Windows 10: Windows 10 PIN setup questions.

Discus and support Windows 10 PIN setup questions. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Do u need to get a windows key to setup the PIN? I just got a new PC and forgot to buy a key. When setting up the PIN, is it called hello PIN? Cuz I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/makerustgreat, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 PIN setup questions.

1. Do u need to get a windows key to setup the PIN? I just got a new PC and forgot to buy a key.

2. When setting up the PIN, is it called hello PIN? Cuz I saw other people’s “sign-in options” page it just says PIN but I don’t see it in my page.

Thanks in advance! Windows 10 PIN setup questions. :D

submitted by /u/makerustgreat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/makerustgreat, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

Can't Setup PIN in windows 10

Hi, Curtis.

Setting up a PIN is one of the options to increase the security level for your device. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Yashwanth Kotakuri on this
    thread to know more on how to setup a new PIN.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PIN setup questions.

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

I performed clean boot as suggested and it did not make any difference.

The PIN setup windows opened like before with no boxes to enter PIN.

Please suggest.

RajatPal7626, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PIN setup questions.

1. Windows 10 PIN setup questions. - Similar Threads - PIN setup questions

2. Win11 setup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 setup question: I will be setting uo a number of Win11 computers with the same settings and accounts. Is there a way to automate it ?Ideally I would setup one computer, save those settings to a USB, and use the USB for setting up the other computers.Thanks......
  3. Win11 setup question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 setup question: I will be setting uo a number of Win11 computers with the same settings and accounts. Is there a way to automate it ?Ideally I would setup one computer, save those settings to a USB, and use the USB for setting up the other computers.Thanks......
  4. Acemagic new setup not completing windows pin setup

Acemagic new setup not completing windows pin setup: Brand new laptop and doing initial setup. It stalls at the create windows pin screen. When I get to that screen it just keeps circling. I have shut off and rebooted but it still isn’t creating a pin. How do I bypass the windows pin? There isn’t a ‘skip’ option....
  5. Hello Pin Setup

Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  6. Unable to Setup Login Pin for Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Setup Login Pin for Windows 10: Hello,I changed my memory stick and pc crashed a few times. So I went back to my old ram stick.Thereafter I had to do system restore because of the crashes. I updated windows again and all system component drivers etc..PC is up to date.The only problem I'm still having after...
  7. Unable to setup a PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to setup a PIN: I am trying to login to my laptop. I recently changed my pin and updated the fingerprint sensor. I locked my laptop and when I went to sign-in again, my fingertip sensor stopped working and I am now prompted to sign-in with my pin. To do so, I am prompted to login to my...
  8. Windows needs me to setup a pin but won't let me setup a pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows needs me to setup a pin but won't let me setup a pin: I hated that I had to change my pin every six weeks so typed this into powershell (admin) "wmic UserAccount set Password expired=False". I restarted my pc by shutting down and turning it back on again to see if anything broke and of course something did. Now it says I need to...
  9. Setup questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup questions: Can i use mklink during windows install ? Should i use juction ? How should i use it in a batch file ? John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-questions/a2587322-bb74-4f26-aa32-4f5a8c47e1bd
  10. PIN setup in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN setup in Windows 10: How do I disable the PIN setup screen? I don't want a PIN number assigned to my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/pin-setup-in-windows-10/42d51e00-71d4-4016-8497-9d95da34d438"