Windows 10: Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if i put my laptop sleep mode it...

Discus and support Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if i put my laptop sleep mode it... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if I put my laptop sleep mode it doesn't get wake... i Ever since I have reinstalled windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thebigbigboss, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if i put my laptop sleep mode it...

Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if I put my laptop sleep mode it doesn't get wake... i
    Ever since I have reinstalled windows 10 I am having this problem that my power button remains on after I shutdown my laptop. I have unchecked fast startup option in the power settings to no avail. Now if I just open windows and close it down, the power button will be off immediately after the windows shuts down. But if I use for longer then the power button would stay on even after 10 hours. It isn't like some program is on since my hard disk is not in work. Only the power button is on.

Is this a new 'annoying' feature of windows 10 besides the powerful search 'cortana' which makes 100% disk usage?

After Creator's update windows is unbearable. Take this also as a feedback that I am thinking of switching to linux. Yes the one OS called 'cancer' by Bill Gates.

:)

thebigbigboss, Feb 7, 2020
  2. red_fork Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode during shutdown after closing the lid

Hello,

I have a problem with windows 10 which is going to sleep mode instead of shuting down.

I changed power settings to shutdown after closing the lid and to go to sleep mode when I press power button.

Now, when I press power button system starts to shutdown. Then I close the lid and system goes to sleep mode during shutdown process...

When I open the lid again the laptop wakes up and continues to shut down.

Is it normal behaviour? In my opinion system shouldn't go to sleep when is shutting down.

red_fork, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 goes sleep mode and eventually it becomes shutdown.

I call this issue "Windows 10 goes sleep mode and eventually it becomes shutdown."

I was upgraded from windows 7 to 10. Power button is assigned to perform "sleep" instead of shutdown. It's working fine in Windows 7.

However PC is acting weird after upgrade to Windows 10.

It still goes to "sleep" when pressing power button, wake up from sleep mode as usual, but it only works within a certain time after going to sleep.

If I put PC in sleep mode over night, then I press power button, it looks like it's booting up from shutdown.

I have looked everywhere in the setting, try to find if there anything defines the behavior but in vain.

Is there anyone encountering similar issue?

Redgallows, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if i put my laptop sleep mode it...

Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if i put my laptop sleep mode it...

1. Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if i put my laptop sleep mode it... - Similar Threads - power button still

2. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  3. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  4. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking: Hi I'm at windows 11, when I either shutdown or restart my laptop the screen goes shut but the power button is still blinking and if I press any button the screen shows the typical thing you see after turning it on....
  5. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking: Hi I'm at windows 11, when I either shutdown or restart my laptop the screen goes shut but the power button is still blinking and if I press any button the screen shows the typical thing you see after turning it on....
  6. Windows 10 rebooting when put in sleep or shutdown mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 rebooting when put in sleep or shutdown mode: I'm not here to ask the question but to give a bit of advice. Before you go making a bunch of changes in Windows make sure that in you PC's bios you have Wake on LAN DISABLED. I could have saved myself a lot of time and effort had I just remembered to check this one setting....
  7. laptop is glitchy after sleep mode & shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop is glitchy after sleep mode & shutdown: So here's the problem. After I power up my laptop after it exits sleep mode or even after normal shutdown, the laptop moves very slow and glitchy even cursor moves are glitchy, the taskbar options completely disappear and and only thing that remains is Airplane Mode....
  8. Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode

Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode: In control panel, everything is set to sleep. The power button, sleep button or when I close the laptop, it is set to "sleep". Everything works fine but the power button. Fn + F4 buttons is set as the "sleep button" and it works every time I do it, also closing the laptop...
  9. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep: Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep... My laptop has forgotten how to sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preventing-laptop-from-going-to-shutdown-after/8b921561-ada1-4c25-9764-508dfc615bab
  10. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep: when i make my laptop sleep and open it after some time it is already shut down, it never opens from where i left it what must i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preventing-laptop-from-going-to-shutdown-after/d1107476-8cba-4411-a25a-ce29088e1cf4