Windows 10: Windows 10 possible virus?

Discus and support Windows 10 possible virus? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello about 30 minutes ago I downloaded some software for my wacom tablet but I think it was a virus because it randomly started downloading a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jimbobbeh, May 27, 2016.

1. Jimbobbeh Win User

Windows 10 possible virus?

Hello about 30 minutes ago I downloaded some software for my wacom tablet but I think it was a virus because it randomly started downloading a bunch of programs like teamviewer, supremo and weather stuff. i think it was part of something called the mobilepcstarterkit and now my computer is in a very weird state. it has a black screen with the cursor forever loading (spinning) its telling me to activate windows 10 so there is no HUD or GUI taskbar or anything

plz help i can access internet and files and use things normally but there is no taskbar or windows interface. i can also use cmd. it looks like this, this is a screenshot i took.

Windows 10 possible virus? [​IMG]

:)

Jimbobbeh, May 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, May 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, May 27, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

mrgeek, May 27, 2016
  5. Jimbobbeh Win User
    yes i am running malwarebytes right now..hopefully it will fix

another thing i forgot to mention is that when i alt tab around it shows something called form1 that i also found out was some kidn of virus? could that be the problem?

Jimbobbeh, May 27, 2016
  6. linw Win User
    Run Malwarebytes till it finds nothing then download and run ADWCleaner from Bleepingcomputer. It often finds stuff missed by MBAM.

7. Bastet Win User
    Run Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner & Eset online scanner to see if they find anything. With malwarebytes make sure you go into settings & choose to scan for rootkits.

Bastet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 possible virus? - Similar Threads - possible virus

2. dexed possible virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dexed possible virus: hello brothers and sisterSssss..... i am trying to install dexed which is an fl studio vst and i downloaded it from the github page and then i ran the installer it gave me. after that i chucked the files into virus total and one vendor flagged it. im really sketched out by...
  3. dexed possible virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dexed possible virus: hello brothers and sisterSssss..... i am trying to install dexed which is an fl studio vst and i downloaded it from the github page and then i ran the installer it gave me. after that i chucked the files into virus total and one vendor flagged it. im really sketched out by...
  4. Hello need help as fast as possible because with microsoft defender it says i have a virus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello need help as fast as possible because with microsoft defender it says i have a virus...: i recently installed a mod menu for gta online to have fun making modded cars and to do that you need to download scripts to your pc to have it like a google chrome extension way to add stuff to the mod menu but when i installed it windows defender detected a trojan named...
  5. Hello need help as fast as possible because with microsoft defender it says i have a virus...

Hello need help as fast as possible because with microsoft defender it says i have a virus...: i recently installed a mod menu for gta online to have fun making modded cars and to do that you need to download scripts to your pc to have it like a google chrome extension way to add stuff to the mod menu but when i installed it windows defender detected a trojan named...
  6. Is It Possible/Likely to Get a Virus From Simply Previewing an Email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is It Possible/Likely to Get a Virus From Simply Previewing an Email?: I got an email earlier from a clear fake/scam email called "Alert!" followed by some random name, saying that my device was infected with 5 viruses and that I needed to get rid of them immediately. I knew it wasn't legit, but I clicked it to see the full email address and...
  7. Is It Possible/Likely to Get a Virus From Simply Previewing an Email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is It Possible/Likely to Get a Virus From Simply Previewing an Email?: I got an email earlier from a clear fake/scam email called "Alert!" followed by some random name, saying that my device was infected with 5 viruses and that I needed to get rid of them immediately. I knew it wasn't legit, but I clicked it to see the full email address and...
  8. Is It Possible/Likely to Get a Virus From Simply Previewing an Email?

9. On Possibility of Strange Virus or Trojan Through a Computer's Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Possibility of Strange Virus or Trojan Through a Computer's Microphone: Hello,Is the following possible: Can a culprit send an email with an attachment that if downloaded can access the microphone of your computer and hear what's said inside your home? Is it also possible that such an attachment could be sent through a mass email -- such as to...
  10. On Possibility of Strange Virus or Trojan Through a Computer's Microphone

On Possibility of Strange Virus or Trojan Through a Computer's Microphone: Hello,Is the following possible: Can a culprit send an email with an attachment that if downloaded can access the microphone of your computer and hear what's said inside your home? Is it also possible that such an attachment could be sent through a mass email -- such as to...