Windows 10: Windows 10, post update issue with Chrome browser

Discus and support Windows 10, post update issue with Chrome browser in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Is anyone else having this issue? I use Google Chrome and following every Windows update I find that Chrome has been hijacked by Yahoo. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnHancock7, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10, post update issue with Chrome browser

Hi,

Is anyone else having this issue? I use Google Chrome and following every Windows update I find that Chrome has been hijacked by Yahoo. I have to re-install Chrome to get over the problem but that isn't really satisfactory. Does this happen to any other browsers or just Chrome?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

John

:)

JohnHancock7, Oct 12, 2020

2. Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10, post update issue with Chrome browser

Bing Hijacked my Chrome Browser

Hi Aiden,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issue with Browser homepage, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which browser pops-up after the Windows startup (Microsoft Edge/ Internet Explorer)?
    • Which is the default web browser on your computer?

I suggest you to make Google Chrome as a default web browser also, try to edit the home page in Google Chrome and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, post update issue with Chrome browser

1. Windows 10, post update issue with Chrome browser - Similar Threads - post update issue

2. Chrome browser won’t update on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome browser won’t update on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Updating your apps, especially your browsers are very important. They not only add features to the mix but also make the browser more stable and bug-free. However, a lot of Chrome users are deprived of this privilege. According to them, the Chrome browser won’t update...
  3. Chrome browser is not opening in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome browser is not opening in windows 10: I am not able to open chrome browser in windows 10 it just open do some process for few minutes and again close https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser-is-not-opening-in-windows-10/3c636919-7fe9-4c3e-99ce-646388e88c38
  4. Windows 10 update killed my chrome browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update killed my chrome browser: I've recently updated my windows 10 operation system and after I restarted my laptop I couldn't open my chrome browser. Every time I start It pops up, but than closes....
  5. Chrome browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome browser on Windows 10: How do I download and launch the Chrome browser on my new Microsoft Surface Go computer? The computer only offers Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser-on-windows-10/2b2e88cd-e031-41b2-85fc-e2235f39ca93
  6. Windows 10 touch issue, fully updated as of post

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 touch issue, fully updated as of post: Hello, i have a what seems to be an unusual problem. I'm running stock/default everything normal win10 on a touch tablet. its a 2-1 with no additional "config utilities" etc. When i touch any of the standard UI (example, touching the background in desktop mode, or closing a...
  7. Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Browser: When i click on the icon, it does not open! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser/143497a3-4579-42e0-bbaa-ac0d65d977cf
  8. chrome browser update

in Browsers and Email
    chrome browser update: Once is a while when I am on chrome browser a full page window pops up and wants me to update. I am sure this is spam or scam of some type and I do not click on it. My question is since I run ccleaner, malwarebytes, avg, and mrt all of which find nothing why am I getting...
  9. Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser: I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: [img] I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what causes this annoyance?...
  10. Chrome Browser Bookmarks in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Browser Bookmarks in Windows 10: Following upgrade to W10 the font size of "Other Bookmarks" has reduced in size. Normal browser sizes are fine, just the Bookmark too small. Any way to increase those without increasing everything else? Thanks. 16716