Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos not indexing new photos

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos not indexing new photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have more or less the same problem as posted on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kondado, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Kondado Win User

Windows 10 Photos not indexing new photos

Hello,

I have more or less the same problem as posted on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...indexing/c50cd30d-f8ce-49cb-8bc1-7b6ede55cde2 thread, and it was closed without any proper solution, which I think is pretty poor customer service.

Not only are people/faces not indexed but nothing seems to be indexed. I can't search for objects or anything. It would be good if there was some more info about the indexing process and also to force the indexing. All this "dumbing" down of the user interfaces is getting pretty annoying.

I'd be glad for any useful advice to solve this issue.

Kind regards.

:)

Kondado, Dec 1, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Windows 10 Photos not indexing new photos 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Rebuilding the search index in your computer may help speed-up the loading of photos in the app. The search index is like a directory of files and media in your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Indexing Options, and click on Indexing Options from the results.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Under Troubleshooting, click Rebuild.

We also suggest that you download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, you may reinstall the Photos app. For steps on how to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app, follow the steps provided by Anil Madishetty on this thread:

Why won't my Photos app load on Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gino Des, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Printing a photo on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can use Windows Photo App to print the photos in windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and type Photos.
    • Select the photo.
    • Right click on the photo.
    • Select print option.
    • Then you will be able to print photos.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Photos not indexing new photos - Similar Threads - Photos indexing photos

2. New Windows 10 photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 10 photos: Can install the new Microsoft photos app on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-10-photos/ba74c74b-7aed-4bd3-9e16-3c2fca3731bc
  3. New Windows 10 photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 10 photos: Can install the new Microsoft photos app on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-10-photos/ba74c74b-7aed-4bd3-9e16-3c2fca3731bc
  4. windows 10 new photo

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 new photo: gg apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-new-photo/13901a05-b6f2-4346-9676-7d5a3b495e6b
  5. Windows Photos App - Indexing HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photos App - Indexing HDD: When I start Windows Photo APP it indexes the photos on my PC for about 15-20minuites. If I try to scroll through photos in the APP as the indexing is going on and enlarge a photo to edit it I get a 'thumbnail' type view until Windows catches up. My PC is a i7 - 4970K,...
  6. Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos: I store my photos on a NAS that I access using SMB as a mapped network drive. I have no trouble accessing the photos and looking at them by double clicking on the images using file explorer and opening them in Microsoft Photos. However, when I add all my photos to my...
  7. Organising photos in the new windows photo app.

Organising photos in the new windows photo app.: Hi, please can I ask if anyone knows how I Can create a gallery, like the old windows live photo gallery in the new windows photo app? It was just a really easy way to organise and edit photos and I would like to create something similar....
  8. Photos App Speedup ; Explorer Indexing ; Windows 10 Photos App

Photos App Speedup ; Explorer Indexing ; Windows 10 Photos App: Because Microsoft Photos App Image Viewer will open images sorted by "height" I am using it to evaluate many thousands of .jpg and .png image files as to whether I want to keep them or delete them. Normally I would "tag" the files I want to keep then delete the other,...
  9. Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?: Maybe there is a Command-line command for that? Each day i upload to my hdd a lot of renovation & work projects photos. More than 70000 total...
  10. Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?

Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?: Maybe there is a Command-line command for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-stop-photos-from-indexing-photos/17c37ba3-6f13-4a4b-8bcb-6374967cc93b