Windows 10: windows 10 power and sleep not responding

Discus and support windows 10 power and sleep not responding in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; windows 10 will not allow selection of fast start up option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Frank Deane, Jun 14, 2019.

1. windows 10 power and sleep not responding

windows 10 will not allow selection of fast start up option

:)

Frank Deane, Jun 14, 2019

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Jun 14, 2019
  3. missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 14, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

windows 10 power and sleep not responding

Getting out of sleep

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the following questions:

• Does your device automatically returns to sleep after a short period of time?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to the issue?
    We suggest that you check if the Allow wake timers setting is enabled. To check if it is enabled, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then type power options.
    • Click Power Options from the results.
    • On the Power Options windows, click Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep category.
    • Expand Allow wake timers.
    • Change the desired setting.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 power and sleep not responding

1. windows 10 power and sleep not responding - Similar Threads - power sleep responding

2. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  3. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  4. Power & Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power & Sleep: I have 10,000 files currently being uploaded to Onedrive. I have set Power off to never but the laptop still keeps going into sleep mode. I have tried the 3 options of power management to see if that has anything to do with it but it still goes to sleep. Can anyone advise...
  5. Power & Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power & Sleep: I have 10,000 files currently being uploaded to Onedrive. I have set Power off to never but the laptop still keeps going into sleep mode. I have tried the 3 options of power management to see if that has anything to do with it but it still goes to sleep. Can anyone advise...
  6. Power and sleep

Power and sleep: After recent update my laptop certainly start to shutdown instead of sleeping/hibernate. All the setup is made to sleep! When I close the lid or press the on/off button shortly it suddenly shutdown. It is quite frustrating when I am working on a document and I close the lid...
  7. Power & Sleep

Power & Sleep: Why does windows 10 keep changing the screen back to 15 minutes sleep when I set it to NEVER? Is there any way to make this permanent? This has only happened since recent updates....
  8. Power / sleep

Power / sleep: My HP desktop won't go to sleep. Sleep /power settings ok. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe running i background. What can I do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-sleep/5f8a64aa-7fb7-4e2a-88e4-fc83ef24fe69
  9. Windows 10 Power and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Power and sleep settings: I'd like my laptop to act in such a way that I cannot seem to create and was wondering if anyone had a workaround? I would like my laptop to power off after a set amount of time of lid close or inactivity, at the moment only sleep is available which drains the battery...
  10. Power & Sleep

Power & Sleep: Even after changing the settings in the "Power & Sleep" section, my PC still goes into sleep mode after just 1 minute of idling. Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-sleep/179551ca-05d1-4cae-a34d-b874344b0b17

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored