Windows 10: Windows 10 power issues and freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 power issues and freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Apology ahead of time if this problem is in the wrong category, I did not know if it should go into power & sleep or system failures as I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OrionD, Oct 2, 2019.

1. OrionD Win User

Windows 10 power issues and freezing

Apology ahead of time if this problem is in the wrong category, I did not know if it should go into power & sleep or system failures as I am experiencing both, please direct me on that if you could.

Hello, I have a problem that has been driving me crazy for the past two weeks or so and I can not seem to find any answers online. My Windows 10 pc is randomly freezing at startup sometimes and having other power issues that I will outline below.

Hardware

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @2.67 GHz 2.67 GHz
    • Installed RAM: 12.0 GB
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 720Ti

Issues

• Randomly freezes sometimes up to a minute after windows 10 desktop loads, if it gets past that initial time frame it will work for the entire run time until next boot
    • Sleep mode does not function, the computer will act as if in sleep mode shutting off displays but will power down and restart when I try to wake with a mouse or keyboard
    • Shutting down sometimes causes the computer to restart instead of just shutting down

Troubleshooting I have performed already (they didn't help so please don't suggest them)

• Run Windows troubleshooting tool in all categories
    • Run Windows defender scan
    • Run Windows check for updates
    • Unplugging all USB ports and restarting PC
    • Restarted PC
    • Run a disk check on all hard drives
    • Optimized all hard drives
    • Performed a memory check
    • Disabled all startup programs
    • Changed power settings to different plans and set hard drive to never turn off and PCI-E power-saving settings to off
    • Restored Windows 10 from the settings app
    • Restored Windows 10 from recovery disk drive
    • Performed a driver stress test
    • Run in safe mode(It did not freeze but still had the power problems I mentioned above)

All of my software and hardware tests have turned up good so I am at a loss for this problem. If you have any suggestions or guesses for solving this problem please help me out.

:)

OrionD, Oct 2, 2019
  2. monksalve Win User

Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63

Managed to solve this.

Seems like I had a couple issues. The power supply was on the fritz and C-States needed to be turned off in the bios.

I went through all the steps listed on this thread by @mileskb
    Windows 10 freezes randomly

I did change some of the power management settings in windows, but I had tried that before without results. It might have been a combination of C-States and power management.

monksalve, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 power issues and freezing - Similar Threads - power issues freezing

2. Power Issue Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Issue Windows 10: Hello ,since September 2022 and without having installed any new applications or drivers I find my system crashing and rebooting and at times going into the system recovery environment. It turns out unless MSCONFIG is set to selective and load system devices and load startup...
  3. Power Issue Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Issue Windows 10: Hello ,since September 2022 and without having installed any new applications or drivers I find my system crashing and rebooting and at times going into the system recovery environment. It turns out unless MSCONFIG is set to selective and load system devices and load startup...
  4. Power Issue Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 power issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 power issue: Windows 10 on Acer Aspire R13 bet blue screens and Windows issue when on battery but runs fine when plugged in. Battery appears charges properly and appears to be fine. Any suggestion appreciated....
  6. Windows 10 power issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 power issue: Windows 10 on Acer Aspire R13 bet blue screens and Windows issue when on battery but runs fine when plugged in. Battery appears charges properly and appears to be fine. Any suggestion appreciated....
  7. Windows 10 power issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Window 10 Freezing Issues

Window 10 Freezing Issues: A couple months ago I started having issues where Windows would randomly just freeze up. This started around the same time that my GPU was starting to have problems and had to send in for repair with the MFG. I then bought a new GPU and upgraded from 16GB ram to 32GB ram and...
  9. Windows 10 freeze issue

Windows 10 freeze issue: I have a lenovo y50-70 notebook. I am using Windows 10. Last night while ı am playing a game called cs-go the screen froze. Nothing responded. I shut down by pressing the shutdown button. After restart ı entered my credentials desktop opened but after a couple of minutes it...
  10. Windows 10 Freezing Issue

Windows 10 Freezing Issue: Hewo! Recently my computer has been freezing alot, it always freezes at random times and after a random amount of seconds it un-freezes. Sometimes when the computer freezes for over 10 seconds the internet disconnects and i need to re-plug it, and if over 60 seconds it can...