Windows 10: Windows 10 Policy to display Last user name

Discus and support Windows 10 Policy to display Last user name in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have changed the security policies in the registry entries... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoeHPE, Sep 12, 2018.

1. JoeHPE Win User

Windows 10 Policy to display Last user name

Hello,

I have changed the security policies in the registry entries Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

donotdisplaylastusername

donotdisplaylockeduserid

so that my user id will be displayed when my PC boots or when I lock my PC. Everything works great and as expected. However, if my PC times out without me locking it it displays Unlock PC. Is there another registry entry to change this behavior like the entries above ?

:)

JoeHPE, Sep 12, 2018

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Sep 12, 2018
  3. skim33 Win User
    User Account Control displays administrator names

Hi Devlin,

Thank you for replying and for taking the time to help me with this. I made the suggested adjustments for the standard user and it does prompt me to enter credentials, but only for the password. The username portion of the prompt displays both of the admin
    accounts (names) I created on the machine. If possible I would like to have the prompt with blank boxes for the user name and the password.

skim33, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Policy to display Last user name

How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Policy to display Last user name

1. Windows 10 Policy to display Last user name - Similar Threads - Policy display Last

2. Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name: Office 365 organization with several users, we use some extended characters for user names, like call it to a designer optionIssue, as a user creates an account within windows, the user folder gets name after the display name, not after de user email, and that's seems a bug,...
  3. Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name: Office 365 organization with several users, we use some extended characters for user names, like call it to a designer optionIssue, as a user creates an account within windows, the user folder gets name after the display name, not after de user email, and that's seems a bug,...
  4. Windows 10 User Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 User Name: Hello,I have a problem and perhaps you all can help with that. When reinstalled Windows 10 from an USB drive I tried Windows 11 but I didn't like it so I went back to Windows 10,, my user name was changed, that is the folder name under C:\Users. My name is Danker Schaareman,...
  5. Windows 10 User Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User Name: Hello,I have a problem and perhaps you all can help with that. When reinstalled Windows 10 from an USB drive I tried Windows 11 but I didn't like it so I went back to Windows 10,, my user name was changed, that is the folder name under C:\Users. My name is Danker Schaareman,...
  6. People app won't sort by last name and display last name first.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People app won't sort by last name and display last name first.: Like the title says. I am running Windows 10 19041.572 (May 2020 Update) and the People app is updated to it's latest version (10.1909.18041.0). The app itself works flawlessly, but won't allow me to sort my contacts by last name first, and neither will it display the last...
  7. Display Name vs Profile user name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Display Name vs Profile user name?: I created a local user account during the Windows 10 installation process and that username which I created are a mix of letters and numbers which is also displayed on the Windows logon screen. Is there way to add my First and Last name as the display name to the Windows...
  8. Windows 10 User Name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 User Name: Greetings. I recently updated my windows 10 to recent updates. This caused alot of issues, Lost wireless Drivers and sound drivers. Tried to revert back to before updates, system failed. So reverted to resetting my Windows 10 to initial state. The problem now is, Its...
  9. Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in: How to: Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in How to Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in...
  10. Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in in Windows 10: How to: Display Last Sign-in Information during User Sign-in in Windows 10 [img] Information You can control whether or not the system displays information about previous sign-ins and sign-in failures to the user. For local accounts and domain user accounts (in domains...