Windows 10: Windows 10 power problems

Discus and support Windows 10 power problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear all, I have an ASUS UX303ln with a clean install of Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode. It seems that: when I turn off the computer it turns off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KrisKenesei, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Windows 10 power problems

Dear all,

I have an ASUS UX303ln with a clean install of Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode. It seems that:
    • when I turn off the computer it turns off the screen and fans, but stays on, consuming an unusual amount of energy (in about 30% of the cases it actually turns off properly)
    • When I hibernate the computer, same thing happens
    • When I put it to sleep, in about 60-75% of the cases it won't wake up, instead it will just enter this high power mode with screen off, mentioned in the first bullet point
    These issues persist, even after turning off hybrid sleep, fast startup, hibernation, changing over to CSM boot, trying to downgrade/update drivers for Intel Bluetooth (which sometimes was stopped by windows due to not being Windows 10 compatible), the Management Interface, and Intel and Nvidia drivers.

Try as I might, I can't get rid of this problem. I'd be glad if somebody could suggest anything that might prove to solve this.

Thank you in advance.

:)

KrisKenesei, Jan 29, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Jan 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 power problems

dalchina, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 power problems

1. Windows 10 power problems - Similar Threads - power problems

2. Power problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power problem: HelloMy laptop doesn't boot until i remove the battery and plug the charger in, after that i put the battery and unplug the the ac adapter and the laptop works fine for almost 12 hours, then the next day i should do the same process to boot it again.What is the problem and...
  3. Power problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power problem: HelloMy laptop doesn't boot until i remove the battery and plug the charger in, after that i put the battery and unplug the the ac adapter and the laptop works fine for almost 12 hours, then the next day i should do the same process to boot it again.What is the problem and...
  4. Power problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Power button problem

Power button problem: My power button does not seem to be working. Long hold, short hold nothing. Everything else seems to work fine. To get it to boot I had to go through the BIOS recovery tool. Any ideas of how to restore functionality or a workaround for another key to start my computer?...
  6. problems with power options stopping display plot when display sleeps with computer set to...

problems with power options stopping display plot when display sleeps with computer set to...: i've tried to find an answer to this numerous times but can't seem to find a solutioni run NinjaTrader8 it's a trading platform that needs to run 24/5i would like to set my screen to sleep after 15minutes of no mouse activitybut i want the program to continue to update the...
  7. power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power problem shuts off with lid closed, even with correct settings: just downloaded new windowsEdition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎7/‎14/‎2021 OS build 19043.1110 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 now with lid closed laptop shuts offmade few changes in advanced power setting but the right tweak is not...
  8. USB problem leads to Driver Power State Failure BSOD on shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB problem leads to Driver Power State Failure BSOD on shutdown or restart: Hi all,I leave my PC on for extended periods days, sometimes weeks and usually it's not an issue aside from some minor Windows strangeness. But I've been having this frustrating issue lately:1. At some point usually after a few days of uptime all USB ports will stop...
  9. Having a problem uninstalling search powered by yahoo

Having a problem uninstalling search powered by yahoo: How do I get rid of search powered by yahoo when I uninstall and it doesn't do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-uninstalling-search-powered-by/d34e1837-764b-47c2-aec7-355878bcef2a
  10. Power problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power problem: The cpu stays on after sutdown and won't bootup without reconnecting power.This suddenly happened and we treated with every opinions posted online:Power reset,disabling fast startup,using cmd prompt and even reinstalled a new win 10 pro but again it won't shut down.I come...