Windows 10: Windows 10 photos import procedure?

Discus and support Windows 10 photos import procedure? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I have used Win 10 to import my pics from my Android S9 phone. In the past, Photo would see my phone an I could direct it to save the photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DickStir, Jan 25, 2021.

1. DickStir Win User

Windows 10 photos import procedure?

Recently I have used Win 10 to import my pics from my Android S9 phone. In the past, Photo would see my phone an I could direct it to save the photos to my E:/ drive and it would create a folder for each day the pictures were taken. The folder name would be 2020-12-15.

Recently it quit creating a folder by date and the option to do that was removed from the setup. It was a very handy option to chronologically save my photos.

So what happened? Where did those options go? OR am I missing something?

Thanks!

:)

DickStir, Jan 25, 2021

2. Photo import procedure?

Hi Duanestory,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

1) How are you exactly trying to import the photos in Windows 10?

2) Where exactly you refer to, when you say " box that displays them has no "import" button"? Is it in Photos app/any other source?

Follow the below steps to import the photos from your phone through Photos app and check if it helps.

• Open the Start menu, type Photos in search bar results and click on Photos app from the search bar results.
    • Click on the (...) Symbol at the top right corner of the Photos app.
    • The icon next to (...) Symbol is the Import icon, Click on it.
    • Follow on screen instructions to import the photos from the connected device to your computer (Android/Windows/other device)
    Reference: I suggest you to refer the below articles and check if it helps.

Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/import-photos-videos

The above article applies to Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

Import photos and videos in Windows 8.1

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 photos import procedure? - Similar Threads - photos import procedure

2. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo import to folders: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  3. Windows 10 Photo import to folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo import to folders: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  4. Photo Imports iPhoneXR to Windows 10

Photo Imports iPhoneXR to Windows 10: I have been trying to export recent photos from my iPhoneXR to Windows 10. However, the computer appears to only be reading a partial file. Not all images are transferring....
  5. Windows 10 not importing photos

Windows 10 not importing photos: Hi, I downloaded photos from a Canon Nexus yesterday to my laptop windows 10 using the same USB port I use to download photos from my iphone 7. Today when I tried downloading photos from the Iphone having connected it via USB cable I am repeatedly getting the message...
  6. Importing photo setting for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photo setting for windows 10: Recently, I can not import my pictures from my camera . I m running windows 10 and wondering if some setting is preventing the import. When I connect my camera the window pops up but then freezes preventing me from choosing to import and then disappears. What is preventing me...
  7. Importing photos

Importing photos: I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. I have a Pentax camera which was on the previous version. Since the upgrade I tried to download photos from my camera to my laptop but all mention of my camera from the Device Manager has disappeared. When connecting...
  8. Importing Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Photos: Hi, can you help me please! We are trying to import photos from 2 different ipads to one PC. Some photos are held on both ipads & as a result we now appear to have duplicate photos that have been scanned awaiting import although only one ipad is connected at any one time....
  9. Windows photo importer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows photo importer: I used to be able to plug an SD card into my computer, the importer would pop up, and in one click I would ask it to import my photos and videos while deleting them off the SD card when finished. Now, for some reason the importer won't remember my settings to delete the...
  10. photo import

photo import: windows 10 won't let me import photo's from my ipad pro - or my iphone - it does not seem to know it's there - I have said yes to the trust this computer when the message flashes up on my pad and phone but to no avail - HELP...