Windows 10: Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

Discus and support Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For a while now, ive been witnessing this issue. If i insert a cd, Windows can read it. If i insert a DVD It spins then stops then says "Please insert... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HunterKrovac, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

For a while now, ive been witnessing this issue. If i insert a cd, Windows can read it. If i insert a DVD It spins then stops then says "Please insert a cd" opening the drive in the process, tried uninstalling it, got nothing. Tried cleaning the disc nothing. The drive is a Dvd/Cdrom drive, the pc was reset a couple of days ago and it's still doing this. Please help!

:)

HunterKrovac, Mar 6, 2019

2. "Insert a disc" error

Thank you for updating us. For better assistance regarding the "Insert a disc" error that you are experiencing, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried inserting the CD/DVD to another computer?
    • Have you tried inserting a different CD/DVD to your computer?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 6, 2019
  3. "Insert a disc" error

My laptop's dvd drive has suddenly stopped recognising dvds or CDs. When I insert a disc into the drive and double-click the drive icon to open it, I get an error box saying "Insert a disc - please insert a disc into drive E:".

I've tried the following solutions:

Running troubleshooter (no results)

Reinstalling the driver

Cleaning the drive lens (!)

Also, I've run a malware scan as a precaution.

System information: Windows 10 version 1703; OS build 15063.540. The only other information I can give is that this wasn't happening Friday, but is today.

I don't know what to try next. Help?!

KevinDunn100, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert the disc.

My DVD-RW player is not reading when a disc is inserted. I'm consistently told to insert the disc.

GabrielDennis1, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

1. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted. - Similar Threads - Please insert disc

2. Please Insert Disc into removable disc H: keeps appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please Insert Disc into removable disc H: keeps appearing: This is getting very frustrating. I supposedly have a fully-updated Windows 10 installation, but a pop-up keeps appearing asking me to insert a disc! This happens after almost every reawakening from sleep. It will also pop up in the middle of using other programs - the...
  3. "Please insert a disc into drive E"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Please insert a disc into drive E": I have tried to get my laptop DVD/CD to read any disk to no avail. I tried several of the suggestions in a thread to 2015, no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive. The system says the drive is working properly. Put in a disk, the disk spins, then "Please...
  4. Flight simulator insert a disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight simulator insert a disc: Have had plenty of problems with msfs 20 and now i get a message asking me to insert a microsoft flight simulator game disc even though it is a digital version!!! please help me solve this problem! Thanks...
  5. insert disc problem

insert disc problem: Hi Microsoft community, after few windows 10 updates, my cd/dvd-drive stopped read compact disks. everytime I physically inserting cd/dvd - it says: 'please insert disc into DVD RW Drivee:' I tried advices like: insert disc additionally I unninstalled/installed drivers,...
  6. Insert game disc for FS2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insert game disc for FS2020: I installed FS2020 a few day after release from the store. All was working well until 28-9-20. Now I am asked to insert the disc which I do not possess. I have followed the suggestion in other threads by uninstalling the Digital Ownership and reinstalling. This did not work....
  7. Flight simulator please insert disc???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight simulator please insert disc???: I purchased MSFS202 from Microsoft Store and install was no problem. When I attempt to start Sim offline no wifi connection it asks me to insert disc. No problem starting if I’m connected to wifi...only when I’m not connected. I’ve re-downloaded/installed the ownership file...
  8. Flight simulator please insert disc???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight simulator please insert disc???: When I start up the game it tells me to press any button to start. I press a button and then it tells me to insert the disk and press continue. I don't have a disk because I purchased the premium Deluxe Edition online it's bought-and-paid-for it says the game is installed but...
  9. Please insert a blank disc?

Please insert a blank disc?: Hi, Can anyone please help me? Whenever I put a blank cd rw into the disc drive to burn a cd I get the error message, 'Please insert a blank disc'. The computer just rejects the cd rw. Does anyone have a solution for this? Many thanks....
  10. Please insert disc error message

Please insert disc error message: I keep getting an eror message when I insert windows 7 professional on windows 10 internal dvdrw player. I have the same problem on my laptop but on my brothers pc It works soundly so cant send it back. I know this is a windows ten forum but since its windows 10 i have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player insert a blank cd whenyou already have

2. Windows says please insert disc

3. saying insert blank cd when already inserted

4. what to do when your laptop says insert disk when its already inserted,
  5. windows media player says insert cd when cd is already inserted,
  6. windows 10 please insert disc,
  7. windows 10 insert a disk but one is already inserted