Windows 10: Windows 10 Poor Quality - Product Virtually unusable

Discus and support Windows 10 Poor Quality - Product Virtually unusable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been astonished at the number of problems that I have come across with Windows 10, right now I am running an sfc /scannow command in an effort... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by guitarguru, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Poor Quality - Product Virtually unusable

I have been astonished at the number of problems that I have come across with Windows 10, right now I am running an sfc /scannow command in an effort to recover the much trumpeted Microsoft Edge browser which suddenly disappeared from my Start menu and my taskbar.

Over the last month I have experienced the following issues

1. Unable to easily set up and configure VPN Connections - I use a number of these to support my customers (I am an IT professional with over 30 years of varied experience from hardware support to software development and support.) Windows 10 chooses to retain the old Windows 7 properties dialog boxes which used to work fine and then confuses matters by hanging VPN setup off the new Settings option. In order to get certain types of VPN working you have to use both interfaces, navigating back and forth between them. A truly rubbish user experience.

2. Edge browser disappeared

3. Edge browser stopped working

4. IE 11 browser stopped working

5. All browsers stopped working (chrome and firefox gave up eventually too)

6. No virus or malware detected (five different AV products)

7. Edge browser disappears

8. User profile suddenly stopped working

9. Windows updates causing problems and yet the updates continue to be shipped to users

10. Windows update failing requiring a troubleshoot and reset of the Windows update software

etc

etc

etc

etc

I could document them all but what's the point? No one at Microsoft reads them (do they?) and if they do the only suggestion that appears to pop up frequently is to reset the PC and if that doesn't work reload it and then have the fun of reloading all of your apps etc, etc, etc

Hours and hours of frustration, boredom, disbelief and despair, thank you Microsoft for making my life so rewarding.

The poor quality of this product is absolutely unbelievable. Microsoft need to sort out their quality issues, if there was somewhere else to go I would but there are too many of my clients hooked in to Microsoft products for that to ever happen. Roll on retirement when I can switch the laptop off and leave it in a cupboard.

I am not 'anti-microsoft' but I am totally against confusing non-functioning software that tries to repair itself and gets more and more in a tangle - this is largely my experience of Windows 10 since the 1803 update......until then I thought it was ok.

(this was typed on a different PC to the one that I still have problems with....the only solution was to buy a new PC!!)

:)

guitarguru, Sep 12, 2018

2. Poor Sound quality

Howdy - Windows Audio quality guy here.

Hmm... Dell's support site doesn't list an Inspiron 12 3452.
    http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Products/laptop/inspiron_laptop

The closest I see is an Inspiron 15 3542, with a Realtek ALC3223 HD Audio driver.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-3542-laptop/drivers/advanced

If I remember correctly, the Realtek audio drivers are also on Windows Update. Can you try these audio troubleshooting tips?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mediaq/archive/2015/07/30/windows_2d00_10_2d00_audio_2d00_troubleshooting_2d00_tips.aspx

If that still doesn't work, can you do Start | DxDiag | Save All Information and send me the resulting DxDiag.txt file?

Email to (mediaq at microsoft dot com)

For my own sanity, include a link back to this thread:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/poor-sound-quality/d26f07de-576e-492b-aeb7-4b713632135f

Maurits [MSFT], Sep 12, 2018
  3. Poor audio quality after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Eugene,

As you are facing issues with sound quality after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you referring to sound quality from the computer/ speakers/ headphones?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and drivers updates after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted audio drivers. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.
    If the Windows Audio service does not start and you get the error
    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start, then make sure that the following services are started and their
    Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound after upgrading to Windows 10 for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Poor Quality - Product Virtually unusable

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Poor Quality - Product Virtually unusable

1. Windows 10 Poor Quality - Product Virtually unusable - Similar Threads - Poor Quality Product

2. Mic quality poor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic quality poor: I got a new headset a couple of days ago, the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro. I was surprised that my friends on discord told me that I sounded like I was underwater. I tried messing with synapse, windows, and discord settings, I tried changing the frequency but it was already set...
  3. Poor Mic Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor Mic Audio Quality: I recently built my first PC and have had a lot of audio issues since installing Windows 10 on it. Most of them are now sorted out but one still remains. My microphone quality is horrible and unintelligible in Windows 10. I can confirm that this is an audio processing issue...
  4. Windows 10: Account Photo is poor quality.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10: Account Photo is poor quality.: [ATTACH] I understand that 500x500 is the max or preferred resolution...is there any regedit fix to push for higher display resolution of my photo? My ocd is kicking in. submitted by /u/Dora_TheDestroya [link] [comments]...
  5. Poor print quality labels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor print quality labels: Hello, I am getting poor print quality when I attempt to use my H-P Color Laserjet Pro M452DN printer. I am attempting to print from a pdf file that I have saved to my computer. The pdf file originated at Avery, where I made a template, which I saved to the computer. I have...
  6. Poor microphone quality

Poor microphone quality: My laptop automatically performed a system update on June 4, 2020. Ever since, my microphone quality, as reported by others, is very poor. This issue occurs for both the integrated microphone in my laptop as well as for the microphone in an external headset. I am using...
  7. Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality

Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality: I have had poor bluetooth audio quality ever since I did some updates through the HP Support Assistant. Some of those updates mentioned bluetooth drivers and I don't know if I messed something up by installing them. I've tried troubleshooting, but it comes back with...
  8. poor quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    poor quality: the other day I recorded videos and the quality was great. then I went to yesterday and suddenly the quality is terrible on my laptop but when I export the video it is good quality. I am having this issue both in the camera app and also the zoom app. when I called dell the...
  9. Poor sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor sound quality: I use Win 10's gaming option to just record videos only which works well however the sound is terrible crackling and distorted. I've the latest download for Conexant sound but there's still no improvement so any ideas how to solve this would be much appreciated. Thanks....
  10. Bluetooth quality poor

Bluetooth quality poor: Hiya...have windows 10 and my bluetooth quality is very broken. I see the driver is old, see attachment. I have tried updating driver through device manager but tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a way I can update this? TIA 72578