Windows 10: Windows 10 Powershell Invoke-WebRequest “Windows Security Warning ”

Discus and support Windows 10 Powershell Invoke-WebRequest “Windows Security Warning ” in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Alright this is one big problem in my opinion that Microsoft needs to address immediately. Steps to reproduce this: powershell> Invoke-WebRequest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rumour6, Jul 30, 2015.

1. rumour6 Win User

Windows 10 Powershell Invoke-WebRequest “Windows Security Warning ”

Alright this is one big problem in my opinion that Microsoft needs to address immediately. Steps to reproduce this:
    powershell> Invoke-WebRequest "anywebsitewithcookies.com" (Let's do microsoft.com for example)
    What happens is that you get the following warning:

Windows 10 Powershell Invoke-WebRequest “Windows Security Warning ” [​IMG]

Now this is just horrible. Why Microsoft thinks this is acceptable is beyond me, however in Windows 8.1 there was a workaround. If you went into:
    Control Panel > Internet Options > Privacy

You could set cookies to be accepted all the time. This was the only way to get rid of this message and still retain DOM parsing functionality. -UseBasicParsing isn't a solution for me, because I want to use the functionality of what Invoke-WebRequest returns without basic parsing.
    However now in Windows 10 Microsoft decided to get rid of this slider for whatever reason:

This problem can be reproduced on every Windows 10 machine and completely destroys how Invoke-WebRequest can be used in a silent scripting environment, because the script hangs and waits for the dialog to be answered. Is there a way to still set Cookies to be accepted for all like in 8.1? I tried every setting in Internet Options in Windows 10, but nothing holds the key. I believe they stopped using it and perhaps moved that setting elsewhere, but I can't find it. Microsoft Edge doesn't have many settings either, so none of them were helpful.
    This is just infuriating. Any help would be highly appreciated, as this will create quite a chaos in many environments.

:)

rumour6, Jul 30, 2015

2. Can’t connect securely to this page. "site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings" "Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults"

Good idea! However, in order to use it you need to create a credential for Invoke-WebRequest -Credential to use.

Ref

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27951561/use-invoke-webrequest-with-a-username-and-password-for-basic-authentication-on-t
    (BING search for

invoke-webrequest credential

)

<quote>

$cred = Get-Credential

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri
    'https://whatever' -Credential $cred

</quote>

Good luck

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Internet Options ~ Powershell Invoke-WebRequest “Windows Security Warning”

Alright this is one big problem in my opinion that Microsoft needs to address immediately. Steps to reproduce this:

powershell> Invoke-WebRequest "anywebsitewithcookies.com" (Let's do microsoft.com for example)

What happens is that you get the following warning:

Now this is just horrible. Why Microsoft thinks this is acceptable is beyond me, however in
    Windows 8.1 there was a workaround. If you went into:

Control Panel > Internet Options > Privacy

You could set cookies to be accepted all the time. This was the only way to get rid of this message and still retain DOM parsing functionality. -UseBasicParsing isn't a solution for me, because I want to use the functionality of what Invoke-WebRequest returns
    without basic parsing.

However now in Windows 10 Microsoft decided to get rid of this slider for whatever reason:

This problem can be reproduced on every Windows 10 machine and completely destroys how Invoke-WebRequest can be used in a silent scripting environment, because the
    script hangs and waits for the dialog to be answered. Is there a way to still set Cookies to be accepted for all like in 8.1? I tried every setting in Internet Options in Windows 10, but nothing holds the key. I believe they stopped using it
    and perhaps moved that setting elsewhere, but I can't find it. Microsoft Edge doesn't have many settings either, so none of them were helpful.

This is just infuriating. Any help would be highly appreciated, as this will create quite a chaos in many environments.

Johnathan87, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Powershell Invoke-WebRequest “Windows Security Warning ”

1. Windows 10 Powershell Invoke-WebRequest “Windows Security Warning ” - Similar Threads - Powershell Invoke WebRequest

2. Windows defender security warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender security warning: Clicked on a link and this message popped up. Mouse not working, can't x out There is a phone number, but not sure it's legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-warning/89278f31-9b3a-46df-b305-03b229f1ceb4
  3. Windows defender security warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender security warning: Clicked on a link and this message popped up. Mouse not working, can't x out There is a phone number, but not sure it's legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-warning/89278f31-9b3a-46df-b305-03b229f1ceb4
  4. windows-defender - security warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows-defender - security warning: i was going though my laptop when all of a sudden, my whole screen was covered with a page that says “Windows-Defender - Security Warning”… i dont see any “ex-out” button and it says to contact Windows Support immediately with the number 272-207-1710is this fake, or do i...
  5. windows-defender - security warning

windows-defender - security warning: i was going though my laptop when all of a sudden, my whole screen was covered with a page that says “Windows-Defender - Security Warning”… i dont see any “ex-out” button and it says to contact Windows Support immediately with the number 272-207-1710is this fake, or do i...
  6. windows-defender - security warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Warning Windows PowerShell id: 300

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Warning Windows PowerShell id: 300: Hi, After installing the latest updates (no V2004), I find two identical warnings at every start:PowerShell ID 300 - Device not ready. ProviderName=Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem ExceptionClass=IOExceptionErrorCategory=ErrorId= ErrorMessage=Dispositivo non...
  8. Windows Installer Security Warning

Windows Installer Security Warning: I have been trying to install a very useful freeware program, Cinnamon Software's Talking Alarm Clock, onto my new HP W10 PC. This program has been on my W7 PC, a ZT desktop, for around 10 years. I re-downloaded this program from Cnet, since Cinnamon's server seems to be...
  9. 10016 Warnings for PerAppRuntimeBroker but Windows Security warnings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    10016 Warnings for PerAppRuntimeBroker but Windows Security warnings: Win 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1903. I have run sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth MANY MANY times, including an hour ago. I KEEP getting a GAZILLION sets of four or more Event Viewer 10016 Warnings together about The application-specific permission...
  10. Powershell WebRequest to Microsoft.com shows Operation Timeout

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powershell WebRequest to Microsoft.com shows Operation Timeout: I have created the following PowerShell script to test connectivity to a bunch of URLs. The below example is just the meat of the script (full script includes error handling) $web1 = $null [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::DefaultConnectionLimit = 1024...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell invoke-webrequest and security

2. powershell invoke webrequest ignore security