Windows 10: Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having a odd issue with two of my laptops with Windows 10 on them. On both of them the pointer will freeze for a split second and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JDun_2, Aug 16, 2018.

1. JDun_2 Win User

Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing

Hello,

I've been having a odd issue with two of my laptops with Windows 10 on them. On both of them the pointer will freeze for a split second and then jump to where it intended on being. This happens about every half a minute and I can't seem to fix the issue.

Things I've Done / Tried:

- Installing new device drivers to the touchpad

- Cleaning the computer out of any viruses

- Windows Updates

- Changed a few "Mouse" settings in the control panel

It almost acts as if theirs a process using up a lot of the CPU but it's only running at 10% utilization, and the only process that consistently uses the CPU is the "System" process. Also, the computer is fine if I boot it into safe mode.

Thanks!

:)

JDun_2, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Nick Dich Win User

pointer keeps on freezing hellllp and typing is slooooooowwww

Hi Alan,

We need to ask you few questions so we can help you with your concern:

• When you say that your pointer keeps on freezing, did you mean the mouse pointer or the cursor when you are typing?
    • When did this issue started to happen?
    • Are you using a certain program when this issue occurs?
    • Have you changed any settings on your computer prior to this?
    • Have you installed any programs that may caused this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Pointer Keeps Freezing

Synaptic Touchpad 1.3 on SMB. I have the Windows 10 drivers. I have tried reloading the drivers and changing pointer settings. But still the pointer freezes for a few seconds occasionally, or I can't find the pointer for a few seconds.

Berg_virginia, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing

Mouse Pointer keeps freezing

I use Windows 10 on a Hewlett Packard Desktop. Why does my (Logitech) Mouse Pointer keep freezing on the page? The only way I can get it back is to reboot my computer which is a pain. Thanks Anne

AnneMcManus, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing

1. Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing - Similar Threads - Pointer Keeps Freezing

2. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer Freezing: Twice today my mouse froze, a couple hours apart. I had to do a hard shutdown, restart, and then the mouse worked.why is that suddenly happening and can this be fixed?last week my motherboard and power supply went out, lucking Dell sent a tech over to fix it. Might that be a...
  3. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer Freezing: Twice today my mouse froze, a couple hours apart. I had to do a hard shutdown, restart, and then the mouse worked.why is that suddenly happening and can this be fixed?last week my motherboard and power supply went out, lucking Dell sent a tech over to fix it. Might that be a...
  4. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10

Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10: My pointer keeps freezing and works again after pressing any key from keyboard. But again after few seconds, it freezes. And again if i press any key from my keyboard it starts to worktemporarily.I've updated my mouse ,touchpad drivers but nothing's working.Ps: I currently...
  6. Freezing mouse pointer

Freezing mouse pointer: My Microsoft Precision Mouse pointer freezes from time to time when I have not used it for a shorter or longer time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. If I pull out the transceiver and plug it in again, it usually unfreezes the mouse, but if not, and I move...
  7. Mouse pointer freezes

Mouse pointer freezes: Not all the time, but enough to make it annoying, my mouse pointer freezes if I move it across the page quickly. Sometimes it is only for 10-15 seconds - other times it's a lot longer. Sometimes I have to take the dongle out and put it back in the USB slot before it works. Is...
  8. mouse pointer freezing

mouse pointer freezing: For the past few days, my mouse pointer has been randomly freezing, I have restarted, changed mice, etc to no avail. Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-freezing/eb39e85b-f35a-4403-9951-413271fb3574
  9. My mouse pointer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse pointer keeps freezing: So for about 8-9 months now, my mouse has kept stopping randomly on my screen, It's very annoying. I have tried everything I could find on the internet to fix the issue. I've changed the settings, uninstalled and reinstalled my mouse, I even reset my computer 3-4 times...
  10. Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Even though we have a touch screen based Windows 10 devices, the mouse remains an important part of usage, especially when you want to do some hardcore work. When using Touch, it’s a bit hard to drag – and when [...] This post Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 pointer keeps freezing

2. does the pointer freeze in the photos folder

3. pointer keeps freezing windows 10