Windows 10: Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update

Discus and support Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft community,I recently updated windows 10, but when I restarted to complete the update, I tried to type my PIN to sign in, but I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Hazem Yacop, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update

Hi Microsoft community,I recently updated windows 10, but when I restarted to complete the update, I tried to type my PIN to sign in, but I couldn't find the field where I put it, instead I found a "sign in" option, which doesn't do anything at all when I click. Please look at the picture.Thanks in advance.

:)

Hazem Yacop, Feb 8, 2024
  2. davidmen1 Win User

No place to sign into Windows 10: No log-in lock screen PIN input field showing; locked out

I made some changes so I could update Windows 10 to the latest release (it wasn't downloading and installing) and now the field to input my four-digit PIN on the initial lock screen doesn't show. I have only four icons showing on the log-in lock screen -
    no field to enter a PIN. So I'm locked out. Any ideas on how to correct this much appreciated.

I tried booting with the shift key held down - it comes up to the same lock screen without the field to enter my PIN, so still locked out. I also tried booting with the enter key held down and do have the ability to get into set-up, the command line, etc,
    but I'm not sure what steps to take to correct the issue that I created.

I'm running Windows 10 (Windows Insider fast release) on a Lenovo Thinkpad X1, 64 bit, in Canada, and don't run any anti-virus other than Windows Defender.

I created this problem by doing a 'clean boot'

davidmen1, Feb 8, 2024
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 8, 2024
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Feb 8, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update

1. Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update - Similar Threads - PIN field showing

2. Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update: Hi Microsoft community,I recently updated windows 10, but when I restarted to complete the update, I tried to type my PIN to sign in, but I couldn't find the field where I put it, instead I found a "sign in" option, which doesn't do anything at all when I click. Please look...
  3. Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update: Hi Microsoft community,I recently updated windows 10, but when I restarted to complete the update, I tried to type my PIN to sign in, but I couldn't find the field where I put it, instead I found a "sign in" option, which doesn't do anything at all when I click. Please look...
  4. Blank field in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank field in Windows Update: Hi,Just did a Win 11 upgrade from Win 10. The optional 2H2 or whatever it's called - the update that was releasted 2 days ago or so displayed as an optional upgrade. So i went for it and that's the result screen above. Hitting "Download and install all" in the upper right...
  5. Pin field not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin field not registering: When I wake my windows 10 and the PIN field appears, it doesn't all me to type in the field, so I can't go on. I have to wait until the PIN screen times out and goes to a splash screen. As soon as this has happened, I can click my mouse, which takes me back to the PIN screen...
  6. Pin field not registering

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin field not registering: When I wake my windows 10 and the PIN field appears, it doesn't all me to type in the field, so I can't go on. I have to wait until the PIN screen times out and goes to a splash screen. As soon as this has happened, I can click my mouse, which takes me back to the PIN screen...
  7. Pin field not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. No Field For PIN With WIN10 Sign-In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No Field For PIN With WIN10 Sign-In: This is a very recent event; 1. When I attempt to login to WIN10 on my personal laptop, my user account is evident on the screen, but the field to apply my PIN is no longer evident, 2. There isn't another account evident on the screen to switch to, but there are two other...
  9. Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field

Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field: Hope you can help. We returned our faulty Dell laptop to Currys due to a fan error message and battery charging issues. Those were all fixed no problem. But now if I try to log into Windows 10 it won't recognise my fingerprint, it says my PIN is inactive due to changes in...
  10. Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...

Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...: I have a weird issue. Computer is Windows 10, joined to a domain. Issue just started a few days ago. When pressing CRTL-ALT-DELETE to login the username and password field boxes are missing. I have tried the following: 1. chkdsk c: /r 2. Startup Repair 3....