Windows 10: Windows 10 pop-up volume controls showing "chrome.exe" when playing audio from YouTube or...

Discus and support Windows 10 pop-up volume controls showing "chrome.exe" when playing audio from YouTube or... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop has suddenly started showing me a pop-up display for "chrome.exe" when playing audio from sources on Google Chrome - much like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArvindShastri, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 pop-up volume controls showing "chrome.exe" when playing audio from YouTube or...

My Windows 10 laptop has suddenly started showing me a pop-up display for "chrome.exe" when playing audio from sources on Google Chrome - much like Spotify's "volume banner". Recently, I tried to watch a YouTube video and there's a large, unnecessary pop-up for a "chrome.exe" source and I can't seem to find a way to remove it.

When the audio source tab is closed, such as YouTube, it disappears and returns to the normal volume slider bar.

Does anyone know whether this is a bug or not? An image is inserted below to show you what this looks like. Thanks in advance.

Windows 10 pop-up volume controls showing "chrome.exe" when playing audio from YouTube or... d2c020f3-c550-4fe6-af21-5ec9ba283191?upload=true.png

:)

ArvindShastri, Jun 4, 2019

2. Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Jun 4, 2019
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Jun 4, 2019
  4. lenny00 Win User

Windows 10 pop-up volume controls showing "chrome.exe" when playing audio from YouTube or...

Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

There is an information on how to create this shortcut posted here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=win...e..69i57j0.23785j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The problem I have is that unlike in Linux such a shortcut isn't working unless Volume Mixer icon on the taskbar is clicked upon.

So volume slider pops-up, then this shortcut works. As a result: I still need to use a mouse.

Can you, please suggest a way to create a keyboard shortcut to control Windows 10 audio volume (not an application audio volume), which won't involve using a mouse?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

lenny00, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pop-up volume controls showing "chrome.exe" when playing audio from YouTube or...

1. Windows 10 pop-up volume controls showing "chrome.exe" when playing audio from YouTube or... - Similar Threads - pop volume controls

2. Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls: So, when I press the volume key on my Lenovo ideapad flex, the volume slider that usually showed with a play and pause control menu, now shows up by itself. I have no idea how to bring it back to showing the tools. It does so only in opera though, which I use most regularly....
  3. Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls: So, when I press the volume key on my Lenovo ideapad flex, the volume slider that usually showed with a play and pause control menu, now shows up by itself. I have no idea how to bring it back to showing the tools. It does so only in opera though, which I use most regularly....
  4. Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome: I have been experiencing BSOD's lately when using Youtube on chrome. In line with the title, this BSOD occurs without any warning or any sort of performance drops, it just randomly and instantaneously happens. Also, I haven't tested if it is only limited to Youtube and...
  5. Media Volume Control Pop-up Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Volume Control Pop-up Missing: Hi, Every once in a while my media pop-up goes missing, and subsequently when I press play/pause/next track/previous track/etc, nothing happens and I need to open media players such as Spotify and press buttons in the respective windows to control the media playback....
  6. Windows 10 media volume control pop-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 media volume control pop-up: Hello, i have a question for the integrated in windows media volume control pop-up. Most of the time i use spotify to listen to music and have my browser opened up almost always. When i'm playing a game i want to press my play function button on the keyboard to start playing...
  7. Attenuate volume when playing from Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Attenuate volume when playing from Google Chrome: Hi, I'd like to have my PC automatically reduce volume from other apps when Google Chrome is playing a sound. It's pretty much like the Communications tab in Sound, but then with non-call apps. Is this possible in any way? Any way to maybe let Windows think Chrome is a...
  8. Is there a way to stop youtube videos from showing up in my volume control?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to stop youtube videos from showing up in my volume control?: After the recent update the youtube videos I watch have been showing up in the volume control is there a way to stop this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-stop-youtube-videos-from-showing/56cf3d54-5980-4c97-9c79-4fe74203a44e
  9. Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls: So, when I press the volume key on my Dell XPS 15, the volume slider that usually showed by itself, now shows up with a play-pause control window (see the picture). I must've pressed some wrong keys and since then it doesn't go away. It does so only in chrome though. So when...
  10. Chrome Volume Control

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Volume Control: So, does anyone know how to keep this from popping up everytime I press the volume control buttons on my keyboard? [img] 134474

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome.exe volume

2. chrome.exe volume popup

3. chrome.exe sound

4. windows 10 chrome.exe volume play next track pop up,
  5. how to stop chrome.exe audio pop up windows 10,
  6. chrome exe volume,
  7. chrome volume popup,
  8. chrome volume pop up,
  9. what is chrome.exe windows 10,
  10. volume popup,
  11. how come when i press the volume on pc chrome.exe pops up,