Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos App - Synchronization crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos App - Synchronization crashes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I actually have two problems with my W10 Photo App. The first, main one is that the synchronisation with the photos of my Iphone X does not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GuilhemTosi, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Photos App - Synchronization crashes

Hi, I actually have two problems with my W10 Photo App.

The first, main one is that the synchronisation with the photos of my Iphone X does not work. Photos does identify "new" pictures, ie pictures present on the Iphone and not on the computer, but only synchronizes the newest ones. When starting to synchronize older pictures (I have a batch of c. 4000 pictures a few months old that are not on the PC yet), Photos systematically crashes. As it is virtually impossible to manually upload the new pics from the iphone, I am stuck...

While trying to solve this issue with Microsoft assistance, they have guided me in updating Windows photo, Itunes and Windows 10 entirely. Now a new issue has appeared : Photos does not manage any more to identify "new" pictures, ie the ones that are on the Iphone but not on the PC. While my photo collection does appear in the Windows Photos app, when launching the synchronisation with the Iphone, ALL pictures are tagged as new even when they are already present on the PC and in Photos collection. I have ensured that the target folder for the synchronisation is the one where the pictures are saved.

Microsft assistance says they cannot help me and direct me to the community : many thanks for your help !

Regards

:)

GuilhemTosi, Mar 24, 2019
  2. abn505 Win User

Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Mar 24, 2019
  3. ben201 Win User
    Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Mar 24, 2019
  4. lxROKxl Win User

Windows 10 Photos App - Synchronization crashes

Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Windows 10 Photos App - Synchronization crashes [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Windows 10 Photos App - Synchronization crashes :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Photos App - Synchronization crashes

1. Windows 10 Photos App - Synchronization crashes - Similar Threads - Photos App Synchronization

2. window photo app crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window photo app crash: i able to open a video with photo but not edit video or type photo it the search barthing i have try and it did not work1. scf /scannow2. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth3. window troubleshoot4. winodw is up to date5. get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos*...
  3. window photo app crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window photo app crash: i able to open a video with photo but not edit video or type photo it the search barthing i have try and it did not work1. scf /scannow2. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth3. window troubleshoot4. winodw is up to date5. get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos*...
  4. Windows photo app crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows photo app crash: Like the title says, my photos app keeps crashing, tried reinstall, repair, reset and nothing. The windows report says this "Lightbox.dll" for the faulty module https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-app-crash/04f47053-830e-4338-b455-a48cdc55d8b7
  5. Photos-App Crash

Photos-App Crash: Hi all, Since a Photo-App Update believe some months ago, it happens sometime that the App crashes by doubleclicking on a .jpg file. In 80% it works with no problems. Sometimes after waiting very long, the App crashes. After closing the App and retry, the App will work fine...
  6. Photos App Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App Crashing: Hi all, I have searched for a solution to this problem for some time, but nothing seems to work for me. Just putting out a message in a bottle here one more time to see if anyone has anything further to add: When I open the Photos app, I get a black window for about 2...
  7. Windows 10 Photo App Freezes and then crashes

Windows 10 Photo App Freezes and then crashes: I'm trying to import all the pictures and videos in my phone to my laptop, first I imported the media with the option "Transfer pictures" selected in my phone, but when it finished importing the pictures I noticed that there where a lot of them missing. So then I tried...
  8. Windows 10 photo app keeps crashing

Windows 10 photo app keeps crashing: PLEASE.....update the photo app to correct the problem of it crashing. Photos display for 4-6 seconds, then drop off the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-keeps-crashing/7a27d9a9-a2f8-4b8a-9376-2b6d479cadfb
  9. photos app crashes

photos app crashes: The Windows 10 update on 6/11/2018 has cause my photo app to crash immediately on startup. I reinstalled photo, but I continuously get a file systems error (-2147279796) come on MS get it fixed please !...
  10. Windows Photos App crashes

Windows Photos App crashes: So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes. Information about the error: This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or...