Windows 10: Windows 10 Pin will not verify

Discus and support Windows 10 Pin will not verify in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have had this computer about 16 months and have always used the same pin to signon. This afternoon, the system, an HP Envy, rejects my pin! I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jon R Moore, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pin will not verify

I have had this computer about 16 months and have always used the same pin to signon. This afternoon, the system, an HP Envy, rejects my pin! I tried to change it in System>Settings; however, it keeps telling ,e that "Something went wrong. Please try again later". I am not sure about the word Please. Fortunately, my system also has TruKey which is a facial recognition login. How can I restore the PIN?

:)

Jon R Moore, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10 Pin will not verify

PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pin will not verify

1. Windows 10 Pin will not verify - Similar Threads - Pin verify

2. Pin is not working and it shows my credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin is not working and it shows my credentials could not be verified: I downloaded a game from a pirated website but it doesn't work so I deleted it completely from the laptop and after 2 days my laptops pin is not working it shows my credentials could not be verified and when I try to generate a new pin .it brings me back to home page . It...
  3. Pin is not working and it shows my credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin is not working and it shows my credentials could not be verified: I downloaded a game from a pirated website but it doesn't work so I deleted it completely from the laptop and after 2 days my laptops pin is not working it shows my credentials could not be verified and when I try to generate a new pin .it brings me back to home page . It...
  4. PIN no longer available AND I do not know my pw/cannot verify my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN no longer available AND I do not know my pw/cannot verify my Microsoft account: Hello world!I'm using my husband's account because I don't currently have access to my own Microsoft account and apparently you can't post here unless you have an account eye rollA couple days ago I went to log on to my computer and it said:"Your PIN is no longer available...
  5. PIN no longer available AND I do not know my pw/cannot verify my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN no longer available AND I do not know my pw/cannot verify my Microsoft account: Hello world!I'm using my husband's account because I don't currently have access to my own Microsoft account and apparently you can't post here unless you have an account eye rollA couple days ago I went to log on to my computer and it said:"Your PIN is no longer available...
  6. PIN no longer available AND I do not know my pw/cannot verify my Microsoft account

7. Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.: I think it is a windows issue with my dell laptop. Would not boot up as it would not recognize any hard driveS So did a reset. Now when pc is turned on the pin screen shows up, which is what I have used for years. But will not accept my pin. It states "can not verify". If I...
  8. Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.

Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.: I think it is a windows issue with my dell laptop. Would not boot up as it would not recognize any hard driveS So did a reset. Now when pc is turned on the pin screen shows up, which is what I have used for years. But will not accept my pin. It states "can not verify". If I...
  9. We need to verify your pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We need to verify your pin: We need to verify your pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-need-to-verify-your-pin/e37c1df0-2cc7-4fef-bd93-76b358cd8978
  10. We need to verify your pin

We need to verify your pin: We need to verify your pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-need-to-verify-your-pin/e37c1df0-2cc7-4fef-bd93-76b358cd8978