Windows 10: windows 10 'Photos'

Discus and support windows 10 'Photos' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; PHOTOS When importing I would like the app to be able to detect duplicates already on the system . I do not want to import existing photos. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Merv_893, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Merv_893 Win User

windows 10 'Photos'

PHOTOS

When importing I would like the app to be able to detect duplicates already on the system . I do not want to import existing photos.

I would also like the option of 'download date' being used to create folder.

Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

:)

Merv_893, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

windows 10 'Photos'

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 'Photos'

1. windows 10 'Photos' - Similar Threads - 'Photos'

2. Windows 10 Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photos: How do I move pictures from Albums, In windows 10 Photos to Folders in File Explorer. Note: I am not very computer literate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photos/981bd687-455a-4234-b073-d31829584017"
  3. Windows 10 Photo app cant change import settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo app cant change import settings: All I want to do is change the destination folder my photos go into. As soon as I click on "add this folder to pictures" Photos crashes and closes - I have repaired it, reset, it and reinstalled it - no difference. When is Microsoft going to fix this app - it is so...
  4. Problems with Microsoft Photos Companion

Problems with Microsoft Photos Companion: Transferring photos from my phone (iPhone 7) to my laptop (Dell Microsoft Windows 10) via Photos Companion used to work fine. But lately, as I have attempted to transfer, I get the error message "Something went wrong Be sure that your computer and mobile device are...
  5. Photos and videos are blocked

Photos and videos are blocked: Could you help me with photos and video files that are blocked? This issue occurred suddenly and I cannot “save to” them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-and-videos-are-blocked/6f7e7e0c-5fef-4dda-be7f-1666ba2d63ad
  6. Prefix on names of scanned photos in Windows 10

Prefix on names of scanned photos in Windows 10: I have been scanning family photos and somehow all the new photos have a prefix (the name of the person that I was scanning photos of earlier) on them. I have no idea how I did this and now cannot figure out how to get rid of it. How can I stop this and get back to the...
  7. Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing

Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing: Problem with Microsoft Photos App since upgrade to Win10-1809 Selecting add a folder does nothing on my desktop PC (It works on my laptop and I understand how it is supposed to function) I have removed photos app and reloaded from Windows store - no difference [ATTACH]...
  8. Why does "Microsoft Photos" use a lot of CPU time, even if I have zero photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does "Microsoft Photos" use a lot of CPU time, even if I have zero photos: I have no photos in Microsoft Photos. Yet, in "Task Manager" it's consistently the top user of "CPU time". I have cleared the usage history, and photos.exe climbs right back to the top (or near the top after the browser). Why? Can I uninstall this hog?...
  9. Changing background to own photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing background to own photos: How do I change windows background to my own photo's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-background-to-own-photos/ea771912-440f-4afe-9b77-621c82cdb67d
  10. Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices

Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices: I tried a forum search for this question but I couldn't find help. I have an Outlook.com account that I use on two Windows 10 phones, a Windows 10 PC, and two Surface Pros. I use the People App with the same Outlook.com account on these devices. Although the complete list...