Windows 10: Windows 10 PIN request

Discus and support Windows 10 PIN request in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After the latest update, after I boot up and before I log on, Windows asks me to create a PIN. Is this request legitimate? Can I turn this off? This is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PWWilson, Jan 3, 2019.

1. PWWilson Win User

Windows 10 PIN request

After the latest update, after I boot up and before I log on, Windows asks me to create a PIN. Is this request legitimate? Can I turn this off? This is a PC without touchscreen or camera for facial recognition.

:)

PWWilson, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2019
  3. pin request

Hi sanjay28

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Your Nokia device requests PIN (Personal Identification Number) code to protect your SIM card and device against unauthorized use. Note that all PIN code is provided by your network operator. Nokia is not able
    to provide you PIN or PUK codes.

Please note the following:

• When your insert your SIM card and boot up your device for the first time, you need to enter the PIN code. For security reasons it is recommended to change it to your own code, instructions on how to change the PIN code in your
      device is provided in the user guide or Nokia web site. If the PIN code is entered incorrectly multiple times, your device may request a PUK code to futher validate the user's identity and to unlock and change the blocked PIN code.

• The PIN2 code is a PIN code which acts as a second layer of protection for certain features of your phone. If the PIN2 code is entered incorrectly multiple
      times, your phone may request a PUK2 code.
    If you have forgotten or simply do not know the codes, you must contact your Network Operator for assistance. However, if you have already contacted but the code does not work, you should consider getting a new SIM card from your Network Operator.

emilygreen---01, Jan 3, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

Windows 10 PIN request

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PIN request

1. Windows 10 PIN request - Similar Threads - PIN request

2. windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist: I am currently trying to enable nearby sharing on my pc, and in order to enable it I need to enter a verification pin for a user that does not exist on my PC. It did previously, but I removed the account as it was not needed and I do not remember the initial pin or any...
  3. windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist: I am currently trying to enable nearby sharing on my pc, and in order to enable it I need to enter a verification pin for a user that does not exist on my PC. It did previously, but I removed the account as it was not needed and I do not remember the initial pin or any...
  4. option to remove constant PIN requests every time I walk away is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    option to remove constant PIN requests every time I walk away is greyed out: Like many others I am trying to stop windows 11 from doing intrusive , unwanted things .Today its the constant need to enter a PIN number EVERY time I walk away for even a couple minutes .As usual the answer appears to be buried deep within hidden menus described by symbols...
  5. option to remove constant PIN requests every time I walk away is greyed out

option to remove constant PIN requests every time I walk away is greyed out: Like many others I am trying to stop windows 11 from doing intrusive , unwanted things .Today its the constant need to enter a PIN number EVERY time I walk away for even a couple minutes .As usual the answer appears to be buried deep within hidden menus described by symbols...
  6. Windows 11 pin request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pin request: I'm having issues signing on to my laptop due to a pin request. I have only used passwords. I'm not even given an option to change sign-on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pin-request/c79030fa-fcb6-4a8f-b1ac-2e5e51014ef3
  7. Windows 11 pin request

Windows 11 pin request: I'm having issues signing on to my laptop due to a pin request. I have only used passwords. I'm not even given an option to change sign-on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pin-request/c79030fa-fcb6-4a8f-b1ac-2e5e51014ef3
  8. password requested instead of desktop pin

password requested instead of desktop pin: I have a desktop pc and until 2 days ago was always asked to enter a 7 digit pin, rather than the microsoft password. This has been the case for the 5 years since I had it. Now I am being asked to log in with my microsoft password. I have had two microsoft updates recently....
  9. password requested instead of desktop pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password requested instead of desktop pin: I have a desktop pc and until 2 days ago was always asked to enter a 7 digit pin, rather than the microsoft password. This has been the case for the 5 years since I had it. Now I am being asked to log in with my microsoft password. I have had two microsoft updates recently....
  10. password requested instead of desktop pin

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off windows 10 pin request

2. how to stop constant requests to set up PIN for Windows 10