Windows 10: Windows 10 plays the asterisk sound every few minutes during usage without any popup.

Discus and support Windows 10 plays the asterisk sound every few minutes during usage without any popup. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every few minutes during any type of usage windows 10 plays a notification (asterisk) sound but no pop or notification is shown. The make things worse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bryskel, Jan 13, 2019.

1. bryskel Win User

Windows 10 plays the asterisk sound every few minutes during usage without any popup.

Every few minutes during any type of usage windows 10 plays a notification (asterisk) sound but no pop or notification is shown. The make things worse the GUI also freezes for ~100 ms which is very irritating if you play a game or just move the cursor. If I idly sit at the computer and wait for it, it will not happen. It's tied to some type of activity.

I've tried to disable as much as possible in terms of notifications but the problem persists.

The event log shows an entry in "PushNotifications-Platform/Operational" each time is happens but I have no idea how to trace the sender.

The event always has an EventId of 2415.

I'm running a couple of weeks old installation of Windows 10 Home (17763.253).

Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem?

:)

bryskel, Jan 13, 2019

2. Windows Asterisk sound plays randomly every few minutes. How do I solve it?

My Windows 10 Pro keeps playing the Windows Asterisk sound randomly every few minutes.

Upon checking the Event logs, seems like there is a correlation with the security auditing. In the task catergory, it seems like there is a "Logon" and "Special Logon" event before the Asterisk sound plays.

What is going on? How do I solve it? The sound is very annoying! Thanks!

Gim GuanTan, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Windows Asterisk Sound Plays When Typing on Desktop and Shutting Down PC

Hi Nick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that, you face issue with Windows asterisk sound plays, when typing on desktop and shutting down PC.

I'd certainly help you.

This issue could occur due to corrupted or incorrect settings on the sound panel.

Let’s follow these steps below and check, if it works:

1. On Taskbar right hand corner.

2. Right click on the sound icon, then click on the sound tab.

3. Under sound tab, go to sound scheme and select no sound option.

4. Click on Ok and check, if it works.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 plays the asterisk sound every few minutes during usage without any popup.

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 plays the asterisk sound every few minutes during usage without any popup.

1. Windows 10 plays the asterisk sound every few minutes during usage without any popup. - Similar Threads - plays asterisk sound

2. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  3. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  4. Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes: Hi,I just got the 1more dual driver ANC Pro headphones to be used for Microsoft Team calls and to listen to Spotify on my Microsoft Surface Pro 5.On Microsoft Teams - the headphones keeps getting disconnected every 10mins or less and will need to change device on Device...
  5. popup every few seconds

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    popup every few seconds: hi i keep getting a popup saying your licence is about to exspire soon & when i go to activation it wont let me troubleshoot it i am just at a loss as i dont know what they are asking for can anyone help also will i lose my internet connection without this licence ? thankyou...
  6. "Please wait..." popup appearing every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Please wait..." popup appearing every few minutes: Hello, The "Please wait..." popup shown below has started showing up every few minutes on my PC. It only lasts about one second before disappearing again, and appears in front of my windows. It is extremely annoying and I cannot determine what is causing it. Is this...
  7. I hear an annoying sound every a few minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hear an annoying sound every a few minutes: Hello, suddenly today I started getting an anoying sound without any popups. After a long time searching I couldn't find a solution... Here's the sound I hear. I uploaded it on youtube so you can hear it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNa5tFTtkIc Any ideas?...
  8. Asterisk Sound plays every 6 minutes.

Asterisk Sound plays every 6 minutes.: Hi. I hear an asterisk sound a double chime every 6 minutes while using my computer or when it is on but idle with programs open. I am using an HP laptop with Core i7 and Windows 10. I have disabled all notification sounds and I see no notifications when I hear the sound. I...
  9. Random USB disconnect sound every few minutes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random USB disconnect sound every few minutes...: Yea so it's occuring every 5 minutes and is getting annoying, (the mouse cursor will disappear briefly for 1 second before the sound kicks in) I checked event viewer and there are many red error messages. Most are related to defrag error of both my SSD and HDD, some...
  10. annoying notification sound every few minutes

annoying notification sound every few minutes: this sound is the same sound that Windows7 would play when you shut down. Couldn't find what's causing it, disabled live tiles, antivirus and other softwares (note it's almost a fresh install of Win10), I'm in Focus Assist mode and other notifications sound differently.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sounds asterisk

2. asterisk sound windows 10

3. windows asterick sound new keyboard

4. windows asterisk sound,
  5. asterisk sound in windows 10,
  6. asterisk sound windows,
  7. windows asterisk sound every 10 minutes