Windows 10: Windows 10 photos app went away, I can't get a replacement from the "store"

Discus and support Windows 10 photos app went away, I can't get a replacement from the "store" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't what happened, but the photos app that came with Win 10 disappeared. I went to the Microsoft Store to download it, and it won't let me sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zorro6204, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Zorro6204 Win User

Windows 10 photos app went away, I can't get a replacement from the "store"

I don't what happened, but the photos app that came with Win 10 disappeared. I went to the Microsoft Store to download it, and it won't let me sign in, it says I don't have an internet connection! Of course I have an internet connection, otherwise how could I be reading that message???

Help, I want that app back, it worked very well. Thank you.

:)

Zorro6204, Sep 23, 2018
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Sep 23, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Windows 10 photos app went away, I can't get a replacement from the "store"

Windows 10--> app store, photo <--- not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with Windows Store apps as they are not working, we will help you with this issue.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: For issues with Windows Store.

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the Windows Store.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store apps form working properly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 photos app went away, I can't get a replacement from the "store"

1. Windows 10 photos app went away, I can't get a replacement from the "store" - Similar Threads - photos app went

2. Windows Activation went away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation went away: My windows is no longer active. When I turned on my computer today the registration for my Windows went away. Also, the troubleshooting does not work. It cannot find my product key even though I've had windows for about five years....
  3. Windows Activation went away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation went away: My windows is no longer active. When I turned on my computer today the registration for my Windows went away. Also, the troubleshooting does not work. It cannot find my product key even though I've had windows for about five years....
  4. Can't get rid of Photos App.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of Photos App.: Recently a screen called "Photos" keeps popping up on my PC. I never installed this app, don't want it, and when I tried to delete it under settings the uninstall command was greyed out. How can I get rid of this annoying app. I have Windows 10....
  5. Can't get rid of Photos App.

Can't get rid of Photos App.: Recently a screen called "Photos" keeps popping up on my PC. I never installed this app, don't want it, and when I tried to delete it under settings the uninstall command was greyed out. How can I get rid of this annoying app. I have Windows 10....
  6. Why can't I get apps outside of the windows app store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I get apps outside of the windows app store?: Hello,I am running Windows 11 Home. I can't get apps outside of the Windows Store. How do I select the option to allow apps from anywhere? There isn't a apps and features option anymore. I want to download an app from the google store, but can't. I want to use the...
  7. Why can't I get apps outside of the windows app store?

Why can't I get apps outside of the windows app store?: Hello,I am running Windows 11 Home. I can't get apps outside of the Windows Store. How do I select the option to allow apps from anywhere? There isn't a apps and features option anymore. I want to download an app from the google store, but can't. I want to use the...
  8. I can't view my photos from external drive with windows 10 photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't view my photos from external drive with windows 10 photos app.: I've been selected the folder on on my external drive in source setting but it doesn't show any of my photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-view-my-photos-from-external-drive-with/48551cf8-a896-460d-b3db-bb8368b04eec
  9. Can't get app from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't get app from Microsoft Store.: I download some app before from Microsoft Store, but now it's not working. I am clicking on the blue button of GET but it's not downloading app. It also not showing any reason or message. I need some apps to get, help me out. Tnx....
  10. Can't "get" from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't "get" from Store: when I press the "get" button, nothing happens. I have signed in and out of my account and the problem persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-from-store/8c9a38d0-c727-48d0-acc6-975861199dde"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get photos app

2. window store photos