Windows 10: Windows 10 possible virus?

Discus and support Windows 10 possible virus? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello about 30 minutes ago I downloaded some software for my wacom tablet but I think it was a virus because it randomly started downloading a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jimbobbeh, May 27, 2016.

1. Jimbobbeh Win User

Windows 10 possible virus?

Hello about 30 minutes ago I downloaded some software for my wacom tablet but I think it was a virus because it randomly started downloading a bunch of programs like teamviewer, supremo and weather stuff. i think it was part of something called the mobilepcstarterkit and now my computer is in a very weird state. it has a black screen with the cursor forever loading (spinning) its telling me to activate windows 10 so there is no HUD or GUI taskbar or anything

plz help i can access internet and files and use things normally but there is no taskbar or windows interface. i can also use cmd. it looks like this, this is a screenshot i took.

Windows 10 possible virus? [​IMG]

:)

Jimbobbeh, May 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, May 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, May 27, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

mrgeek, May 27, 2016
  5. Jimbobbeh Win User
    yes i am running malwarebytes right now..hopefully it will fix

another thing i forgot to mention is that when i alt tab around it shows something called form1 that i also found out was some kidn of virus? could that be the problem?

Jimbobbeh, May 27, 2016
  6. linw Win User
    Run Malwarebytes till it finds nothing then download and run ADWCleaner from Bleepingcomputer. It often finds stuff missed by MBAM.

7. Bastet Win User
    Run Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner & Eset online scanner to see if they find anything. With malwarebytes make sure you go into settings & choose to scan for rootkits.

Bastet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 possible virus? - Similar Threads - possible virus

2. This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus....: I got this error message: This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it. I fixed it before but forgot how I did it. Any ideas? I did uninstall the program and reinstalled it but same issue. I did scan for bad sector....
  3. Internet gateway issues. Possible virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet gateway issues. Possible virus?: So we recently got a new router and modem and things were working well for about a month. A few days ago though, I've been having a bunch of internet issues and I haven't been doing anything particularly out of the ordinary, in fact I haven't really been on my computer much...
  4. Processes possible Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Processes possible Virus: Hello, I have a process running on my computer running Win. 7 64 bit I never seen before and it is called Ended.exe *32 and I can find nothng on google about it? all it keeps trying to tell me is how to end a process! Anyone know anything about this? and is it a virus?...
  5. Is it possible to get a virus in the bootable windows USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to get a virus in the bootable windows USB?: I am trying to reinstall Windows, my question is if I have a virus on my PC and I install Windows from the windows media creation tool can the virus theoretically get into the bootable usb too? submitted by /u/PureWall [link] [comments]...
  6. PC possibly infected by recycler (?) virus

PC possibly infected by recycler (?) virus: Hi, this afternoon as soon as I plugged in my laptop (which runs knon windows 10 fully updated) my usb drive (which I used to transfer some data from a pc which ran on windows xp) my antivirus (365 security) went full alarm revealing several virus among which I noticed a...
  7. possible virus ?

possible virus ?: I have Comodo Firewall on a Dell Latitude laptop and after a scan it has a list of 30 Unrecognised files. I have been checking where the files reside on my computer using various sites on the internet to find where the files should be and so far all have been where they...
  8. Possible Trojan Virus

Possible Trojan Virus: I run Windows 10 Home on my Lap Top. In Windows Settings/Windows Security/Virus & Threat Protection/Protection History under "All recent items" it shows “Remediation incomplete” and status as "severe" in respect of a Trojan virus. Originally when I received the virus alert,...
  9. A Possible Virus Prevents Me From Resetting My PC

A Possible Virus Prevents Me From Resetting My PC: Whenever I try to reset my PC and I click the button it just loads then does nothing. I might of gotten a virus that prevents me from resetting it because I've taken it to multiple places and they all have been unable to fix it. Is there anyway I can fix it without buying a...
  10. Possible Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Virus?: I woke up this morning to an issue that I’ve not had before. Malwarebytes self downloaded an upgrade I clicked on it and this is what I got: One or more copies of data on this device maybe out of sync. No writes maybe performed until a data integrity scan is completed....