Windows 10: Windows 10 Plays Only One Notification Sound

Discus and support Windows 10 Plays Only One Notification Sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My HP laptop with Windows 10 plays only one notification sound for everything. When I change the sound in System Sounds, it appears to save, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JMSayles, Mar 20, 2020.

1. JMSayles Win User

Windows 10 Plays Only One Notification Sound

My HP laptop with Windows 10 plays only one notification sound for everything. When I change the sound in System Sounds, it appears to save, but the sounds that actually play do not change. In particular, I want to change the email notification sound. It currently plays a notification sound, but when I change it in systems sounds, the notification sound that plays when a new email is received does not change. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

:)

JMSayles, Mar 20, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Over Dose Win User
    No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809.

My I have 3 machines (1 desktop + 2 x laptops) all which were running the same version of Windows 10 Pro 1803.

The desktop PC was the first to update from 1803 to 1809 (updated in the background while I was working), and the 2 laptops I had to force the updates to 1809. All seemed to be running well on the desktop, until I noticed that when I connect or disconnect removable drives, the notification pop-up shows, but there is not sound that plays. Other system notification sounds also do not play.

Initially I thought that this was how the latest update is supposed to be, until I noticed that the 2 laptops were playing the normal system notification sounds. When I go into the sound settings, the sounds play with the setting on "Windows Default", and I have already tried to set it to "No Sounds" and then back to default again, and the sounds remain silent when they should play.

I even tried unistalling and automatically reinstalling the audio drivers (my motherboard is a AsRock H97 Performance board) and I tried installing the last drivers listed on the website, and also let Windows 10 automatically install drivers, and still nothing.

All other audio from music, videos and other applications play just fine on the desktop machine, but just not the system sounds.

I know other people have posted about this on here, but I've looked into the most obvious troubleshooting, and have not had any luck.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Over Dose, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Plays Only One Notification Sound

Sound on windows 10

Hi,

To assist you better, I like to know below details,

• Are trying to turn off the notification sound?

• Do you get any notification when you get the sound?

• Did you set up reminder on the calendar?
    Meanwhile, if you are trying to turn off the notification sound I would suggest you to follow below steps and check if it helps,

• Click on your Start Button, then

• Click on Settings.

• Click on System.

• Click on Notifications and Actions. Under the heading,

• Show Notifications from these Apps,

• Click on your Apps in that list, then

• Turn Off "play a sound when a notification arrives."
    Please reply to us with the detailed description of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Plays Only One Notification Sound

1. Windows 10 Plays Only One Notification Sound - Similar Threads - Plays Notification Sound

2. Only One Ear Playing Sound On Wired Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only One Ear Playing Sound On Wired Headphones: My headphones only work on one ear whenever I plug it into my laptop and ive basically already tried everything. i tried going to the sound to balance out the volume and that didnt work. i also tried resetting my sound settings but still nothing has changed. ive also tried to...
  3. Only One Ear Playing Sound On Wired Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only One Ear Playing Sound On Wired Headphones: My headphones only work on one ear whenever I plug it into my laptop and ive basically already tried everything. i tried going to the sound to balance out the volume and that didnt work. i also tried resetting my sound settings but still nothing has changed. ive also tried to...
  4. Windows 10 Pro will not play custom notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro will not play custom notification sound: I have windows 10 Pro version 20 H2 on a brand new Dell optiplex. I cannot get it to play my custom sound when Outlook client program receives a new email. I know this has been discussed on this and other forums, but I cannot find my answer on any forums. I have read through...
  5. Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears: Title. When I am working with focus assist activated, I will get notification sounds and have no idea why they are occurring. It is very annoying and I either want the sounds to stop or I want to know what I am being notified about. Just hearing the noise is more distracting...
  6. Windows 10 Plays the Notification sound, but the notification does not come up.

Windows 10 Plays the Notification sound, but the notification does not come up.: This is VERY VERY ANNOYING! My Computer plays the sound, but WHERE IS THE NOTIFICATION POPUP? This is starting to annoy me. How can I fix this?...
  7. Notification Sound Doesn't Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Sound Doesn't Play: Over the past year I checked a half a dozen times to see if the Mail app notification sound triggers when I get no mail but I see it still doesn't work. I have set a sound for 'New Mail Notification.' Mail is set to 'Get notifications from these senders.' Still no...
  8. Headphones play sound only on one side

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones play sound only on one side: Hello everyone, I recently built for the first time my PC and got windows 10 on it. Everything works fine, except the sound. When I insert my Logitech G332 headset on the front pannel, sound only plays on the left side. I've already looked at the balance and the left and...
  9. Only System Sounds Playing (Windows 10)

Only System Sounds Playing (Windows 10): Within the past 3 days, sound has stopped going through my headphones, instead audio only plays through the speakers on my monitor. I have updated every single audio driver, and restarted countless times. I have had every device set a default, but nothing works. I do have...
  10. Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification: I have the 'Play a sound' checked in the mail app but have yet to here a sound when mail arrives. What sound does it play??? Can one set the sound (.wav) in the program event sounds?? James 103726