Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos--Why is it even called "Photos"

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos--Why is it even called "Photos" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I sell vintage glass. To do this I need a filing system to store my photos by manufacturer NOT BY DATE. I want a filing system. I don't want "To get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by davidford3, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Photos--Why is it even called "Photos"

I sell vintage glass. To do this I need a filing system to store my photos by manufacturer NOT BY DATE.

I want a filing system. I don't want "To get creative" beyond a little basic editing, or add sound tracks or three-D effects or anything else.

Windows Live Photo Gallery worked fine. Since "Photos" replaced it photos seems to come at the bottom of the list, the priority seems to be tinkering with all the whistles and bells for all the other stuff that they are lumped in with.

Yesterday I opened photos to find changing the destination of uploads didn't work, although "Delete photos from camera after uploading" is back AGAIN after disappearing after the last foul-up.

Today I gave up trying to upload my latest photos to their separate files and uploaded them plus 150 others that I hadn't deleted because that function had gone missing to the one file I could use.

I notice that the photos already in that file have re-acquired all the "permanently" deleted originals that preceded my editing. Adding yet more chaos in my filing system.

Checking one or two other files I find every photo from random "Months" have been added to them. EVEN MORE CHAOS

ISN'T IT YET CLEAR THAT "Photos" IS A TOTALLY USELESS MESS in its present form. That as a filing system it is completely un-reliable as I never know what I'll find when I open it. That on a regular basis it becomes completely un-fit for purpose.

For Gods sake go back to "Photos" being used for photos and ONLY PHOTOS.

Put all the other stuff that has nothing to do with still-photos somewhere else.

PLEASE.

:)

davidford3, Jul 26, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Windows 10 Photos--Why is it even called "Photos" 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Jul 26, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows 10 Photos--Why is it even called "Photos" [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Photos--Why is it even called "Photos"

Printing a photo on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can use Windows Photo App to print the photos in windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and type Photos.
    • Select the photo.
    • Right click on the photo.
    • Select print option.
    • Then you will be able to print photos.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Photos--Why is it even called "Photos"

1. Windows 10 Photos--Why is it even called "Photos" - Similar Threads - Photos Why called

2. Why Does JPG Photo Image Not Show in Windows Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Does JPG Photo Image Not Show in Windows Photos: I have Windows 10, Office 365 on my desktop PC. When I try to import photos from my iPhone, the jpg preview image no longer appears in Windows Photo - only a blue background jpg image appears - not the actual photo image. Why is this? I have my iPhone settings set to save the...
  3. Windows 11 — Why the next photo is not accessible in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 — Why the next photo is not accessible in Microsoft Photos: Hey everyone, I encountered a problem in the new Photos app in Windows 11.I was viewing some photos, when I saw that the Photos app showed me neither the arrow keys for moving to the previous or next picture, nor the array of the pictures in the folder. I was viewing a large...
  4. Windows 11 — Why the next photo is not accessible in Microsoft Photos

Windows 11 — Why the next photo is not accessible in Microsoft Photos: Hey everyone, I encountered a problem in the new Photos app in Windows 11.I was viewing some photos, when I saw that the Photos app showed me neither the arrow keys for moving to the previous or next picture, nor the array of the pictures in the folder. I was viewing a large...
  5. microsoft photo - why photo becomes square?

microsoft photo - why photo becomes square?: Hi,When double click to open a jpeg photo file, it shows original which is16X9 ratio 4608 X 2592 for millisecond and the photo becomes square. I can open same photo with other apps correctly. This is so annoying when I have to quickly check hundreds of photos by a trail...
  6. Why Photo ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Photo ...: ... does not appear in Settings? . 178516
  7. Window 10 Photo App: Why not:-

Window 10 Photo App: Why not:-: Why not:- export/make available the fundamental Information about the handled photos as a simple SQLite database. I.e. for each photo: path, name, inherent tagging information e.g. Exif, dog, house,..., user provided tagging information You already have the info in a...
  8. Photos and photos albums on Windows 10

Photos and photos albums on Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 on a new laptop. I have gone thru all of the photos and having created numerous albums, I assigned each picture to the appropriate album. However, now when I go back to photos, I find that each one has duplicated and now shows twice. Is there a way to...
  9. Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?

Halfway this evening Windows Photos lost the export to Instagram option. Why?: Earlier this evening I shared some of my photos from Windows Photos to Instagram through the share --> instagram option. Now that's gone. It turns out to be impossible to access the Windows Photos app library from the Instagram app, so the other route does not work either. It...
  10. Photo app showing photos even if there's no source folder selected

Photo app showing photos even if there's no source folder selected: The photo app keeps showing old photos even though I've cleared all the source folders in the setting. Even if I add new source folders it'll show the new photos, but keeps insisting showing the old unwated ones from the folders that I've already removed from the setting....