Windows 10: Windows 10: Power button doesn't turn the computer on anymore

Discus and support Windows 10: Power button doesn't turn the computer on anymore in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since Friday, after having some problems with a USB hub that was damaged, it seems I'm now able to shut down my PC with my power button as is usual,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EliDirkx, Feb 14, 2021.

1. EliDirkx Win User

Windows 10: Power button doesn't turn the computer on anymore

Since Friday, after having some problems with a USB hub that was damaged, it seems I'm now able to shut down my PC with my power button as is usual, but it only turns on after I disable the PSU for a second or two and then enable it again.

How do I fix this?

Even after my PC went into sleep mode this afternoon I still had to use the PSU method to get it back online again.

Is it possible that a driver problem could have caused this?

Thanks for your time.

:)

EliDirkx, Feb 14, 2021

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Windows 10: Power button doesn't turn the computer on anymore [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Feb 14, 2021
  3. pigulici Win User
    Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Use the power button to turn off the computer at Welcome screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to turn off computer at the Welcome screen using the power button.

Ideally, if no user has logged in to the computer, the computer will shut down by pressing the power button. However, I would suggest you to check the settings for power button. Refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Power Options.
    2. Click on Additional power settings.
    3. Now, click on Choose what power button does from the left pane.
    4. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    5. Select Shut down from the drop down for
      When I press the power button.

If you are using Windows 10 Pro, you may also want to check the Group Policy Settings, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Power Management\Button Settings.
    4. On the right pane, double click on Select the Power button action (plugged in), click on
      Enabled and select Shutdown from the drop down for
      Power Button Action.
    5. Repeat step 4 for Select the Power button action (on battery).
    6. Restart the computer.

If a user has logged in to the computer and then logs off from the computer, the computer will shut down by pressing the power button. However, if a user is logged in to the computer and locks the computer using the
    Windows key + L combination, the power button will not shutdown the computer. You will have to use the power button on the lock screen to shut down the computer.

If you do not see the shutdown button, please refer the article Shutdown:
    Allow system to be shut down without having to log on

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to provide a feedback in the
    Feedback Hub. The Feedback hub lets you tell Microsoft
    about any problems you run in to while using Windows 10 and send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10: Power button doesn't turn the computer on anymore - Similar Threads - Power button doesn't

2. Power button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button doesn't work: The power button doesn't work. It's like my power button is offline but i really want to try SignalRGB to see that using a Inuasion Fan works. I didn't know how does a 3 year old pc could show no life. That's only i could tell you about....
  3. Power button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button doesn't work: The power button doesn't work. It's like my power button is offline but i really want to try SignalRGB to see that using a Inuasion Fan works. I didn't know how does a 3 year old pc could show no life. That's only i could tell you about....
  4. My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button: this problem started a week before, my laptop doesn't turn on even after pressing the power button, I tried removing the battery and powering it directly through the charger but it didn't work, I guessed it must be some software issue so I contacted Dell service center, they...
  5. My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button

My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button: this problem started a week before, my laptop doesn't turn on even after pressing the power button, I tried removing the battery and powering it directly through the charger but it didn't work, I guessed it must be some software issue so I contacted Dell service center, they...
  6. My desktop office computer doesn't turn on anymore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My desktop office computer doesn't turn on anymore: Last night, my office computer had randomly turned off and won't power on anymore. I tried testing different outlets and checking the charger and it still won't turn on or show the blinking light. It has been like this for over 15 hours now and it's a tad bit annoying. Is...
  7. My desktop office computer doesn't turn on anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop office computer doesn't turn on anymore: Last night, my office computer had randomly turned off and won't power on anymore. I tried testing different outlets and checking the charger and it still won't turn on or show the blinking light. It has been like this for over 15 hours now and it's a tad bit annoying. Is...
  8. My desktop office computer doesn't turn on anymore

9. Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?: In change what the power buttons do, I set the power button to sleep computer. But when I press it, the monitor just turns off, without locking or sleeping. submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  10. Power down button does not completely turn computer power off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power down button does not completely turn computer power off: I recently upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I power down the system from the menu, my computer does not completely turn off. The procedure I use is described below: Click Windows_Start_button > Power > Shutdown The system closes applications and appears to...