Windows 10: Windows 10 Pictures Folder Permission Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Pictures Folder Permission Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed that after every reboot the permissions of the Pictures folder revert to a read/execute status for "Home Users," and although my log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rivergoat, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Rivergoat Win User

Windows 10 Pictures Folder Permission Issues

I have noticed that after every reboot the permissions of the Pictures folder revert to a read/execute status for "Home Users," and although my log in status has Admin credentials, I cannot save to the folder without a prompt. Plus if my Lightroom catalog is in there I can't open it. Once I manually change the permissions to Full Control, it works fine, but reverts back to the read/execute status at each reboot.

Others have reported similar behavior, and while we thought it related to iCloud for Windows, even after removing that the problem persists.

I did a right click on the Pictures folder, and in "sharing" selected "not shared," after which in properties I no longer see "Home Users" listed. So it works fine until the reboot when it reappears.

I am not using the system's built-in Administrator account, just my own account with Admin rights.

The OS is an upgrade from Win7 Pro(64-bit) to Win10 Pro (64-bit)

What doe s the rest of the group have in the way of comments? Thanks.

:)

Rivergoat, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 uninstall issues

After Windows 10 uninstall, issues with my Windows 7.

After windows 10 was uninstalled I tried to add photos to my Picture Folder

in Libraries. Received the message that folder was unavailable. Checked all the other folders in Libraries and same message: This folder is unavailable.

“C;\Users\User\Pictures\screen shot Pictures folder Untitled.jpg

You don’t have permission to save in this location.

Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

Would you like to save in the My Pictures folder instead?”

When I click on yes I get the same error message.

Please note My Pictures all used to be in the Pictures folder.

Same thing happened when trying to add documents to documents and music to music folder, etc.

How do I make those folders ‘available’?

bugsychipr, Aug 6, 2015
  3. GOkc Win User
    Windows 10 OneDrive Resetting File Permissions

After upgrading to Windows 10, I've noticed that OneDrive starts itself, even though I've unticked the startup box, and then resets permissions on my Pictures folder so that I can't save anything to it because I don't have "permission". I'm not even listed
    as a user on the folder. I have an administrator account, and have full permission. The administrator account also still has full permissions, and that's the confusing part. Others seem to be having this same permission issue.

I have a Windows Phone that also has OneDrive, so I'm wondering if there's an issue there. Today my PC was trying to sync 4 new pictures I took with my phone camera, and OneDrive was "hung" doing so, and this is when I noticed the file permission issue again.
    I'm ready to revert back to Windows 7...

GOkc, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Pictures Folder Permission Issues

1. Windows 10 Pictures Folder Permission Issues - Similar Threads - Pictures Folder Permission

2. Folder permission Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder permission Issue: Hi Team, Over the past few days, we have noticed an issue after updating our device. Whenever we attempt to change the Read-only access for a folder, it automatically reverts back to being a read-only selected folder. This is not functioning properly in our environment. We...
  3. Folder permission Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder permission Issue: Hi Team, Over the past few days, we have noticed an issue after updating our device. Whenever we attempt to change the Read-only access for a folder, it automatically reverts back to being a read-only selected folder. This is not functioning properly in our environment. We...
  4. Folder permission Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Music and Pictures folder issue

Music and Pictures folder issue: Hello. My HDD with my files was dying, so I got a new drive. I had changed the location in properties from my C drive to the now drive before. I copy and pasted all my music, photos, and documents to the new drive. I then removed the old drive, and changed the drive letter of...
  6. Windows 10 permissions issue on shared folders

Windows 10 permissions issue on shared folders: I have a number of computers on a small network. One of these is a file server (running Windows 10). In Windows 7 and early versions of 10, I simply set up a home group and then could map network drives; once this happened I was able to store all my data on the server and...
  7. Folder permission issue?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder permission issue?: I am having a problem with Adobe Photoshop CC and a plugin (Portrait Pro 15). When I try to launch the plugin from photoshop, I get the following error: Could not complete the Portrait Pro command because failed to run application C:/Program Files/PortraitPro Studio...
  8. Windows 10 folder permission

Windows 10 folder permission: Hi I recently purchased FL Mobile 3 from the Microsoft store and am having trouble gaining full permission to the App's folders. I attempted to drop a music folder into the App folder but was denied due to lack of permission. I went through various tutorials and tried...
  9. Windows 10 Folder Permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Folder Permissions: Just incase you run into an issue with folder permission, were windows does not allow the transfer of files or folders from one drive to another. Solved: Right click on folder (or file)>Properties> select the security tab>To change permissions click edit>Add>Enter the object...
  10. Issue with permissions on username folder?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with permissions on username folder?: Hi guys, I have had this issue for a while.....No start menu, can't open some apps like the calculator....I have to ctrl/alt/del to get to shut down button. This is start to bug me so I went to dig a little. When I go to Windows/users I see: Default...