Windows 10: Windows 10 Power shell executes in command prompt

Discus and support Windows 10 Power shell executes in command prompt in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using power shell as an alternative to command prompt for quite a long time. I mostly use it for Android debugging tool "adb". I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JainAman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. JainAman Win User

Windows 10 Power shell executes in command prompt

I have been using power shell as an alternative to command prompt for quite a long time.

I mostly use it for Android debugging tool "adb".

I am recently facing problem where any command I write in Power Shell opens a cmd window, executes the command in cmd and closes the cmd.

I am unable to find any solution for it.

Also, I have not modified any setting for Power Shell.

Please provide a solution to the problem.

:)

JainAman, Sep 4, 2018
  2. JainAman Win User

I have been using power shell as an alternative to command prompt for quite a long time.

I mostly use it for Android debugging tool "adb".

I am recently facing problem where any command I write in Power Shell opens a cmd window, executes the command in cmd and closes the cmd.

I am unable to find any solution for it.

Also, I have not modified any setting for Power Shell.

Please provide a solution to the problem.

JainAman, Sep 6, 2018
  3. JainAman Win User

Yes, I have been using the commands in Power Shell before with no issues.

JainAman, Sep 6, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Power shell to Command prompt in windows creators update

Yes Microsoft in their wisdom are phasing out Command Prompt in favour of Powershell . . .

Here are the steps to add that option back to the Context Menu in Windows File Explorer:

• Make sure you can see files extensions - In File Explorer, on the View Tab, check the box 'File Name Extensions'
    • Close File Explorer if it is open
    • Right click a black space on your Desktop, choose New - Text Document
    • Copy the text below into it
    • Save the file and give it a meaningful name
    • Change the file extension from .txt to .reg
    • Right click the file and choose 'Merge'
    • Confirm the merge when asked
    • That's it, you're done, 'Open Command Prompt Here' will be back on your Shift + Right click menu in File Explorer!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmdprompt]

@="@shell32.dll,-8506"

"Extended"=""

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmdprompt\command]

@="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\cmdprompt]

@="@shell32.dll,-8506"

"Extended"=""

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\cmdprompt\command]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\cmdprompt]

@="@shell32.dll,-8506"

"Extended"=""

"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\cmdprompt\command]

EXTRA NOTE: To add Command Prompt back to the right click of your Start Menu
    (this only adds Command Prompt back to your Start menu), right click your Taskbar, choose Taskbar Settings and turn this option on . . .

Windows 10 Power shell executes in command prompt 6266d58f-0935-4837-b11b-0a80de9f1e0c.jpg

DaveM121, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Power shell executes in command prompt - Similar Threads - Power shell executes

2. Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...: As mentioned in the title, I have used the 'cl' <insert.exe> command to generate and executable from source, the initial program works very well with no issue. Its not a source code issue from the C program but a security issue from within Windows.The executable then creates...
  3. Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...: As mentioned in the title, I have used the 'cl' <insert.exe> command to generate and executable from source, the initial program works very well with no issue. Its not a source code issue from the C program but a security issue from within Windows.The executable then creates...
  4. power shell command issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power shell command issue: to complete my assigned work i need to do this but how many times iam trying to execute that dism.exe command it is showing the same error even after changing the environment variables. I changed my bios settings to visualization as enabled....
  5. power shell command issue

power shell command issue: to complete my assigned work i need to do this but how many times iam trying to execute that dism.exe command it is showing the same error even after changing the environment variables. I changed my bios settings to visualization as enabled....
  6. Power Shell Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Shell Command: After I sign in to power shell as admin and run my sign on info I then use this command: It works but does not give me Job Title information. The column is there but the data is not. Should I be using a different command?Get-User -ResultSize Unlimited select...
  7. Power Shell Command

Power Shell Command: After I sign in to power shell as admin and run my sign on info I then use this command: It works but does not give me Job Title information. The column is there but the data is not. Should I be using a different command?Get-User -ResultSize Unlimited select...
  8. Shell Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shell Prompt: So this has been driving me absolutely nuts the past week. After a random amount of time has passed this dark blue command prompt pops up for a millisecond and kicks me out of fullscreen applications and briefly restricts my controls when I'm in a window because this this...
  9. Shell Prompt

Shell Prompt: So this has been driving me absolutely nuts the past week. After a random amount of time has passed this dark blue command prompt pops up for a millisecond and kicks me out of fullscreen applications and briefly restricts my controls when I'm in a window because this this...
  10. Command Prompt Interfce Got Changed Due to Command Executed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Interfce Got Changed Due to Command Executed: Hello All, Sometime back I run a command on my command prompt to change the text color which I found somewhere on Google. After that my command interface got changed Refer below screenshot of command prompt and now I want to reset my command back to default. Kindly help...