Windows 10: Windows 10 Poor Hard Drive Performance

Discus and support Windows 10 Poor Hard Drive Performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since I installed windows 10, this has been an issue, I am running on a RAID array, running a raid 6 over 15 disks approx (using 3 sets)... Which none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by trinitytek, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Poor Hard Drive Performance

Since I installed windows 10, this has been an issue, I am running on a RAID array, running a raid 6 over 15 disks approx (using 3 sets)... Which none of that matters, this problem happens on any configuration I have tried.

My OS drive maxes out at 100% usage even when it only shows a few hundred kbps in use, but I am only able to achieve about 20mb read and 10mb write when transferring files. My other two arrays transfer between each other at about 600mbps, so I moved the OS to another drive and tested this one, and when the OS is not installed on the drive, it achieves the same 600mbps (give or take).

Why when it is assigned as the OS drive does it perform so horribly, is it some sort of OS specific thing? These are all enterprise 6TB drives 7200rpm, no bad sectors and perform great when not operating as the OS drive.

I have tried practically all the other tips in the other forums, disabling search, sysmain (previously superfetch), disabled page files on all drives, updated my OS to the latest (1809 build 17763.316). I cannot find any other drivers for mine since I am using a raid card, but others are using the same one and doing fine... and in fact, it was working good when I had windows 7, it has only been since I have been on windows 10 that this has been an issue.

There was also mention of a registry fix to set MSISupported to "0", but mine didn't have that key... but there was an article showing this needed to be added, I went ahead and added the proper key for the controller path and rebooted, this had zero affect.

Raid Controller: RocketRAID 2760
    Hard Drives: HGST HUH728060ALE600 6TB
    RocketRAID Drivers: v1.2.13.0 (rr276x.sys)
    IDE ATA Drivers: Microsoft 10.0.17763.168 (atapi.sys, ataport.sys, pciide.sys, pciidex.sys)

:)

trinitytek, Feb 14, 2019
  2. little cat, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 won't boot with another hard drive

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide details.

1) On which hard drive, you are trying to install Windows 10?

2) What is the size of the drive, where you are trying to install Windows 10?

I would suggest you to perform Check Disk on your hard drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Cskdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Poor Hard Drive Performance

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Poor Hard Drive Performance

1. Windows 10 Poor Hard Drive Performance - Similar Threads - Poor Hard Drive

2. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  3. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  4. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Poor performance

Poor performance: I have a new eurocom computer and have been having very bad performance issues. I takes like 10 minutes to even boot and the general system performance is bad once it has booted. Hard drive usage is almost always at 100% and when it isn't the computer works as it should but...
  6. Poor performance Windows 10

Poor performance Windows 10: Of late my computer Lenovo all-in-one with Windows 10 has started performing very slow. It takes a while for the system to respond to commands clicking on a program to start it, or going to a site .... I have just looked at the task manager and it shows 79 !!! instances of...
  7. 2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2PCs - Poor Windows 10 Performance: I have a Surface Pro 6 and a HP Desktop with Windows 10 and the performance of them both has deteriorated significantly in the past 4 weeks. I am getting frequent Explorer hanging, application crashes and very sluggish network performance when reading/writing to my NAS or...
  8. Poor performance in games in Windows 10

Poor performance in games in Windows 10: Hello. I have switched to Windows 10 after a complete installation including activation and latest updates (1809 version) but the problem is it is not providing the performance i deserve. I am only getting 60 to 80 fps in Csgo and major fps drops in other games including...
  9. Poor game performance on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor game performance on Windows 10: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 back when it launched in August 2015, gaming and everything was fine for me, games and apps. I was satisfied with the upgrade. However, sometime around the November or the Anniversary Update, I noticed that games that easily pull off 30 or...
  10. Poor Performance

Poor Performance: I upgraded Windows 7 Home Edition to Windows 10 years ago when it was first released and performance has been absolutely awful, I'd finally had enough a couple of days ago and decided to sacrifice my years of files and programmes to do a completely fresh reinstall of windows....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 poor hard disc performance