Windows 10: Windows 10 picture viewer Slow

Discus and support Windows 10 picture viewer Slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have facing an issue, the windows 10 picture viewer loading very slow, seem like hang. take > 10 mins to load a picture It was happen on the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yuen how chong, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 picture viewer Slow

I have facing an issue, the windows 10 picture viewer loading very slow, seem like hang. take > 10 mins to load a picture

It was happen on the first day i get my new PC..

my harddisk is HDD.

beside than open picture slow.

the windows File Explorer Win + E it will be slow.

if i open an folder from desktop, it no issue.

after send back factory for repair. it was fixed.

it happen again in few months... after window automatic update

I use windows "Reset this PC", now it working find again.

:)

yuen how chong, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Homeless Win User

Windows picture and fax viewer slow?

I noticed that my windows picture and fax viewer is sluggishly slow when attempting to view pictures compared to my old computer. After some googling, someone had mentioned that he had to run the windows desktop cleanup tool. Unfortunately for me, I removed that in a custom windows install as I thought I would never need it. I was hoping that someone knew another possible solution to make the picture viewer run at normal speed, or a way to reinstall desktop cleanup wizard.

Homeless, Feb 3, 2020
  3. reg66 Win User
    Windows picture and fax viewer slow?

I had the same problem...

Found this on another site:

"AMAZING RESULTS!!!
    turns out i found out what was causing the slow down. On my desktop I had two links to exe files for games i had uninstalled. so they were dead links. As soon as these were gone, the picture opened up instantly. Ok, so what was slowing down the picture in the other folder? .... turns out i had a link to a network folder that was no longer active. remove this and every picture in that folder opens up instantly.

Conclusion:
    When opening up a picture using Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, if there exists within that same directory a dead LNK file, this will cause some slow down with the application.

Why this occurs? Perhaps when loading the application, it first scans the directory to make a note of the available pictures for like a slide show purpose. When encountering a dead link, the program hangs for a period of time.

Give it a try, I bet this isnt just a localized case."

reg66, Feb 3, 2020
  4. RC2100-2 Win User

Windows 10 picture viewer Slow

Windows 10 Photo Viewer - SLOW - SLOW - SLOW

My Windows 10 (and Windows Photo Viewer) was running fine for the past 10 months until the late Sept 2016 updates. Then "poof" - welcome to SLOW, SLOW Photo Viewer. Thanks Windows 10 update. Several people have suggested fixes in the registry under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer\Viewer

or

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\ Photo Viewer\Viewer

The problem is that I have NO folder named "Windows Photo Viewer" or "Windows Live" or their sub-folders. So I have to assume that the Windows 10 update wiped them out.

So I can tinker with the registry (risky) or find another default photo viewer. Or maybe it is time to become an Apple user.

RC2100-2, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 picture viewer Slow

1. Windows 10 picture viewer Slow - Similar Threads - picture viewer Slow

2. picture viewer default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    picture viewer default: how do I change the default to view my pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-viewer-default/4b8e5de1-77bd-4195-8669-5d5229acbcd4
  3. Windows classic picture viewer runs too slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows classic picture viewer runs too slow: Well,I use the classic Windows picture viewer because I consider it better than the new Windows 10 new Photos app, but lately I have had a problem with it. Before, when I clicked in opening a picture, it opened immediately, but now when I click to open a picture with the...
  4. how to keep windows picture viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to keep windows picture viewer: With the latest updates, once again, Windows changes from picture viewer to photos. I'm on Win10pro v 200 Any permement way to keep windows from doing this or do I have to keep changing it back? thanks. Mark 167489
  5. Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down

Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down: Hello A while ago i downloaded IrfanView and since then the default windows photo viewer takes a very long time to open my pictures and even if it does open, it will open with a white screen which means nothing will happen or it will open with black which means it will take...
  6. Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down: Hello A while ago i downloaded IrfanView and since then the default windows photo viewer takes a very long time to open my pictures and even if it does open, it will open with a white screen which means nothing will happen or it will open with black which means it will take...
  7. Windows 10 picture viewer and File Explorer is Slow / Hang

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 picture viewer and File Explorer is Slow / Hang: I have facing an issue, the windows 10 picture viewer loading very slow, seem like hang. take > 10 mins to load a picture It was happen on the first day i get my new PC.. After "Reset Photos app" method, it work fine for few time to open picture file. But, the issue will...
  8. Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.

Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.: When I open a folder with , let's say, 100 photos in it, I click on the first photo and I tap the right arrow to go to the next photo. After a random number of photos, the photos will skip ahead a random amount. Example:I'll open photo 1, then I'll tap the arrow, I'll see...
  9. Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.: When I open a folder with , let's say, 100 photos in it, I click on the first photo and I tap the right arrow to go to the next photo. After a random number of photos, the photos will skip ahead a random amount. Example:I'll open photo 1, then I'll tap the arrow, I'll see...
  10. Classic Picture Viewer

Classic Picture Viewer: The new one is terrible, it's like a phone app or something. Is there a way to get the windows 7 style one back, or something close that that one? 13904