Windows 10: Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me in resolving my Windows 10 issue. On Nov 11th I allowed a Windows 10 update to post over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KenDefaz, Nov 14, 2019.

1. KenDefaz Win User

Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue

Hello,

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me in resolving my Windows 10 issue. On Nov 11th I allowed a Windows 10 update to post over night. On Nov 12th my machine, posted to Windows with no issues. After a few hours I noticed a performance slow down. When I rebooted the machine took over 5 minutes to post and load my Windows sign in screen. When I entered my password it took 15 minutes before the screen just went black.

I attempted to boot from a Windows 10 recover USB drive by selecting it in my bios', but the Windows logo only displayed once before the screen went black. I then created another Windows recovery drive on another machine, using a different USB drive, with the same results.

I then attempted to boot from my OS SSD, bypassing the UFEI boot partition, this time, after signing into my Windows login screen I let it run overnight. When I work this morning I was surprised and please that my Windows 10 desktop was loaded, but with a error dialog box displayed in the middle of it. To the best of my recollection, it stated, "The system detected an overrun of stacks of SIHOST.EXE, which may allow a malicious user to access this machine." I was going to then run a full Kaspersky scan on the machine, but when I clicked on "Ok" Windows desktop disappeared to a black screen and I was back to square one.

I was going to attempt to do a "soft reinstall" using the DVD containing my Windows 10 ISO image, but I cannot find it.

My first impression was I may have a security breach on the machine, but after hours of work I am now more inclined to believe system files were corrupted by the most recent Windows update process.

Can anyone please comment or provide any input that might help me resolve the issue, short of going out and buying a new Windows installation DVD?

Thank you..

:)

KenDefaz, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue

1. Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue - Similar Threads - Possible Corruption Issue

2. Possible Corrupted Windows??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Corrupted Windows??: So I've had a ton of issues with Windows for awhile and I've had no luck solving anything, since there's so many issues I'm thinking it might be 1 big issue. I don't know much about OS troubleshooting or anything I'll try to provide a list of issues. Any help would be...
  3. Possible Corrupted Windows??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Corrupted Windows??: So I've had a ton of issues with Windows for awhile and I've had no luck solving anything, since there's so many issues I'm thinking it might be 1 big issue. I don't know much about OS troubleshooting or anything I'll try to provide a list of issues. Any help would be...
  4. Possible Corrupted Windows??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trying to repair possibly corrupted Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to repair possibly corrupted Windows 10?: I have a series of symptoms that all seem to be related. I believe my Windows 10 installation HP tower is corrupted, or my registry has issues. I have run CHKDSK, SFC, and DISM. I have tried to re-install using the Media Tool, but it does not succeed I have made a Windows ISO...
  6. Windows 10 possible corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 possible corruption: My pc one day just randomly failed to read the HDDI realized it was with windows because it was stuck on auto repair I didn’t care about the computer I just wanted to get the files out. So I tried plugging in the HDD to a separate computer to extract the files but the user...
  7. Windows 10 possible corruption

Windows 10 possible corruption: My pc one day just randomly failed to read the HDDI realized it was with windows because it was stuck on auto repair I didn’t care about the computer I just wanted to get the files out. So I tried plugging in the HDD to a separate computer to extract the files but the user...
  8. Windows 10 possible corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Possible corrupt profile or security setting issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible corrupt profile or security setting issues?: Hey guys, so I've been in contact with ESO supportElder Scrolls Online and they told me to contact microsoft for further support.The issue I'm having is that ever since installing windows 11, I can't seem to launch ESO.Whenever I launch the game for the first time through the...
  10. Possible corrupt profile or security setting issues?

Possible corrupt profile or security setting issues?: Hey guys, so I've been in contact with ESO supportElder Scrolls Online and they told me to contact microsoft for further support.The issue I'm having is that ever since installing windows 11, I can't seem to launch ESO.Whenever I launch the game for the first time through the...