Windows 10: windows 10 pin/password not accepted

Discus and support windows 10 pin/password not accepted in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am using my old laptop because I cannot sign in to mu computer, I restarted , and the pin I had been using since I got it suddenly was 'you have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by michelleharris181, Aug 12, 2019.

1. windows 10 pin/password not accepted

I am using my old laptop because I cannot sign in to mu computer, I restarted , and the pin I had been using since I got it suddenly was 'you have entered an incorrect pin', I tried to reset but it will not accept my password for Microsoft either, I tried the reset password, cannot access this because it won't take any of my passwords, I am the administrator account., I have a user account, which I got into, but I can't reset my pin or anything because I don't have permission without admin password ie Microsoft password, what can I do?

:)

michelleharris181, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Aug 12, 2019
  4. windows 10 pin/password not accepted

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 pin/password not accepted

1. windows 10 pin/password not accepted - Similar Threads - pin password accepted

2. Windows 10 will not accept PIN or Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not accept PIN or Password: Windows 10 will not accept PIN or Password. As I key the PIN into the PIN area it stays blank, no characters appear. When I ask for a new Password it won't allow me to key in the email code to get the new Password. Any advice?...
  3. Windows 10 will not accept PIN or Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not accept PIN or Password: Windows 10 will not accept PIN or Password. As I key the PIN into the PIN area it stays blank, no characters appear. When I ask for a new Password it won't allow me to key in the email code to get the new Password. Any advice?...
  4. Windows 10 will not accept PIN or Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows 10 login no PIN option, not accepting password

Windows 10 login no PIN option, not accepting password: I normally log in to my PC with a PIN, however after starting it today the login screen is prompting for a password.I've tried resetting my account password and restarting in safe mode with network, but it fails to recognize the new password. The wifi connection appears to be...
  6. Windows 10 not accepting PIN or Password

Windows 10 not accepting PIN or Password: HiWindows 10 at sign in screen on PC does not recognise PIN or Password for any Family accounts. I have rebooted several times - No changeI have updated password at Microsoft.com - No changeI tried the Troubleshooter Menu to restart in Safe Mode but it reverted to Login...
  7. Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password

Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password: Trying to login to windows on my laptop. First says Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. I click set up PIN and the Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Or You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to...
  8. Microsoft only accepting pin and not password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft only accepting pin and not password: I recently got a new computer and this one is windows 10 and i discovered i can't use my password to login just my pin number. My pin is easy to guess so i want to disable the login for the pin so anyone using the computer will have to put in the password instead of the pin....
  9. Windows 10 Not Accepting Password/Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Not Accepting Password/Pin: I recently bought a new video card, I switched from AMD to Nvidia. After I uninstalled my old drivers, I rebooted, and now Windows 10 is no longer accepting my pin I'm 100% putting it in correctly. My computer is connected to my Microsoft account, so I tried my Microsoft...
  10. Windows 10 not accepting password

Windows 10 not accepting password: I recently replaced my hard drive and had all my recovered data transferred to that hard drive. Now when my computer asks me to login with my microsoft account it says password invalid. I made sure i’m connected to wifi and double checked my password was correct by logging in...