Windows 10: Windows 10 plays hide and seek with my sanity

Discus and support Windows 10 plays hide and seek with my sanity in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm new to win10, but still can't understand why Microsoft wants my sanity or lack of itI decided to make up some custom wallpaper centered around the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JetGardner, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Windows 10 plays hide and seek with my sanity

I'm new to win10, but still can't understand why Microsoft wants my sanity or lack of itI decided to make up some custom wallpaper centered around the placement of my desktop shortcuts.I saved them to a newly minted folder C;/Wallpaper.After number 10 versions of which I intended to make about 25 in sequence, I became cautious based the past few days and looked in my Wallpaper folder... it was empty.After going through my entire vocabulary of cuss words... again, I did a search.I still can't find them or this mysterious "Virtual Store"The two different address where search said they were cam

:)

JetGardner, Oct 22, 2021
  2. tomdsr Win User

Computer playing hide and seek on network- sometimes there

I never seem to have issues (knock on wood). Do you have same username and password on both computers? Mine match exactly and these are my settings if you want to match them.

Windows 10 plays hide and seek with my sanity [​IMG]

tomdsr, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Computer playing hide and seek on network- sometimes there

How do I resolve which is the "master browser"? That's not something I've come across but my experience and intuition tell me that maybe this is something I need to look at.
    The Netbios scanner sees the other machine, the one that shows up on teh network, in the new machine' But not the new machine, which I actually ran netbios from. i.e. not only is my new PC not visible on the network to my old one, it's not even visible to itself, apparently

- - - Updated - - -

One machine logs in with a local account.
    The other has two users, mine's admin, and I'm using a Microsoft account (This is the new one that is not visible).
    BUT. When I set password protected to "off" it doesn't stay off.
    I do wonder if 21H1 Windows has some damn fool Microsoft setting changed. The other PC btw has a slightly older version of Windows. (20 something.) But that's the one that is visible on the network. (I'm doing an update now, which I might regret).

terryBernstein, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 plays hide and seek with my sanity

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 plays hide and seek with my sanity

1. Windows 10 plays hide and seek with my sanity - Similar Threads - plays hide seek

2. Hide 'n Seek

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide 'n Seek: While updating some spreadsheets for the next year, I saved them to my C:\ drive in preparation to store them on a thumb drive for safe keeping.After working well into the night/morning, I needed to double check one and was horrified to discover none were listed. I went to...
  3. Hide 'n Seek

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide 'n Seek: While updating some spreadsheets for the next year, I saved them to my C:\ drive in preparation to store them on a thumb drive for safe keeping.After working well into the night/morning, I needed to double check one and was horrified to discover none were listed. I went to...
  4. Hide 'n Seek

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps/programs hide and seek

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps/programs hide and seek: Since Win10 refuses to let me play Win7s Chess Titans the brat I went on the Windows store to download their free chess software.It repeatedly says I already own it. I can't find it anywhere in downloads or programs folders, and a C: drive search of the word "Chess" only...
  6. Apps/programs hide and seek

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps/programs hide and seek: Since Win10 refuses to let me play Win7s Chess Titans the brat I went on the Windows store to download their free chess software.It repeatedly says I already own it. I can't find it anywhere in downloads or programs folders, and a C: drive search of the word "Chess" only...
  7. Apps/programs hide and seek

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 plays hide and seek with my sanity

Windows 10 plays hide and seek with my sanity: I'm new to win10, but still can't understand why Microsoft wants my sanity or lack of itI decided to make up some custom wallpaper centered around the placement of my desktop shortcuts.I saved them to a newly minted folder C;/Wallpaper.After number 10 versions of which I...
  9. Windows 10 plays hide and seek with my sanity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 plays hide and seek with my sanity: I'm new to win10, but still can't understand why Microsoft wants my sanity or lack of itI decided to make up some custom wallpaper centered around the placement of my desktop shortcuts.I saved them to a newly minted folder C;/Wallpaper.After number 10 versions of which I...
  10. Hide and Seek for files

Hide and Seek for files: As a professional with decades of experience, I have working patterns that work for me. For example. I like to keep files in documents, organized under file folders as needed, or if it's a one off, just in documents. Windows likes to hide them. It moves them to different...