Windows 10: Windows 10 Pictures and Documents folders icons not visible on my disk partition after...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pictures and Documents folders icons not visible on my disk partition after... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Windows people, I may have made a mistake but I don't see it. After receiving my new computer and installing windows 10, I created a partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NotAnITGuyFR, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pictures and Documents folders icons not visible on my disk partition after...

Dear Windows people,

I may have made a mistake but I don't see it. After receiving my new computer and installing windows 10, I created a partition of my disk for Windows C:\ and another to store data E:\.

I changed my Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music folders paths to a folder I created in E:\ but only Music and Videos are visible.

Windows 10 Pictures and Documents folders icons not visible on my disk partition after... 75743262-6dec-4cb6-bb54-c41e594c9834?upload=true.png

If I click on parameters on the Documents or Pictures icon on the left of my screen, I can see they are where they should be but they are invisible in the folder... Of course I checked hidden files, they are enabled but I still can't see them.

In regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

everything seems normal to me

and in the

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

they are in the right location.

If I try to save a screenshot to the Pictures folder, it appears to be in C:\ and if I try to save it to the Music folder I get this error sorry it is in french but basically it is saying that the location is not available:

Windows 10 Pictures and Documents folders icons not visible on my disk partition after... cfc06edb-510f-4f06-a263-50d684417054?upload=true.png

I have no clue of what the problem might me...

I hope someone can find a solution to my problem.

Thank you in advance!

:)

NotAnITGuyFR, Nov 5, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Nov 5, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 5, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows 10 Pictures and Documents folders icons not visible on my disk partition after...

Gripe with Windows 7/Vista

My recently acquired laptop has Windows 7 on it. I remember having this problem with Vista too... my folder view settings won't save. By default it's in list mode, but I want it to be in medium icon mode. I went to Folder Options and clicked on the apply settings to all folders button, but when I go to my documents, and the documents tab is in medium icons mode, music is in list mode, pictures is in medium icons mode, and videos in large icons mode. I want them all to be in medium icons mode.

Thema:

Windows 10 Pictures and Documents folders icons not visible on my disk partition after...

1. Windows 10 Pictures and Documents folders icons not visible on my disk partition after... - Similar Threads - Pictures Documents folders

2. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder: Hello. I just reset my PC and I was trying to move the downloads, pictures and documents folder from Local Disk C: to Local Disk D:. I clicked properties>location>move and moved them to Local Disk D:, but I think i forgot to create a folder while adding them separately, so...
  3. SOME pictures not visible in folders

SOME pictures not visible in folders: RANDOM pictures not visible in folder.YES I have checked and unchecked EVERY box suggested in EVERY other thread.also MS, it's soooo helpful when every thread is closednew Lenovo flex, copied files from older Lenovo flex both windows 10SOMETIMES if I rename file it becomes...
  4. SOME pictures not visible in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOME pictures not visible in folders: RANDOM pictures not visible in folder.YES I have checked and unchecked EVERY box suggested in EVERY other thread.also MS, it's soooo helpful when every thread is closednew Lenovo flex, copied files from older Lenovo flex both windows 10SOMETIMES if I rename file it becomes...
  5. SOME pictures not visible in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Disk Management partitions not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Management partitions not visible: I've never seen this before and can't seem to find any similar situations online. Trying to add a new SSD drive for additional storage, not Windows C drive. Disk Managment visual representation of partitions is greyed out/ greened out for some reason? I've restarted and all...
  7. documents and picture folders

documents and picture folders: Large Double Blue arrows are showing up on my documents and picture folders and I want them gone. I cant even hardly see whats under the arrows. Anyone know how to do that?...
  8. Windows 10- My picture background is black; Program Icons visible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10- My picture background is black; Program Icons visible.: How do I get my background picture to come back? What setting did I accidentally change? Madeline * Moved from MSN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-my-picture-background-is-black-program/4d549735-e8d4-4b08-8683-61a4d53d0f5c
  9. Moving Documents-Pictures Folders to Separate Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Documents-Pictures Folders to Separate Partition: I'd like some opinion. I formatted the 16.7 GB RESTORE partition to clean it out to put documents and pictures there to minimize the C: backup size and just keep them separate. Turns out the 16.7 GB is too small for putting a backup but I could put documents. Does it make...
  10. My Pictures and Documents folder are in my Downloads folder

My Pictures and Documents folder are in my Downloads folder: I seem to have duplication of folders. Under "This PC" I have a normal looking folder structure and clicking on those folders takes me to the appropriate files. For example: "This PC > Documents" has "Acrobat, Adobe, and AirDroid" as the first three folders. If i navigate to...