Windows 10: Windows 10 PIN not allowed

Discus and support Windows 10 PIN not allowed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I log into Windows 10 at home using my personal Live details. It accepts my mircrosoft password without issue. I used to be able to set up a PIN, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ian0, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Ian0 Win User

Windows 10 PIN not allowed

I log into Windows 10 at home using my personal Live details. It accepts my mircrosoft password without issue.

I used to be able to set up a PIN, but now it will not allow me to do so saying the company I use woont allow it. It shows my my email address for my Open University email account! I do not use my Open University account to log into Windows. I only use that for email and to use the Office Suite.

How can I log into Windows using my personal microsoft account, as I did before, without being linked to an Open University account?

Thanks

Ian

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PIN not allowed

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PIN not allowed

1. Windows 10 PIN not allowed - Similar Threads - PIN allowed

2. How do I set up a Pin number? Am not that tech savy so it must be a simple approach.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I set up a Pin number? Am not that tech savy so it must be a simple approach.: How do I set up a Pin number? Am not that tech savvy so it must be a simple approach. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-a-pin-number-am-not-that-tech-savy/1a25a644-40ea-4894-8b5f-529d22131900"
  3. Windows 10 Home just updated, now telling me my organisation requires me to change my PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Home just updated, now telling me my organisation requires me to change my PIN: I shut down my Windows 10 Home laptop earlier. When I rebooted, it told me my organisation requires me to change my PIN and will no longer allow me to use the old one. This is my personal laptop and I am the sole user. Why has it done this? HOw do I stop it from doing this?...
  4. how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on: how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-not-have-to-enter-pin-or-password-when/89037f07-cd48-492b-8de3-940f13668a55"
  5. File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.: Hi, I have a very peculiar situation where File Explorer launches itself when I open Edge from a pin on the task bar. If I go to the Start menu and open Edge, only edge opens. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning Edge to the taskbar, but the issue returns. Any ideas?? 127463
  6. Windows 10 Pin In Russian

Windows 10 Pin In Russian: Is there a way to set-up the Windows 10 sign in pin in Russian? Every single time I try to change the pin to Russian, it displays this: [ATTACH] Installing the PYCCKNN Russian keyboard doesn't seem to help. please help me....
  7. On screen PIN Pad on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    On screen PIN Pad on lock screen: I have always used a pin to log in to my PC. As of recently, the on-screen PIN pad has started popping up automatically on the lock screen when I wake my pc from sleep. Is there a way to disable the on-screen PIN pad on the lock screen?...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Remove PIN sign in option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro Remove PIN sign in option: I recently purchased 2 systems, set them up using PIN sign in because it basically forced me to do so. Now because of it I am not able to access printers in the network. Every other computer in the office sees them and can use them, only windows 10 Pro doesn't. How do I...
  9. Pinned excel/word start menu shortcuts not working

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Pinned excel/word start menu shortcuts not working: I have used the method described here https://www.thewindowsclub.com/pin-f...enu-windows-10 to add shortcuts to office docs to the start menu/tiles. The shortcuts appear immediately (no restart required) but they only open the program and not the actual document. Eg. Excel or...
  10. Windows 10 Require password to login, but allow PIN to unlock locked workstation

Windows 10 Require password to login, but allow PIN to unlock locked workstation: Hi Everyone, Is there a method to require a password on login, but then allow PIN to unlock a locked workstation? The problem is that when users always use their PIN, they forget their password. If they are subsequently required to login to another workstation, or their...