Windows 10: Windows 10 power problems

Discus and support Windows 10 power problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear all, I have an ASUS UX303ln with a clean install of Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode. It seems that: when I turn off the computer it turns off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KrisKenesei, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Windows 10 power problems

Dear all,

I have an ASUS UX303ln with a clean install of Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode. It seems that:
    • when I turn off the computer it turns off the screen and fans, but stays on, consuming an unusual amount of energy (in about 30% of the cases it actually turns off properly)
    • When I hibernate the computer, same thing happens
    • When I put it to sleep, in about 60-75% of the cases it won't wake up, instead it will just enter this high power mode with screen off, mentioned in the first bullet point
    These issues persist, even after turning off hybrid sleep, fast startup, hibernation, changing over to CSM boot, trying to downgrade/update drivers for Intel Bluetooth (which sometimes was stopped by windows due to not being Windows 10 compatible), the Management Interface, and Intel and Nvidia drivers.

Try as I might, I can't get rid of this problem. I'd be glad if somebody could suggest anything that might prove to solve this.

Thank you in advance.

:)

KrisKenesei, Jan 29, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Jan 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 power problems

dalchina, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 power problems

1. Windows 10 power problems - Similar Threads - power problems

2. Power problem? 8TB external hard drive keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power problem? 8TB external hard drive keeps crashing.: Hi guys, A month ago (03/16/2019) I purchased and started to use an 8TB Seagate Desktop external hard drive with my laptop computer (2018 HP Pavilion 15t-cc500 CTO). I had been backing up my data with 2 different 4TB external hard drives before. I use a 4-port USB hub with...
  3. Power problem? 8TB external hard drive keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power problem? 8TB external hard drive keeps crashing.: Hi guys, A month ago (03/16/2019) I purchased and started to use an 8TB Seagate Desktop external hard drive with my laptop computer (2018 HP Pavilion 15t-cc500 CTO). I had been backing up my data with 2 different 4TB external hard drives before. I use a 4-port USB hub with...
  4. Windows Power Media Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Power Media Problem: Is the Windows PowerMedia Player supposed to do anything? The one in my computer never plays any DVDs and if I try to close it, it reboots my computer. It also won't let me use any other media player like VLC. 129479
  5. Windows Power Media Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Power Media Problem: Is the Windows PowerMedia Player supposed to do anything? The one in my computer never plays any DVDs and if I try to close it, it reboots my computer. It also won't let me use any other media player like VLC. 129479
  6. Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems.: Hello there, since the March 1st Windows update (KB4486553) and (KB4482887) my Xbox One wireless controller has been having some issues. Whenever I play a game (American Truck Sim, Rainbow Six Siege, GTA V, etc.) everything works as intended until I try my controller....
  7. Kernel-Power problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power problem: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 6 Level 1 Task 63 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000400000000002 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2019-03-02T02:47:42.135022200Z EventRecordID 5882 Correlation -...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 becomes unstable and bluescreens after mains power problems, even...

Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 becomes unstable and bluescreens after mains power problems, even...: Big Problem : Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 becomes unstable and bluescreens after mains power problems, even after these problems have been fixed. Situation : All drivers and BIOS updated. Memory checked with Windows memory test and perfectly OK. Best Performance : Windows...
  9. Power on problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power on problem: I recently gave my old PC to my grand-daughter who does not live with me. when she trys to switch the PC on it will not power up until she tilts the box. Today I took the side of the tower off and successfully started the PC a number of times however when I replaced the...
  10. I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet...

I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet...: Hi, I haven't been here in a millennium. About my issue, I have tried doing research to tackle this audio lagginess, aka DPC latency. This issue has been a problem for months now. I think I figured out the triggers of it, but can't find a true solution. I have tried using...