Windows 10: Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored

Discus and support Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have my screen and power settings set to Never for both battery and power to keep from timing out. However, Windows 10 completely ignores me and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ronald Wanat, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored

I have my screen and power settings set to Never for both battery and power to keep from timing out.

However, Windows 10 completely ignores me and powers down / goes to sleep regardless.

How can this be corrected so that the settings are actually taken?

Please advise?

:)

Ronald Wanat, Mar 19, 2019

2. Screensaver Ignores Power and Sleep Settings

I have had two PCs that are totally ignoring the Screen settings in Power and Sleep. The Screen setting is set to Never, but the screensaver comes on after a minute or so nonetheless.

In one of those PCs, the Sleep setting is being followed. Don't know about the other.

The PCs are custom branded

• Intel DQ35JOE motherboard on the latest BIOS rev
    • Intel Q8200 CPU
    • 4 x 2GB DDR-800 various brands
    • 1 TB HD
    • WiFi card
    • Windows 10 Pro
    System has been tested for 24 hours with Prime95 and no errors are reported.

Ran the Power Troubleshooter and all it did was reset the Screen and Sleep settings to the defaults.

Setting are verified in the Control Panel.

Any ideas?

GreenMenComputers, Mar 19, 2019
  3. CarlLira Win User
    Windows 10 ignores sleep settings

I am struggling with windows 10 ignoring my sleep settings. After just a few minutes of inactivity (something like 5 min) the computer monitor turns off and the hard drive goes to sleep. I previously followed some forum suggestion to change power mode
    and change it back and reset to defaults which seemed to work for a while, but no longer works for me. I have tried various settings but Windows10 seems to ignore the changes. I am not using a screen saver.

CarlLira, Mar 19, 2019
  4. gmopro Win User

Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored

Power Settings Ignored by Lenovo Yoga 400 laptop

• Did you make any changes to your computer? I dont know.. what kind of changes are you talking about. I only added software.. like Norton Security and a few free MSFT apps.
    • Which Build are you currently in? I dont know..probably the latest one. How do i determine "the build"?? I always update windows and pretty sure this is up to date here.
    • Which troubleshooting steps did you try? Tried everything that was suggested,..power troubleshooter, update graphics card, set power settings to default, and other things.. nothing worked. Has been a problem for many months.
      How do i do this clean boot? I will need instructions for these things..step by step. i am tired of this machine ignoring the power settings. Need this fixed.

gmopro, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored

1. Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored - Similar Threads - Power Sleep Settings

2. Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored: I am having trouble with my Lenovo Yoga 7i 16" running Windows 11 falling asleep extremely quickly. I primarily use my laptop for schoolwork where I am constantly shifting focus from the computer to books or paper, and it's reallllllllly annoying that every time I look down I...
  3. Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored: I am having trouble with my Lenovo Yoga 7i 16" running Windows 11 falling asleep extremely quickly. I primarily use my laptop for schoolwork where I am constantly shifting focus from the computer to books or paper, and it's reallllllllly annoying that every time I look down I...
  4. Windows 11 sleep settings ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sleep settings ignored: No matter what power settings I select and/or change my Windows 11 monitor screen "sleeps" after about 10 minutes. I've experimented with many settings and they are all ignored. It is annoying to have to enter my password to restart the monitor so often. Can somebody please...
  5. Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting): Hello, I need some help here. I did a clean install of Windows 10 20H2, I downloaded ISO 20H2 19042.631 from TechBench and installed with no problems, I set up all of my programs, drivers (including monitor driver), disabled some services, etc as I would with any other...
  6. Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 monitor does not go to sleep (ignores power setting): Hello, I need some help here. I did a clean install of Windows 10 20H2, I downloaded ISO 20H2 19042.631 from TechBench and installed with no problems, I set up all of my programs, drivers (including monitor driver), disabled some services, etc as I would with any other...
  7. power settings ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power settings ignored: Windows 10 is ignoring power settings and locks screen after 1 minute, troubleshooting power settings did not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-settings-ignored/3933bc6a-c203-4728-bffa-3b8b57dbc455
  8. Sleep and power settings ignored

Sleep and power settings ignored: Hi, I am having problems with power settings. I followed following instructions from the forum: 1. Do nothing when closing lid when plugged in 2. Turn off Uncheck fast startup 3. Turn off Hybrid sleep for both on battery and plugged in 4.Checked screensaver and put some...
  9. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored: this problem of win 10 ignoring sleep setting is BS , its over a yr old and still happening ! it seems to me that the support team at Microsoft is at sleep !...
  10. GPO settings being ignored

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPO settings being ignored: Hello all, So I have configured in my GPO settings to push down the CD/DVD write as disabled for laptops. In essence meaning that users that fall under the laptop groups can use the optical drive. Now as of recent August updates, users are now randomly not able to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

2. windows 10 sleep settings ignored

3. power and sleep settings windows 10 hp

4. change power and sleep settings in windows 10,
  5. windows 10 ignores sleep settings,
  6. windows ignores sleep settings,
  7. windows 10 ignores power settings,
  8. computer goes to sleep regardless of the power settings windows 10,
  9. sleep settings keep reverting to default windows 10,
  10. windows 10 poweer and sleep,
  11. Windows 10 problem power and sleep set to Never,