Windows 10: Windows 10 pin log on problem

Discus and support Windows 10 pin log on problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows does not accept pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pin-log-on-problem/6431eb40-112c-485c-8006-9e17766e2ad7 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by S. Jackson(2), Mar 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 pin log on problem

Windows does not accept pin

:)

S. Jackson(2), Mar 16, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Windows 10 pin log on problem

Lost the ability to log into Windows 10 with PIN

Hi Przemyslaw,

Some system components may be missing or corrupted, causing the problem you are facing to occur. Before we can fully address this, please answer some things so we can understand this better:

• Did this start after updates were installed on the computer?
    • Does the same situation happen when you add a pin as your sign-in option in Windows Settings?

Since you have tried adding the option in Control Panel, let's see if there will be a difference when we do it in Windows Settings. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Add.

You can also try the suggestions posted by John Rubdy on this

page

Let us know if the steps above help you set up a PIN on your computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pin log on problem

1. Windows 10 pin log on problem - Similar Threads - pin log problem

2. Pin log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin log in: Do you people even read the questions?! People keep saying they can't log in to windows and you give them instructions on how to clear they're pin that they can only do while LOGGED IN TO WINDOWS! Why is there not a recovery tool for the windows pin at the log in screen? Why...
  3. Pin log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin log in: How do I disable the pin and also the password requirement to start up computer? I want both removed for a special needs child. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-log-in/05e00a03-5f8c-43ea-9939-92ad2f422074
  4. Pin log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin log in: How do I disable the pin and also the password requirement to start up computer? I want both removed for a special needs child. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-log-in/05e00a03-5f8c-43ea-9939-92ad2f422074
  5. Windows 10 PIN problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PIN problems: Hey guys I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this, if its not I apologize. I have ran windows 10 on my custom built pc since it came out. Ive enjoyed the OS for the most part but this has pretty well made me hate it. A couple months ago out of the blue after years of...
  6. Pin problems logging to a different PC

Pin problems logging to a different PC: Good morning I have issues logging on to a different PC since you get texted a code to your phone and I had my phone number changed to a different one Thanks...
  7. problems changing log in PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems changing log in PIN: How do I change the PIN I use to log-in to my computer? I know that I'm supposed to go to the sign-in options and change it under the "Windows Hello Pin" but it says that the option is unavailable and it asks me to log in to a school or work Microsoft account it doesn't...
  8. Windows 10 log in problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 log in problems: Hi looking for some help. When i log into my laptop it takes me to the desktop then says it couldn’t log into my account and it signs me in with a temporary profile. I have tried numerous fixes i have read online and each one has failed because they need more hard drive space...
  9. PIN number log in to windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN number log in to windows 10: My pin number log in stopped working and I could not reset it so I removed it in settings. I cannot now get a pin number log on as the option is greyed out. I now cannot get onto my laptop when away from my home wifi and password log on. Now can a reinstate PIN number log...
  10. Windows 10 Log on problems

Windows 10 Log on problems: Last week some strange things happened with our PC log on. Having put in one incorrect password, when we attempted it a second time it came up with a message telling us that we had put in the incorrect password several times (not true) and told us to enter a password of...