Windows 10: Windows 10 pin login disables use of Office apps

Discus and support Windows 10 pin login disables use of Office apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After being asked to set a pin code at login for weeks, I finally did it. (I did not find a way to get rid of the request at login). After all, this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nvansbk, Oct 11, 2018.

1. nvansbk Win User

Windows 10 pin login disables use of Office apps

After being asked to set a pin code at login for weeks, I finally did it. (I did not find a way to get rid of the request at login).

After all, this is a faster method to login, so I changed the default login method to use a pin.

However after logging in using the pin, I can not launch any Office application: a failure message is popping up.

I can only use the Office application when logging in using the password method.

:)

nvansbk, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/1/16960640/microsoft-office-2019-windows-10-support

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2018
  3. No Office 2007 apps in Windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

We can find the Office apps either by searching for it by name or we can find the apps in
    all programs.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start > All apps, and scroll to the Microsoft Office product group.
    • To open Office applications faster, pin them to your Start screen or the taskbar on your desktop. Right-click each application’s name and choose either
      Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar.
    For more information, I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.office.com/en-in/ar...indows-7-907ce545-6ae8-459b-8d9d-de6764a635d6

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 pin login disables use of Office apps

Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 pin login disables use of Office apps

1. Windows 10 pin login disables use of Office apps - Similar Threads - pin login disables

2. Unable to disable Password/Pin required to login on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Password/Pin required to login on Windows 10: In the past I have been able to login to my computer automatically without needing to enter my account password or the pin. However after re-installing windows 10 pro recently I am now unable to do this. I can see the instructions like in the following thread:...
  3. Disable PIN login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable PIN login: I want to remove PIN login, I just want to use my password. No, I can't just remove it from settings. The text under 'Windows Hello PIN' in settings says: "This option is currently unavailable–click to learn more" despite the fact that I just logged in using the pin. The...
  4. windows 10 login using PIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 login using PIN: So I have an issue. I have just recently changed my hardware and everything went well, however, now I am getting a sign in error. "Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to setup your pin." I click on the option "Setup my pin." One of two things happen....
  5. Disable password/pin on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable password/pin on login: Hello. Currently when I log in it asks me for either a password or a pin for my Microsoft account. Is there a way to disable the password when I log in? Do I need to switch from a Microsoft account login to a local account login? If I do switch will that change anything i.e.,...
  6. Can't login to Windows 10 using password and PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to Windows 10 using password and PIN: Split from this thread. I have. A Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10. The other day threre was a update. It installed it. Then backed out for some reason?? Now i can no longer log in by password not the 4 digit pin no dots. Help...
  7. How to disable Window 10 PIN login

How to disable Window 10 PIN login: I accidentally left my Surface Pro 5 at the airport and it was stolen earlier in the week. Is there any to disable the 4 digit PIN password? I am concerned that the person who stole it can simple try all combinations 0000-9999 and will eventually get into my computer. I...
  8. login pin keyboard disabled

login pin keyboard disabled: I am unable to login using my PIN. Nothing I type appears on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-keyboard-disabled/3945eace-c204-4293-bf71-40ccb35f75ad"
  9. Disabling the login PIN without a password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disabling the login PIN without a password: I've been using a pin to login to windows 10 after boot up, but now I've decided I would rather have it login automatically. I've seen many explanations on how to disable the pin, but they all require a password. I'm pretty sure I never entered a password for this computer....
  10. Office Apps - Install and Use in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Office Apps - Install and Use in Windows 10: How to: Office Apps - Install and Use in Windows 10 How to Install and use the free Microsoft Office Apps for Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Office today is almost fully device independent, allowing you to edit, collaborate and share your documents and files...