Windows 10: Windows 10 Power Icon Missing In System Tray Often After System Boot?

Discus and support Windows 10 Power Icon Missing In System Tray Often After System Boot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I am having an issue with my Windows 10 Power Icon in my System Tray. FYI, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a Lenovo Think Pad T510 laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by montecarlo1987, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Power Icon Missing In System Tray Often After System Boot?

Hello!

I am having an issue with my Windows 10 Power Icon in my System Tray. FYI, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a Lenovo Think Pad T510 laptop PC. Everything is to factory spec. except I have recently increased the memory to 8GB or 2x4GB memory modules from 4GB. I have researched this issue and found a few solutions from others who have had similar issues from various online websites. However, no one addresses this issue after it often recures following a system boot/start. After some testing, I have it down to this:

1. There are random times the power icon will show up in the system tray and there are times it will not after system boot/start. However, I would say more often not showing that showing the power icon.
    2. The only solution I found that works is temporary meaning if I reboot or restart the PC, in many cases the power icon will not show in the system tray. I will have to redo the only solution to show the power icon.
    3. A TEMPORARY SOLUTION FIX: If I go to the "Device Manager" and disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" and then immediately enable it, the power icon will immediately show in the system tray. This has been 100% successful during a session while my PC is running. Again, if I reboot or restart, more often than not, the power icon will not show up in the system tray.
    4. BEFORE the temporary fix: I have found the "Power" icon under "Settings" -> "Personalization" -> "Taskbar" -> "Notification area" -> "Turn system icons on or off" -> "Power" (toggle switch) -> the only listed icon that is ON listed that is grayed-out.
    5. BEFORE the temporary fix: I have found the "Power" icon under "Settings" -> "Personalization" -> "Taskbar" -> "Notification area" -> "Select which icons appear in the taskbar" -> "Power" (toggle switch) -> a listed icon that is ON.
    6. AFTER the temporary fix: I have found the "Power" icon under "Settings" -> "Personalization" -> "Taskbar" -> "Notification area" -> "Turn system icons on or off" -> "Power" (toggle switch) -> a listed icon that is ON. NOTE: A CHANGE WHERE THE "POWER" ICON IS NO LONGER GRAYED-OUT AND IS ACTIVELY SHOWN.
    7. AFTER the temporary fix: I have found the "Power" icon under "Settings" -> "Personalization" -> "Taskbar" -> "Notification area" -> "Select which icons appear in the taskbar" -> "Power" (toggle switch) -> a listed icon that is ON. NOTE: NO CHANGE -- SAME AS BEFORE TEMPORARY FIX - ACTIVELY SHOWN.

OBJECTIVE: What I want is NOT having to go to the "Device Manager" and disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" and then immediately enable it EVERY TIME I want to see the Power icon showing in the Windows 10 system tray often following a system boot/start. When I start or boot my PC, I want the Power icon showing in the system tray on its own loading every time.

I have supplied some photos to this OP for your assistance with the issue.

Please provide some reasons why and how the Power icon is not showing in the system tray after PC boot/start and solutions on how I can have the Power icon showing in the system tray on its own loading every time.

Thank you very much!

:)

montecarlo1987, Mar 23, 2020

2. System Notification Tray Missing

No dice. It's my entire system tray that's missing, not just the icons in it.

SagaHaraldsdottir, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    System Notification Tray Missing

Hello,

One possible reason why the system tray icons are missing is that the system icons settings are currently off. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you change the settings of your computer. Here's a simple guide on how to turn on your system icons:

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Hope this information was helpful to you.

Paolo Mag, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Power Icon Missing In System Tray Often After System Boot?

How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Power Icon Missing In System Tray Often After System Boot?

1. Windows 10 Power Icon Missing In System Tray Often After System Boot? - Similar Threads - Power Icon Missing

2. System tray missing wifi icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray missing wifi icon: Apparently, my wifi icon still show up when I connected to my home network but somehow it magically disappear whenever I go out and try to connect to public wifi. Do I have to reinstall or I can fix this manually...
  3. System tray missing wifi icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tray missing wifi icon: Apparently, my wifi icon still show up when I connected to my home network but somehow it magically disappear whenever I go out and try to connect to public wifi. Do I have to reinstall or I can fix this manually...
  4. battery icon missing from system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery icon missing from system tray: I jjusst noticed that my battery icon is missing from the system tray in windows 10. this has never happend before. How do i get it back? this windows 10. I have never had any problems with icons in the system tray If i cick on the "hide" arrow, it shows but i'd like to...
  5. system tray missing

system tray missing: System Tray is missing on taskbar. Looking at Taskbar/properties - all is set correctly. only this visible is clock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-missing/859a2afa-d26f-467c-877b-9857874489f4
  6. System tray got error cause system icon missing

System tray got error cause system icon missing: Dear all folk, I have a problem which caused once already from my last time reset my Window. the System tray suddenly occured a "gap" between the system icons and the language icon which caused some system icon is hidden. The system icon wasn't disappeared as when I pull...
  7. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  8. Battery on system tray, icon missing

Battery on system tray, icon missing: Battery icon missing on system tray randomly shows up then disappears again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-on-system-tray-icon-missing/20a9815b-0d1d-4cb5-b224-cc900a2c93ba
  9. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  10. Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10: How do I restore my Bluetooth Icon? Recently had an update that "could not be completed" and ever since then, my Bluetooth icon seemed to have disappeared. I went into Devices & Printers and the settings for Bluetooth are not displayed. What do I need to do the get...