Windows 10: Windows 10 PIN reset not working

Discus and support Windows 10 PIN reset not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have clients connected in a hybrid azure ad environment. Some users are unable to use the 'I forgot my PIN' option in Settings > Accounts > Sign in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jstock92, Jun 23, 2020.

1. jstock92 Win User

Windows 10 PIN reset not working

I have clients connected in a hybrid azure ad environment. Some users are unable to use the 'I forgot my PIN' option in Settings > Accounts > Sign in Options > Windows Hello PIN

When you click on 'I forgot my PIN' it loads for 2 seconds, then does nothing.

I have the Microsoft PIN Reset Client & Production enterprise apps correctly installed and the device policy successfully deployed to the affected clients. This only happens on a couple of clients, the rest work perfectly fine.

Any suggestions?

:)

jstock92, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 23, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 PIN reset not working

Windows 10 pin reset

Since the existing PIN is not working, let us try to remove it and replace it with new one. Please follow the steps listed below:

• Go to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings, Accounts, and then
      Sign-in Options
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    Check the results and see if PIN sign in is working.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PIN reset not working

1. Windows 10 PIN reset not working - Similar Threads - PIN reset working

2. Windows PIN not working and no way to reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PIN not working and no way to reset it: I have Windows 11 and I used my computer yesterday with no problems but when I went to login today it gave the error "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." I tried doing this and it would tell me there was a error creating pin and...
  3. Windows PIN not working and no way to reset it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PIN not working and no way to reset it: I have Windows 11 and I used my computer yesterday with no problems but when I went to login today it gave the error "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." I tried doing this and it would tell me there was a error creating pin and...
  4. PIN Reset Application Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN Reset Application Not Working: When using the change PIN button an application screen pops-up but then disappears. The Windows PC also wants me to verify that it is me but when I enter the code from my email, no numbers are able to appear in the text-box...
  5. PIN Reset Application Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Reset Application Not Working: When using the change PIN button an application screen pops-up but then disappears. The Windows PC also wants me to verify that it is me but when I enter the code from my email, no numbers are able to appear in the text-box...
  6. PIN Reset Application Not Working

7. Windows 10 PIN reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 PIN reset: Hello everyoneI am having an issue resetting my PIN for logging into my Windows 10 Home Edition PC.I recently had to hit reset PIN because I had forgotten what I had set it to.Whenever I go to put in a new PIN, it always fails and it tells me it just didn't work, again and...
  8. Windows 10 PIN reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PIN reset: Hello everyoneI am having an issue resetting my PIN for logging into my Windows 10 Home Edition PC.I recently had to hit reset PIN because I had forgotten what I had set it to.Whenever I go to put in a new PIN, it always fails and it tells me it just didn't work, again and...
  9. Windows 10 PIN reset

10. Resetting the PIN on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting the PIN on Windows 10: So I signed into the Microsoft Store with my school account, and then when I restarted my computer, it made me reset my PIN to 6 digits. Now it won't let me change it back and I am VERY lost. Please help...