Windows 10: Windows 10 PIN allows inappropriate access to outlook after microsoft password is changed

Discus and support Windows 10 PIN allows inappropriate access to outlook after microsoft password is changed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed my MS account password using my primary pc. Then I logged into my secondary pc using the win 10 PIN. On my secondary pc I was immediately... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SPKraut, Apr 16, 2020.

1. SPKraut Win User

Windows 10 PIN allows inappropriate access to outlook after microsoft password is changed

I changed my MS account password using my primary pc. Then I logged into my secondary pc using the win 10 PIN. On my secondary pc I was immediately given access to my Hotmail online with no prompt for the new MS password. This seems odd because it did prompt me for the password for OneDrive and OneNote.

If I change my MS account password, all of my win 10 devices should require login with the new password. What if one of my devices is lost or stolen? If the finder guesses my PIN he will forever have access to my email. I have no way to stop it short of canceling my email account.

:)

SPKraut, Apr 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 23, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 PIN allows inappropriate access to outlook after microsoft password is changed

Changing password back to a 4 digit pin

Hi John,

I would like to inform you that your query is bit confusing and what I understood is that you would like to change the Windows 10 sign in option to pin.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you able to access the desktop or able to login as you are telling that it tells that you are entering the incorrect password?

• Which is the build currently installed on the computer?

• Is the account a local account or Microsoft Account?
    I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Microsoft Account and please follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • Click on Add under PIN.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.
    Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PIN allows inappropriate access to outlook after microsoft password is changed

1. Windows 10 PIN allows inappropriate access to outlook after microsoft password is changed - Similar Threads - PIN allows inappropriate

2. Can’t change password after PIN error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t change password after PIN error: I accidentally disabled some windows services and when I restarted the PIN wasn’t working anymore. So I had to use my normal password but I forgot that one. Then I tried to select “forgot password” but then I got the system error: error in stack-buffer I saw some solutions...
  3. Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...: Sorry for the large pictures, I can't shrink the them in this format. So I woke up this morning sleepily and fumbled with my keyboard as I tried to sign in with my finger print scanner. As I did that I was told that my organization is forcing me to change my password. I...
  4. stuck in safe mode in Windows 10--PINs are not allowed, and my password is a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stuck in safe mode in Windows 10--PINs are not allowed, and my password is a PIN: My computer has been unusable since choosing Safe Mode today (Windows 10 Home, 64 bit). To sign in, only passWORDs are allowed, not PINs, and I have only used a PIN previously. Is there a solution? This software defect has been reported by others, but no solution has been...
  5. This is in regards to microsoft changing pin or password situation.

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is in regards to microsoft changing pin or password situation.: The answers given may help solve the problem, however, don't you have to have the computer booted up? What if you cannot get that far because of the Microsoft change/...
  6. Change from password to PIN on Windows 10

Change from password to PIN on Windows 10: How do I change from password login to PIN login on Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-from-password-to-pin-on-windows-10/c53cb948-fe6e-41bc-94bd-8debab75e634"
  7. Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password

Outlook 2016 with Exchange server (Rackspace) - cannot access email after changing password: I am using Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 PC connecting to Exchange Server on Rackspace. I changed my password and now I cannot access my email. I am able to access with mobile devices, though. The option to REPAIR my email account is greyed out, and CHANGE will not allow...
  8. resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account: resetting Microsoft account password does not allow access to Microsoft account. Does anyone have a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/resetting-microsoft-account-password-does-not/b7b8b0c7-c799-4d3e-abdf-9cc1b2056956
  9. 2007 Outlook prompts for password after yahoo change password

in Browsers and Email
    2007 Outlook prompts for password after yahoo change password: Hello, I just changed my Yahoo email password, and signed in via IE and works fine. Then I went into my Outlook 2007 Yahoo email account and changed the password. However when I try to send/receive email from outlook on the Yahoo account it pops up requesting the password....
  10. Allow or Prevent User to Change Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent User to Change Password in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Prevent User to Change Password in Windows 10 How to Allow or Prevent User to Change Password in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows includes a feature that allows you the administrator to prevent a user from being able to change their account...