Windows 10: Windows 10 pictures not showing previews/thumbnails and instead showing icons? Check this...

Discus and support Windows 10 pictures not showing previews/thumbnails and instead showing icons? Check this... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to share a personal problem that I couldn't solve for a while now but now have; The problem was that I couldn't view any pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by esmosh, Mar 27, 2020.

1. esmosh Win User

Windows 10 pictures not showing previews/thumbnails and instead showing icons? Check this...

Hello, I wanted to share a personal problem that I couldn't solve for a while now but now have;​

The problem was that I couldn't view any pictures without their previews/thumbnails showing- Instead an icon would pop up​

Below there is an example of what would appear instead of a preview/thumbnail ​

Windows 10 pictures not showing previews/thumbnails and instead showing icons? Check this... 19f745b3-b689-4135-a2b0-d75637fe4edc?upload=true.png

As you can see all images would be having the same icon and to separate which one is which is hard to tell and in this situation to see which is which you'd have to individually press on them all one by one to see what is what exactly, but there's a fix! Multiple! that I've went through all.​

The easiest and probably the first problem to your fix is this check the gif below​

If the GIF is having issues please click here CTRL-CLICK​

Windows 10 pictures not showing previews/thumbnails and instead showing icons? Check this... 661ba782-e09d-44c4-95c1-467540b75798?upload=true.gif

This should immediately fix the issue, but if this doesn't, don't worry!​

METHOD 2

Press on your home button Windows logo​

Then type in "Control Panel" click on it ​

Click here CTRL-CLICK if the GIF does not show​

Windows 10 pictures not showing previews/thumbnails and instead showing icons? Check this... c22f31a9-97bb-49e0-b192-aa771556daa1?upload=true.gif

When you come to Control Panel do as I do and paste this: Control Panel\System and Security\System​

to the top tray to be directed to the page quickly, afterwards follow as I do as below​

Click here CTRL-CLICK if the GIF does not show​

Windows 10 pictures not showing previews/thumbnails and instead showing icons? Check this... 83f23e89-b783-402e-9894-0ef05c93f36e?upload=true.gif

If none of these work for you please do note I've only listed two methods by myself, check other forums before heading to Microsoft Support services! Thank you!​

:)

esmosh, Mar 27, 2020

2. thumbnails not showing

After I uploaded windows 10 only the icon for pictures shows. No thumbnails. I went to system properties and "show thumbnails instead of icons" IS checked. still no thumbnails. What's next?

AutumnHendrickson, Mar 27, 2020
  3. JimKWD Win User
    Picture Thumbnails not showing in explorer

Hi,

I have lost all my picture thumbnails When I open explorer and click on pictures can I show my sub folders I was showing a picture preview of the picture now it just shows the icon with the file name no picture preview. If I click on the picture it opens
    windows photo and display the picture

How do I restore the picture thumbnail display I am using windows 10

Thanks

JimKWD, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 pictures not showing previews/thumbnails and instead showing icons? Check this...

Windows 10 photo thumbnail preview not working - getting generic icons showing up instead - Need help please

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Open This PC on Taskbar.
    • Click or Tap on Pictures folder.
    • Click on View.
    • Click or tap on Options and select Change folder and Search options.
    • Click on View and uncheck Always show icons, Never thumbnails.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pictures not showing previews/thumbnails and instead showing icons? Check this... - Similar Threads - pictures showing previews

2. how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10: how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-show-thumbnail-pictures-instead-of-icon-in/5612135c-ccda-4378-8804-5af1c9e2c058
  3. how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10: how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-show-thumbnail-pictures-instead-of-icon-in/5612135c-ccda-4378-8804-5af1c9e2c058
  4. how to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview: I haven't seen a post with the same situation, I tried to disable the option that lets you see icons instead of previews in the file explorer settings...
  6. Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview

Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview: I haven't seen a post with the same situation, I tried to disable the option that lets you see icons instead of previews in the file explorer settings...
  7. "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane: I was trying to reduce performance issues in Windows 11 and noticed that "Show thumbnails instead of icons" option in the Performance settings, disables not only thumbnail previews instead of icons but also the preview pane. If this is expected behavior, this option should be...
  8. "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane

"Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane: I was trying to reduce performance issues in Windows 11 and noticed that "Show thumbnails instead of icons" option in the Performance settings, disables not only thumbnail previews instead of icons but also the preview pane. If this is expected behavior, this option should be...
  9. How to show thumbnails instead of icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to show thumbnails instead of icons?: How do I show thumbnails instead of icons? I have it configured under VIEW. And also under PERFORMANCE OPTIONS. However it doesn't work. I still get icons and not thumbnails. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. How to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to show thumbnail pictures instead of icon in Windows 10: Hello after searching for this answer through numerous posts from years back I finally figured out the solution myself. Here it is: How to display you picture thumbnails instead of generic icon picture in Windows 10 OS: 1. Open File Explorer (Manila folder icon at...