Windows 10: Windows 10 possibly installed the wrong version of Windows after full reset?

Discus and support Windows 10 possibly installed the wrong version of Windows after full reset? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, so, I had been using windows 10 since 2015, using that free upgrade from windows 7 and since then I hadn't reset'd my pc. Yesterday I decided it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PatrickLeszczynski, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 possibly installed the wrong version of Windows after full reset?

Hi, so, I had been using windows 10 since 2015, using that free upgrade from windows 7 and since then I hadn't reset'd my pc. Yesterday I decided it was finally time to fully reset my pc back to factory settings deleting every file in the process. Once done I tried re-activating windows using my Microsoft account but told me I had no keys to re-activate the license. I had then noticed that I actually have Windows 10 Enterprise installed but I only have a Windows 10 pro license on my account. Was there a upgrade that happened for users who had pro installed? Why did Windows 10 install Enterprise and not windows 10 Pro which is what I have on my account. If there was an free upgrade for pro users why was my account info not updated?

:)

PatrickLeszczynski, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 possibly installed the wrong version of Windows after full reset?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 possibly installed the wrong version of Windows after full reset?

1. Windows 10 possibly installed the wrong version of Windows after full reset? - Similar Threads - possibly installed wrong

2. Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows: My girlfriend had some issues with her computer so we opted for a reinstall of windows using the recovery reset option, the issues she had dissapeared but now it turns out the reinstall changed her windows version from Home to Enterprise which we are now unable to activate....
  3. Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows: My girlfriend had some issues with her computer so we opted for a reinstall of windows using the recovery reset option, the issues she had dissapeared but now it turns out the reinstall changed her windows version from Home to Enterprise which we are now unable to activate....
  4. Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Notepad is in the wrong language after installed Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notepad is in the wrong language after installed Windows 10 version 2004: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FluffyQuack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbkpa6/notepad_is_in_the_wrong_language_after_installed/
  6. Windows 10 wrong version after clean install

Windows 10 wrong version after clean install: Hello, my Alienware came with Windows 10 Home x64 installed, then I did upgrade to Pro I have the purchase confirmation email. I got a new m.2 NVMe SSD HDD, no more and did a clean install but the usb tool didn't gave me any option to install Windows 10 Pro. So, when the...
  7. Installed the wrong version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed the wrong version of Windows 10: I've recently built myself a new PC and upon installing what should have been Windows 10 Home, have installed the Education version of Windows instead. I was wondering if the was any way in which I could uninstall my current version of windows, and then reinstall the correct...
  8. Wrong Windows 10 Edition installed even after Factory Reset

Wrong Windows 10 Edition installed even after Factory Reset: This is a new laptop running Windows 10 HOME. This happened after I had to configure my laptop for school usage. After configuration, the edition changed to Windows 10 EDUCATION. There was an error and I had to restart from scratch after certain files were not there. I...
  9. Windows 10 will not load after full reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not load after full reset: I have inherited a Lenovo H330 pc complete with HDMI monitor. It was apparently bought c. 2013 and at that point came with windows 7 home premium pre-installed: the processor shows as an i5 2320 3.0ghz and it now has 8gb ram fitted (4 originally) and a 500gb hd. At some...
  10. Wrong windows version installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong windows version installed: A friend was recently helping me with PC issues but in the end we had to reinstall windows. Unfortunately he messed up and installed a trial version of the wrong edition of windows using the wrong installation media. This only came to light after I got messages about the...