Windows 10: Windows 10 - Photos application is slow when it comes to turning photos by 90 degrees

Discus and support Windows 10 - Photos application is slow when it comes to turning photos by 90 degrees in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have many photos to turn and fix and this problem appears everytime for 2 years or so. Can anyone help me? to be exact: after I open (or scroll to)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dezoufinous, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - Photos application is slow when it comes to turning photos by 90 degrees

I have many photos to turn and fix and this problem appears everytime for 2 years or so. Can anyone help me?

to be exact: after I open (or scroll to) photo in Photos app (jpg file format), I have an Arrow rotate sign "Rotate", and I press it, and it does NOTHING for 3 or so seconds, and then it rotates the image.

Why is it so slow? I can even press it 3 times, and then after 3 seconds it does 3 rotations fast.

Is there any way to speed it up?

submitted by /u/Dezoufinous
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dezoufinous, Mar 7, 2021
  2. RRotter Win User

Is photo rotation (in 90 degree increments) lossless in the Windows 10 Photos app?

I need to rotate a number of JPG photos taken with my Microsoft 950XL phone and viewed on Windows 10 in the Photos app. There must be no degradation of picture quality.

Question: Does the native Windows 10 Photos app do lossless rotation in standard 90 degree rotation increments?

RRotter, Mar 7, 2021
  3. HN_927 Win User
    How to rotate videos by 90 degrees in Windows 10

Windows 10 imports photos automatically in the right format (portrait or landscape), depending on the orientation of the image. Videos, however, are all automatically imported in landscape format. For photos, there is an option to turn left or right when
    right-clicking on the image in the folder view; that option is not available for videos. How do I turn them 90 degrees so that they are the right side up? Thanks!

HN_927, Mar 7, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 - Photos application is slow when it comes to turning photos by 90 degrees

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Windows 10 - Photos application is slow when it comes to turning photos by 90 degrees 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Photos application is slow when it comes to turning photos by 90 degrees

1. Windows 10 - Photos application is slow when it comes to turning photos by 90 degrees - Similar Threads - Photos application slow

2. APPLICATION PHOTO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APPLICATION PHOTO: Mon application microsoft photo a disparu de mon ordinateur sous windows 10 V22H2 pour x64. Après essai de téléchargement, celui ci n'abouti pas, suite à erreur code 0x803FB005. Comment puis-je réinstaller cette appli?...
  3. Photos Application in Windows 10

Photos Application in Windows 10: Where are the settings for the Photos Application stored ? Are they stored in the registry? I need to find a list of what photos and videos that have been added into a specific Album as I want to copy the selected photos and videos from my desktop computer to my Surface...
  4. Tagging individual photos with Windows 10 Photos application

Tagging individual photos with Windows 10 Photos application: Is there a way to add people tags to individual photos using the Windows 10 Photos application? I am familiar with the AI tagging feature which identifies unique faces throughout the entire photo collection and then allows you to name those faces. However, the AI tagging...
  5. Windows 10 Photo Application

Windows 10 Photo Application: The Windows 10 Photo Application will not run even though my pc tells me it is installed. I get the following message This application can't open . Check the Windows Store for more info about Photos. See in Store...
  6. Photos Application Hangs When Importing The Photos.

Photos Application Hangs When Importing The Photos.: In the last few months I have not been able to use the automatic import function in the Photos app, as it hangs shortly after the import window opens and starts filling it with photos from my source. Using an SD card directly into my Surface Book2, or connecting my Nikon...
  7. 90 degree screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    90 degree screen: My screen turned 90 degrees. how do I turn it back to horizonatal [Moved from : Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/90-degree-screen/e7cf233a-43fc-43de-a0d5-d1479d7efbe8
  8. 90 degree screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    90 degree screen: My screen turned 90 degrees. how do I turn it back to horizonatal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/90-degree-screen/e7cf233a-43fc-43de-a0d5-d1479d7efbe8
  9. How to rotate videos by 90 degrees in Windows 10

How to rotate videos by 90 degrees in Windows 10: Windows 10 imports photos automatically in the right format (portrait or landscape), depending on the orientation of the image. Videos, however, are all automatically imported in landscape format. For photos, there is an option to turn left or right when right-clicking on the...
  10. Windows 10 Photos application

Windows 10 Photos application: For example: I added a folder in windows Photos app, the folder have 3 sub folders namely folder1, folder2, folder3 each sub folder has 3 images. >MainFolder >Folder1 >image1 >image2 >image3...