Windows 10: Windows 10 - Possible System File Corruption: "System Detected Overrun of Sihost.exe, which...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Possible System File Corruption: "System Detected Overrun of Sihost.exe, which... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me in resolving my Windows 10 issue. On Nov 11th I allowed a Windows 10 update to post over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KenDefaz, Nov 14, 2019.

1. KenDefaz Win User

Windows 10 - Possible System File Corruption: "System Detected Overrun of Sihost.exe, which...

Hello,

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me in resolving my Windows 10 issue. On Nov 11th I allowed a Windows 10 update to post over night. On Nov 12th my machine, posted to Windows with no issues. After a few hours I noticed a performance slow down. When I rebooted the machine took over 5 minutes to post and load my Windows sign in screen. When I entered my password it took 15 minutes before the screen just went black.

I attempted to boot from a Windows 10 recover USB drive by selecting it in my bios', but the Windows logo only displayed once before the screen went black. I then created another Windows recovery drive on another machine, using a different USB drive, with the same results.

I then attempted to boot from my OS SSD, bypassing the UFEI boot partition, this time, after signing into my Windows login screen I let it run overnight. When I work this morning I was surprised and please that my Windows 10 desktop was loaded, but with a error dialog box displayed in the middle of it. To the best of my recollection, it stated, "The system detected an overrun of stacks of SIHOST.EXE, which may allow a malicious user to access this machine." I was going to then run a full Kaspersky scan on the machine, but when I clicked on "Ok" Windows desktop disappeared to a black screen and I was back to square one.

I was going to attempt to do a "soft reinstall" using the DVD containing my Windows 10 ISO image, but I cannot find it.

My first impression was I may have a security breach on the machine, but after hours of work I am now more inclined to believe system files were corrupted by the most recent Windows update process.

Can anyone please comment or provide any input that might help me resolve the issue, short of going out and buying a new Windows installation DVD?

Thank you..

:)

KenDefaz, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Neil23 Win User

Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

On a Windows 10 desktop today there was this error message...

“The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application“

Any suggestion as to what the problem is and how to rectify the problem?

Neil23, Nov 14, 2019
  3. SIHOST buffer overrun error

I am encountering the following popup error message when I try to restart my system in Safe Mode:

Sihost.exe – System error – The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of the application.

This happens as I press the '4' option from the Restart Menu options screen.

There is a 'Close' button on the message popup screen which does not work - the message is simply regenerated.

After a few tries at closing the message the system does go into Safe Mode.

Apart from this, I have experienced no problems running in normal mode, but my Antivirus software (ESET NOD32) is unable to run properly. I am concerned that there may be a compromise somewhere in the system.

I have run SFC without any issues - Also DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. All report no problems.

Can you advise next steps?

Beevreeter, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Possible System File Corruption: "System Detected Overrun of Sihost.exe, which...

SIHOST buffer overrun error

Check this other link, I hope to solve your problem

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/sihost-...

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Pedro Bruguera, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Possible System File Corruption: "System Detected Overrun of Sihost.exe, which...

1. Windows 10 - Possible System File Corruption: "System Detected Overrun of Sihost.exe, which... - Similar Threads - Possible System File

2. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  3. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  4. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. BSOD - ERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun This overrun could...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - ERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun This overrun could...: Hello everyone,I got a series of BSODs in the last few days, I tried to investigate the potential reason but couldn't find anything.I got a MEMDMP which I'll link here to see if anyone might be able to redirect me towards the right solution to this issue.Thank you all for...
  6. System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun: Hi guys, having some trouble here. I cannot find a solution, I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. One of the games I play seems to have become corrupted and caused a crash. Now it won't launch at all. That is not the main problem. The PC refuses to uninstall...
  7. Logonui.exe - system detected overrun of stackbased overflow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logonui.exe - system detected overrun of stackbased overflow: After i restarted pc, i got this error message... pop out window was titled: Logonui.exe. And message was: system detected overrun of stackbased overflow. Than i got black screen and i had to do hard restart... I checked dism both check health and scan health and it didn't...
  8. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...: PROCESS_NAME: BlackDesert64. ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. I recently bluescreened and this was...
  9. Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...': On a Windows 10 desktop today there was this error message... “The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application“ Any suggestion as to what the problem is and...
  10. SIHOST buffer overrun error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SIHOST buffer overrun error: I am encountering the following popup error message when I try to restart my system in Safe Mode: Sihost.exe – System error – The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of...