Windows 10: Windows 10 power problems

Discus and support Windows 10 power problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear all, I have an ASUS UX303ln with a clean install of Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode. It seems that: when I turn off the computer it turns off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KrisKenesei, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Windows 10 power problems

Dear all,

I have an ASUS UX303ln with a clean install of Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode. It seems that:
    • when I turn off the computer it turns off the screen and fans, but stays on, consuming an unusual amount of energy (in about 30% of the cases it actually turns off properly)
    • When I hibernate the computer, same thing happens
    • When I put it to sleep, in about 60-75% of the cases it won't wake up, instead it will just enter this high power mode with screen off, mentioned in the first bullet point
    These issues persist, even after turning off hybrid sleep, fast startup, hibernation, changing over to CSM boot, trying to downgrade/update drivers for Intel Bluetooth (which sometimes was stopped by windows due to not being Windows 10 compatible), the Management Interface, and Intel and Nvidia drivers.

Try as I might, I can't get rid of this problem. I'd be glad if somebody could suggest anything that might prove to solve this.

Thank you in advance.

:)

KrisKenesei, Jan 29, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Jan 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 power problems

dalchina, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 power problems

1. Windows 10 power problems - Similar Threads - power problems

2. i am having a problem in connecting external hard dist. it seems to be the power problem as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am having a problem in connecting external hard dist. it seems to be the power problem as...: I am having a problem in connecting external hard dist. it seems to be the power problem as the hard disk power disconnected after few seconds. so, what would be a perfect solution for this case....
  3. i am having a problem in connecting external hard dist. it seems to be the power problem as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am having a problem in connecting external hard dist. it seems to be the power problem as...: I am having a problem in connecting external hard dist. it seems to be the power problem as the hard disk power disconnected after few seconds. so, what would be a perfect solution for this case....
  4. Can you help me with Power Tab Editor 1.7 problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me with Power Tab Editor 1.7 problem?: I have Windows OS 11 I'm able to download Power Tab Editor 1.7 safely from the CNET site. It's in file explorer in a zip file and when I extract the files and click on setup it says "download successful" but no Power Tab icon appears on the opening screen. When I click on it...
  5. Can you help me with Power Tab Editor 1.7 problem?

Can you help me with Power Tab Editor 1.7 problem?: I have Windows OS 11 I'm able to download Power Tab Editor 1.7 safely from the CNET site. It's in file explorer in a zip file and when I extract the files and click on setup it says "download successful" but no Power Tab icon appears on the opening screen. When I click on it...
  6. Port power problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Port power problem.: when i plug my mouse and keyboard to my laptop they both get power but when i move my mouse then the keyboard stops working that is the power to keyboard stops flowing and when i leave my mouse idle the keyboard then gets the power.My laptop model is 15-ac122TUI face this...
  7. Port power problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port power problem.: when i plug my mouse and keyboard to my laptop they both get power but when i move my mouse then the keyboard stops working that is the power to keyboard stops flowing and when i leave my mouse idle the keyboard then gets the power.My laptop model is 15-ac122TUI face this...
  8. Port power problem.

9. Having “dpc watchdog violation” and “ driver power state failure” problems. PC keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having “dpc watchdog violation” and “ driver power state failure” problems. PC keeps...: The last thing I remember I did was update devices on Armory Crate, then the crashing started. I don’t quite know what else could be causing this because it’s been working completely fine up until then. Went into Safe Mode and then Device Manager to see what the problem could...
  10. Having “dpc watchdog violation” and “ driver power state failure” problems. PC keeps...

Having “dpc watchdog violation” and “ driver power state failure” problems. PC keeps...: The last thing I remember I did was update devices on Armory Crate, then the crashing started. I don’t quite know what else could be causing this because it’s been working completely fine up until then. Went into Safe Mode and then Device Manager to see what the problem could...