Windows 10: Windows 10 power settings never work. Why not?

Discus and support Windows 10 power settings never work. Why not? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; All of the posts by Microsoft are useless for this issue. Power management simply does not work. Mine are set exactly to the correct spec and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DeanSalvadore, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Windows 10 power settings never work. Why not?

All of the posts by Microsoft are useless for this issue. Power management simply does not work. Mine are set exactly to the correct spec and nothing works. I do not know what to do.

:)

DeanSalvadore, Jul 22, 2021

2. Windows 10 power buttons not working.

Hi Gerry,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Try to restore the default power plan settings and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.
    • Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 22, 2021
  3. POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Guru-# Win User

Windows 10 power settings never work. Why not?

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 power settings never work. Why not?

1. Windows 10 power settings never work. Why not? - Similar Threads - power settings never

2. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello PIN set to never but no working: After the Pc wakes up, it asks for PIN.How to disable this?My "Require sign-in settings" is set to "Never"My "Power options" doesn't have "Require a password on wakeup yes/no"I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  3. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello PIN set to never but no working: After the Pc wakes up, it asks for PIN.How to disable this?My "Require sign-in settings" is set to "Never"My "Power options" doesn't have "Require a password on wakeup yes/no"I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  4. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never: My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this? 179941
  5. windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never

windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never: windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shuts-down-despite-power-and-sleep/a08ed333-fbde-4142-a074-300de0b062ab
  6. Power settings not working

Power settings not working: I have tried everything and have been unable to find a solution to this. The most common answer I hear is "its a driver issue" but no way to actually to troubleshoot how a driver could be causing this. My computer just will not turn off display or go to sleep no matter what....
  7. USB Power settings - WHY!???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Power settings - WHY!???: OK a little bit of a rant and reporting and issue that should never have happened. This happened to my son who depends on things like live streaming for his income as a professional musician. I'm a former MSFT consultant and assisted with this troubleshooting over a the...
  8. power settings for work

power settings for work: Please tell me if there is a TIME setting for display and computer power? I want my computers to stay on for 8 hours at work - Maybe 9 hours if i choose. Why can't I have it come on at 7 am and turn off at 5 pm ???? Jeff...
  9. Settings search has never worked

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings search has never worked: I have had my Tablet PC for about 5 years. In this time the Search function has never worked, it just does not find anything I enter. It could be of some use if it did. Regarding a related point, it is clear MS has not yet been able to carry out the planned replacement of...
  10. Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work

Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work: We are trying to set up our windows 10 1803 clients so the screen does not turn off, or time out, or sleep so that our applications can stay live an active and we don't have to log back in again after a period of time. We have tried setting the Power & Sleep to Never and...