Windows 10: Windows 10 Picture app won't open some of my pictures on the back up

Discus and support Windows 10 Picture app won't open some of my pictures on the back up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought an SeagateDS external drive/server for my files backup. I copies all my photos on it but when I am using Photo app to view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by panda144, Nov 18, 2019.

1. panda144 Win User

Windows 10 Picture app won't open some of my pictures on the back up

Hello,

I recently bought an SeagateDS external drive/server for my files backup. I copies all my photos on it but when I am using Photo app to view them on SOME pictures I get It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. check the permissions and try again. I double checked the permission on my pictures folder and I don't see any restrictions. Can anyone help to figure out what might be the issue?

thanks,

:)

panda144, Nov 18, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Pictures in Windows 10

Hi Sugar,

Apologize for the late reply.

Are you able to find other files and folders on Windows 10?

I suggest you to have a look for Windows 8.1 pictures in Windows.old folder.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer
    • Press C:\ Drive
    • under C: drive look for Windows.old folder
    • open users under Windows.old

Try the search for pictures in here.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Picture app won't open some of my pictures on the back up

Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

Aloha,

Thanks for the suggestions but I have already done everything listed. Nothing is giving me back access to my pictures. I can enter the files but the pictures will not open.

Mahalo,

Rhonda

RhondaKlimt, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Picture app won't open some of my pictures on the back up

1. Windows 10 Picture app won't open some of my pictures on the back up - Similar Threads - Picture app won't

2. Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures: Problem with Pictures not Opening PicturesI have a iPhone 14 Pro Max that I used to take pictures while on a vacation. When I got hoe I created Folder and transferred those pictures .JPEG and HEIC to my Microsoft Surface Pro 7.When I trt to open a >JPEG file with Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft Photos some time opened but no back or forward the picture and not close the app....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos some time opened but no back or forward the picture and not close the app....: please give the solution in given mail id, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-some-time-opened-but-no-back-or/2eb32b47-4214-4583-8a1b-b0fbc1194eeb
  4. Microsoft Photos some time opened but no back or forward the picture and not close the app....

Microsoft Photos some time opened but no back or forward the picture and not close the app....: please give the solution in given mail id, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-some-time-opened-but-no-back-or/2eb32b47-4214-4583-8a1b-b0fbc1194eeb
  5. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  6. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  7. The Windows Photo App will not open a picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows Photo App will not open a picture: I have just updated to ver 2004 and now the Windows Photo App will not open a picture. I can reset and repair it and it will open a picture. If I try to open another one, the app hangs. Need to know how to resolve....
  8. pictures won't open on Windows 10. what's the fix

pictures won't open on Windows 10. what's the fix: The photos online do not open, I use windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-wont-open-on-windows-10-whats-the-fix/f8953b4f-dd2d-41ca-8b89-61da4b1f27b8
  9. Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in Pictures folder will not open: Pictures will not open in any app or program. I get error messages that I do not have permission to open these files. I have already checked and re-checked the permissions. I am the administrator on my computer. I've run the various diagnostics from the command prompt....
  10. Pictures won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures won't open: Message is "class not recognised". Tried sfc/scanflow but still won't open. 51823