Windows 10: Windows 10 playing a sound effect around every 30 seconds to a minute.

Discus and support Windows 10 playing a sound effect around every 30 seconds to a minute. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, i got on my pc today and heard a strange ringtone type noise and was wondering what it was. I thought it was a game i forgot to close. Nope.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Leronzegg, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Leronzegg Win User

Windows 10 playing a sound effect around every 30 seconds to a minute.

So, i got on my pc today and heard a strange ringtone type noise and was wondering what it was. I thought it was a game i forgot to close. Nope. Discord? Not that either. It was system sounds make the noise. Ofcourse I could just mute it system sounds all together but I do need system sounds sometimes. According to this video the noise is ring 3. I have absolutely no clue what could be making this noise at all. If anyone knows how to disable it please let me know. Thanks :

:)

Leronzegg, Jan 23, 2021
  2. ale2050 Win User

Annoying audio delay for 2 seconds after at least 30 seconds of no sound played

I bought a new fresh Lenovo Ideapad S340 which everything seems to be pretty fine at first until i connected my headphones. My computer's audio have a silent 2 second delay that is caused after leaving the pc to not play any sound or any video in the system
    for at least 30 seconds. I've tried most of the recurring solutions around the internet but none of them did work out of my frustration:

• Uninstalling the Realtek driver from Device Manager and restarting my computer.
    • Replacing the Realtek driver from Device Manager with a generic High Definition Audio driver. It seems to work but instead of the 2 second delay it played a bothering popping sound everytime it starts playing audio after at least 30 seconds of silence.
    • Disabling hardware acceleration from the Control Panel's audio settings.
    Such a problem is making me struggle a lot with no end and i've only paid a lot for this. I don't want such laptop that has this particular, annoying audio problem that seems to be utterly unresolvable.

I heard that it might be some idling system that is doing this but i'm not entirely sure.

EDIT: I don't use Intel but AMD Ryzen 5.

ale2050, Jan 23, 2021
  3. USB Headsets stop working after 10-30 minutes

My sound quits after about 10-30 minutes after playing Far Cry 2 and CS:GO for 20-30 minutes. There are no symptoms of any kind before the sound stops working. It works just fine when I exit to windows and relaunch the games. In CS:GO changing the speaker configuration from headphones to 2 speakers or any other configuration fixes the problem, though it recurs anywhere from 10-30 minutes later. In Far Cry 2 which doesn't have any options beyond adjusting volume, I have to relaunch the game and all is well for 20-30 minutes. I'm running a fresh installation of Windows 7 and have tried different USB headsets (Logitech H 390 and Arctic P531) both of which give me the same issue. Can anyone please help me solve this issue?

corehazard, Jan 23, 2021
  4. DRGfan Win User

Sound signal intermittently loses bass, then returns after 30 seconds

I am using a Lenovo T410 with conexant 20585 hd smartaudio. Use Windows 10 64-bit.
    I have Jabra SoleMate connected via a cable on the sound output 3,5 mm connector of the laptop.

Music sounds good, but bass disappears every 15 minutes or so for some 30 seconds (approximately).
    This effect occurs with every sound playing app I try (Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey, Chrome/Youtube...)
    It is not completely making the sound unusable, but it is clearly noticeable and disturbing as you take note each time it occurs.

Anyone any ideas please ? I have tried installing recent driver I could find and tried to tweal output setting but nothing seems to affect this problem. I searched the internet for similar behaviour but could not find anything similar fitting this effect description.

DRGfan, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 playing a sound effect around every 30 seconds to a minute. - Similar Threads - playing sound effect

2. Video stops every 30 minutes while it playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video stops every 30 minutes while it playing: my system is:Windows 11 Pro, 22621.1635 22H2Asus Crosshair VIII darkhero MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5800XNvidia RTX 3070ti & GT 1030RAM 32GBnon-OCTimeline1. YouTube video is freezing2. Tried HW Accerlation OFF -> Not Solved3. GPU Driver Update -> Not Solved4. Twitch stream video is...
  3. Video stops every 30 minutes while it playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video stops every 30 minutes while it playing: my system is:Windows 11 Pro, 22621.1635 22H2Asus Crosshair VIII darkhero MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5800XNvidia RTX 3070ti & GT 1030RAM 32GBnon-OCTimeline1. YouTube video is freezing2. Tried HW Accerlation OFF -> Not Solved3. GPU Driver Update -> Not Solved4. Twitch stream video is...
  4. BSOD every 30 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every 30 minutes or so: I can`t find the soloution to this problem.REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose reference count is being loweredArg2: ffff9588851d1050, Object whose reference count is being loweredArg3: 0000000000000010, ReservedArg4:...
  5. BSOD every 30 minutes or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every 30 minutes or so: I can`t find the soloution to this problem.REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose reference count is being loweredArg2: ffff9588851d1050, Object whose reference count is being loweredArg3: 0000000000000010, ReservedArg4:...
  6. Windows 10 Shutdown every 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown every 30 minutes: Computer shuts down every 30 minutes? [Original Title: Windows 10 computer.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shutdown-every-30-minutes/31960b85-95dc-49ff-9128-ef4a4d35f33e
  7. My Windows 10 laptop Studders for 30-40 seconds every 10-20 minutes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows 10 laptop Studders for 30-40 seconds every 10-20 minutes.: So i have been having this problem for a few days now. After a windows update that i did a few days ago this problem started to occur. A studder occurs after 20 or so mins after boot up. My brand new laptop has started to work like 15 year old computer that has not got...
  8. Asterisk Sound plays every 6 minutes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asterisk Sound plays every 6 minutes.: Hi. I hear an asterisk sound a double chime every 6 minutes while using my computer or when it is on but idle with programs open. I am using an HP laptop with Core i7 and Windows 10. I have disabled all notification sounds and I see no notifications when I hear the sound. I...
  9. Gears of War 4 freezes every 30 minutes of playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 4 freezes every 30 minutes of playing: My game freezes after playing 30 min - 1 hour. The game runs between 120-144 fps. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and windows as well. I do really want to play the game without having any issues. Pleas help me. I have Windows 10 PRO...
  10. Windows 10 crashing every 30 to 40 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing every 30 to 40 minutes: Hello All, My Windows 10 is frequently crashing a lot. Its been almost a week now. I have no idea how to analyze the root cause of the problem. The problem seems to start when I'm using office products such as Excel and Word and sometimes both at the same time. Can...