Windows 10: Windows 10 pin removal

Discus and support Windows 10 pin removal in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have a surface with microsoft account attached I can log on fine with my email but I cannot remember my PIN number when i try to reset or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HereinBrisbane, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 pin removal

Hi

I have a surface with microsoft account attached

I can log on fine with my email but I cannot remember my PIN number

when i try to reset or change my PIN number it only sends the authentication code to a phone number ie text or calls that number. The issue is I do not have that phone number any more.

when i choose another verification method it only has the text or call number options and not an email address

please advise how i can resolve this

:)

HereinBrisbane, Jul 18, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 18, 2019
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 18, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Windows 10 pin removal

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pin removal

1. Windows 10 pin removal - Similar Threads - pin removal

2. Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...: Its called "CX", Microsoft. I don't want to participate in your themepark ride. There is absolutely NO reason I should be forced to use a damned PIN when I've been using passwords for 20 years, which are MUCH MORE secure (I don't care what your articles attempt to say...
  3. How to remove specific pinned items from left side quick access list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove specific pinned items from left side quick access list?: Hey guys Can someone please tell me how I can remove specific pinned items from left side quick access menu? Also how to remove certain pinned items from the left side "This PC" list Thanks for any help. 135943
  4. Can't disable/remove PIN for logging into Windows 10 v1903

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't disable/remove PIN for logging into Windows 10 v1903: Hi, It's been quite sometime and I've tried many ways to disable the PIN but I can't. 1. I removed the logging in password, and now my PC log in screen shows two log in methods, [password and PIN] clicking on password automatically logs me into the windows while...
  5. I would like to remove password and pin

I would like to remove password and pin: I would like to remove password and pin code without resetting the computer, i would like to be able to be on desktop page without having to sign in as i font want to do a password or pin to sign in....
  6. How I remove the pinned app from the taskbar when I already remove the app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How I remove the pinned app from the taskbar when I already remove the app.: Hi! I already remove the app but I forgot to unpin the app before I remove it. So after remove, the pinned app icon turns to a white paper icon as the image below and cannot unpin it anyway. [ATTACH] My question is how I do remove this icon out from my taskbar? It's...
  7. deleting Microsoft Account from my PC, removing all login password, Pin, email...

deleting Microsoft Account from my PC, removing all login password, Pin, email...: I want to get rid of all links, tethering and other obstructions, login requirements, security restraints to my PC while maintaining administrator access and not having to reset. How do I do it? i.e. I want to press the power button and end up with an empty desktop...
  8. How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar?: How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-label-from-the-pinned-iconapp-on-the/10ea4444-64ac-4f4c-bc3e-b1ea92c28b99
  9. Windows Keeps Removing shortcuts and Taskbar pins

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Keeps Removing shortcuts and Taskbar pins: The windows upgrade removed taskbar pins and shortcuts and my favorites in IE. I added them back after the upgrade and some other upgrade did the same thing. I can't keep doing this ever week. What do I do to turn off these changes to my system? I also read on some...
  10. remove pin and password for windows 10 pro sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove pin and password for windows 10 pro sign in: I tried the method i found on the web to remove password / pin but it doesn't work, all it does it make it so i have to type in password and than set up pin again. 1. type netplwiz 2. unclick the "user must enter a username and password to use this computer" 3. click apply...