Windows 10: Windows 10 photos apps tile

Discus and support Windows 10 photos apps tile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Sir/Madam In my windows 10 pro-2018 edition...I want to customize my favorites picture in photos app tile at start menu but in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BhautikKukadiya, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 photos apps tile

Dear Sir/Madam

In my windows 10 pro-2018 edition...I want to customize my favorites picture in photos app tile at start menu but in setting menu of photos app there are options where I can see three options first Recent photos/favorites/ A single photo. I select favorites option but there is a not such way where I can select my favorites pictures.

I want to set my favorites pictures in photos app tile at the start menu. How can I do that????

Regards

Bhautik Kukadiya

:)

BhautikKukadiya, Sep 4, 2018

2. Photos app tile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To better understand the issue please let us know.

1.Does the issue happens to every photo or to that particular photo?

2.Have you tried changing the photo on the tile and see if the issue persists?

If not follow the steps to change the photo on the tile and see if it helps:

• Open the Photos app.

• Go to settings and go to photo tiles and change it to a single photo and see if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps.

If the issue persists please get back to us we will be happy to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Controlling which photos appear on the photo tile

Hi,

To resolve the issue, we would suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key”, right click on Photo app
    • Click “Turn Live tile off
    • Now open the “Photo app”, click on “settings” in the left pane
    • Add photos folder in the sources that you want to view on the tile
    • In the “photo tile” option, click on “recent photos
    • Close the current window, again press “Windows key”
    • You should be able to see the selected images now

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 photos apps tile

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 photos apps tile

1. Windows 10 photos apps tile - Similar Threads - photos apps tile

2. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  3. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...
  4. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?: Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy? it begin when I select an image for my app's tile, and then the start menu lags and closes on its own. I know it's just a small issue, but it bothers me.I already try these fixes but it didn't work.Check for UpdatesRestart...
  5. Is the photo app tile in Windows 10 start menu buggy?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Photo app tile refuses to update

Photo app tile refuses to update: My photos app tile refuses to update anymore, despite me resetting it etc etc etc. Why? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-tile-refuses-to-update/ffffd35d-f993-4d23-b82c-3a94f576885d
  7. photo tiles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photo tiles: After latest update, I cannot see my photos. Only see a picture of a blue mountain tile. I could see my actual photo tiles before. How can I get my original photos back? Most don't have detailed descriptions in the save as. I have done a restore to the settings of...
  8. Photos tile

Photos tile: Photos tile does not open. The photos app is no longer in the Settings list. Store info states that it is installed. If it was in the list to uninstall and reinstall would I lose the photos. Audrey...
  9. Native photos app live tile

Native photos app live tile: Does anyone have issues with the live tile on the photos app? It works 90% of the time. But then I will open the start menu and the live tile will be occassionaly static on a single photo. No shuffling. It will work again if I either log out/ log in again or if I right click...
  10. Native photo app live tile

Native photo app live tile: I like the live tile on the native photo app despite not being able to control what pics show and it only scrolling through 5 at any given time. However do people find the live tile buggy? It will be happily working away but then I will notice the tile gets stuck on a single...