Windows 10: Windows 10 power problems

Discus and support Windows 10 power problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear all, I have an ASUS UX303ln with a clean install of Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode. It seems that: when I turn off the computer it turns off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KrisKenesei, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Windows 10 power problems

Dear all,

I have an ASUS UX303ln with a clean install of Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode. It seems that:
    • when I turn off the computer it turns off the screen and fans, but stays on, consuming an unusual amount of energy (in about 30% of the cases it actually turns off properly)
    • When I hibernate the computer, same thing happens
    • When I put it to sleep, in about 60-75% of the cases it won't wake up, instead it will just enter this high power mode with screen off, mentioned in the first bullet point
    These issues persist, even after turning off hybrid sleep, fast startup, hibernation, changing over to CSM boot, trying to downgrade/update drivers for Intel Bluetooth (which sometimes was stopped by windows due to not being Windows 10 compatible), the Management Interface, and Intel and Nvidia drivers.

Try as I might, I can't get rid of this problem. I'd be glad if somebody could suggest anything that might prove to solve this.

Thank you in advance.

:)

KrisKenesei, Jan 29, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Jan 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 power problems

dalchina, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 power problems

1. Windows 10 power problems - Similar Threads - power problems

2. Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .: I have seen ways to fix it , but i don't think i can trust them . I need the safest way to fix the power supply or/and if it doesnt fix , i need the safest way to shut down my computer . I can't risk losing information....
  3. Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .: I have seen ways to fix it , but i don't think i can trust them . I need the safest way to fix the power supply or/and if it doesnt fix , i need the safest way to shut down my computer . I can't risk losing information....
  4. Hello , so recently i have this problem where the power supply is not working .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random Reboot problem. Kernel-Power Event 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Reboot problem. Kernel-Power Event 41: Hello, my pc has been experiencing problems relating to random reboots. PC has been randomly cutting out to a black screen and immediately rebooting to windows with the event 41 log in the event viewer. I don't figure this to be a hardware related issue, as everything in the...
  6. Random Reboot problem. Kernel-Power Event 41

Random Reboot problem. Kernel-Power Event 41: Hello, my pc has been experiencing problems relating to random reboots. PC has been randomly cutting out to a black screen and immediately rebooting to windows with the event 41 log in the event viewer. I don't figure this to be a hardware related issue, as everything in the...
  7. I have a startup problem on a Dell Optiplex 9010 following a power cut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a startup problem on a Dell Optiplex 9010 following a power cut.: I have a startup problem on a Dell Optiplex 9010 following a power cut.It is continuously trying to automatically restart but is not getting beyond the initial black system information screen.It has an SSD as the main drive and a backup HD.I can get into the BIOS screen by...
  8. I have a startup problem on a Dell Optiplex 9010 following a power cut.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a startup problem on a Dell Optiplex 9010 following a power cut.: I have a startup problem on a Dell Optiplex 9010 following a power cut.It is continuously trying to automatically restart but is not getting beyond the initial black system information screen.It has an SSD as the main drive and a backup HD.I can get into the BIOS screen by...
  9. I have a startup problem on a Dell Optiplex 9010 following a power cut.

10. MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System: Why does Microsoft tech support have this MAJOR issue locked "How to fix Very High Power Usage in Task Manager?" while the problem continues to exist!! Locking the issue is not a fix. Let's try fixing it. Thank you....