Windows 10: Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date

Discus and support Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HOw do we undo the latest windows update to fix problems with pictures library? Pictures uploaded from camera always went into pictures library in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JenniferMcKown, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date

HOw do we undo the latest windows update to fix problems with pictures library? Pictures uploaded from camera always went into pictures library in folders by date taken. Now they just all go in individually---no folders--disaster when you're looking for picturees by date...Please help--I don't know how or if it's a good idea to undo updates.

jennifer

:)

JenniferMcKown, Dec 29, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 29, 2020
  4. C.R.Akita Win User

Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date

Libraries Pictures folder not up to date

We use the library function for the ability to quickly go to a particular month/day to see what pictures are there. Today, I noticed that while recent pictures are in the folder where they are stored, they do not show up in the pictures library. Nothing
    for the past 5 days is showing up. Settings for the folder are the same.

Suggestions?

C.R.Akita, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date

1. Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date - Similar Threads - pictures library organizing

2. Pictures in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  3. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...: I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library. When I go into the Library and add my folders, it adds the entire folder and everything in it. On a previous topic, one user suggested clicking "Optimize for...
  4. organization procedures for pictures

organization procedures for pictures: Is there a special organization procedures for pictures? I seem to have a redundant folder in the "This PC" folder and the same folder in the C:\ drive. This folder is not the usual yellow color but a solid blue rectangle....
  5. Organizing pictures

Organizing pictures: I need help organizing my pictures in the folder. I have imported some and some transferred from my phone. I have numbered them all in order. But the imported ones will not move into the numbered order. What should I click in the option view folder for them to move into the...
  6. dates on Picture Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dates on Picture Folder: When I upload photos to "Pictures" sometimes the folder date come up as 2216. This is annoying, how do you fix it?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dates-on-picture-folder/2a90e0e2-a509-49d4-90f1-e1bb45ac0b41
  7. Win 10 music and picture libraries

Win 10 music and picture libraries: How do I get info to use the music and picture libraries in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-music-and-picture-libraries/df2b533d-5a31-4a32-b30a-e3f0e320c3ee"
  8. Rearranging picture in a picture folder in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rearranging picture in a picture folder in Windows 10.: How do I manually rearrange picture in a pictures folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rearranging-picture-in-a-picture-folder-in-windows/a49576b9-a276-4f7a-ab2a-d4d6da8c49c4
  9. Windows 10 Homegroup Pictures Library "Working on it"

Windows 10 Homegroup Pictures Library "Working on it": I have two computers in a Homegroup. I have been able to share files with no issue between the two - except today I noticed that I get a "Working on it" message and File Explorer hangs when trying to pull up the Pictures library from one of the computers. The other libraries...
  10. Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library: Hi all. I was experiencing an issue with my windows desktop where an account was acting funny while logging in. (This is not the issue I'm asking for help with.) After looking at a few fixes I gave up on the issue and decided to create a new user account and simply...