Windows 10: Windows 10 power problems

Discus and support Windows 10 power problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear all, I have an ASUS UX303ln with a clean install of Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode. It seems that: when I turn off the computer it turns off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KrisKenesei, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Windows 10 power problems

Dear all,

I have an ASUS UX303ln with a clean install of Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode. It seems that:
    • when I turn off the computer it turns off the screen and fans, but stays on, consuming an unusual amount of energy (in about 30% of the cases it actually turns off properly)
    • When I hibernate the computer, same thing happens
    • When I put it to sleep, in about 60-75% of the cases it won't wake up, instead it will just enter this high power mode with screen off, mentioned in the first bullet point
    These issues persist, even after turning off hybrid sleep, fast startup, hibernation, changing over to CSM boot, trying to downgrade/update drivers for Intel Bluetooth (which sometimes was stopped by windows due to not being Windows 10 compatible), the Management Interface, and Intel and Nvidia drivers.

Try as I might, I can't get rid of this problem. I'd be glad if somebody could suggest anything that might prove to solve this.

Thank you in advance.

:)

KrisKenesei, Jan 29, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Jan 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 power problems

dalchina, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 power problems

1. Windows 10 power problems - Similar Threads - power problems

2. Power Problems 20H2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Problems 20H2: Hello MS Teams; I am running Windows 10 Pro OS Build # 19042.630 with 20H2 on my Laptop. Since installing a few new updates, my laptop seems to have a few power management issues. When I close my lid, my PC should go to sleep, and it doesn't. When I open the lid to check...
  3. New pc having problem installing windows for the second tom after power went out the first...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New pc having problem installing windows for the second tom after power went out the first...: I just built a new pc and i was installing windows on it when my power went out. I have tried reinstalling it, but i get to the part that says getting ready then I lose display on the monitor. submitted by /u/George_SNDR [link] [comments]...
  4. Power Up Problem

Power Up Problem: When turning on the laptop, it gets stuck on the acer logonothing happens, no spinning animations. Then i shut down the laptop by holding the power button. For the second time when i turn it on, laptop opens just fine....
  5. Windows Power Shell v1.0 problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Power Shell v1.0 problem: Hello Tech Support, Since the beginning of this year 2020 a blue screen pops up with this showing "c:/WINDOW/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/powershell.exe. This happens every time I turn on my desk top touch screen. It's affecting my apps and I am not happy with this issue...
  6. Problems while changing power options

Problems while changing power options: Hi, I had problems while changing my power settings. It's saying "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". I am only one user and I am only the admin. Here is the screenshot- [ATTACH]...
  7. Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu: Tutorial at Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 says there are two ways to do it: 2 for add and 2 for remove. Some time ago, I removed it and I am now trying to add it back in. Neither options work. I don't remember HOW I removed it either. So: method 1. Merge this...
  8. Windows 10 power options problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 power options problem: Good day all! I am having issues with power settings. I have my system set up so that the monitor shuts off after x amount of time and the system sleeps after y amount of time. My monitor never auto shuts off, however, and as a result the system never sleeps. If I set 'turn...
  9. Problem with Open Lid power up

Problem with Open Lid power up: I have a Lenovo laptop that I recently purchased. I turn off the power and close the lid. When I open the lid it powers up and I don't want it to. I have gone into power settings and then system settings to change what opening the lid does to "do nothing". I then pressed...
  10. Blue screen, problem with ''kernel-power'' 41 70368744177664,2

Blue screen, problem with ''kernel-power'' 41 70368744177664,2: Hello community, Almost a week ago, without installing or updating anything, the computer started to show the blue screen and restarting almost three times per day. It does this even when watching youtube videos and not using any demanding program. I have tried almost...